Which game are you looking forward to?

Dr DC Fate

Brucie, you sounded a bit like that ABBA song there, Take A Chance On Me 😄

Not looking forward to anything in gaming really. Found most games too disappointing.

I'll have a look at that Dune strategy game when it comes out naturally. But other than that I'm hard pressed to think of anything that could be in the works. Maybe Midnight Suns.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

games I looking for in 2022:

Total War: Warhammer 3

Dwarf Fortress Steam release

Crusaders Kings 3 - Royal Court DLC

Baldurs Gate 3

Maybe Diablo 4 - we will see

• Thanks 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe should come out... eventually?

• Haha 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

18 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, Elden Ring, Avowed, TOW 2

The former two I'm quite skeptical of, the latter 2 I have a good deal of confidence of.

I forgot about STALKER 2, thats definitely on my list of anticipated games for 2022 and another " day 1 purchase " for sure

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I forgot about STALKER 2, thats definitely on my list of anticipated games for 2022 and another " day 1 purchase " for sure

I just hope they don't screw it up, and they better add controller support this time around.  They wanted to make it a NFT blockchain type of game where contributers received special benefits but huge public backlash compelled them to politely walk back on it (stuff like that seems to be hugely popular in Eastern Europe, I am into crypto personally but I think it's a stupid idea for video games, Paypal is quite sufficient). 

Sequels to games released over a decade ago are almost always a dice roll, and it doesn't matter what region its from, and the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has quite a cult following but it definitely wasn't perfectly optimized or coded.  Minimalist to the extreme.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kanisatha said:

As a huge ABBA-phyle this made my day. :)

Its funny you mention ABBA because I also love their music despite many younger, and older, people considering their music to be " meh" 

My parents got divorced when I was one and my mom raised us but we saw my dad maybe every 4-5 weeks because he was working overseas loads but we did go overseas once  a year  for 15 days on holiday  with him and my stepmom when I was about 10 onwards. Anyway my dad is a huge ABBA fan and when he use to come pick us he always use to play ABBA in his car so I literally grew up in the late 1970s  and 1980s listening to their music

So I love all ABBA songs especially  Dancing Queen , Chiquitita and when I Kissed The Teacher

I dont think you ever forget the music you use to listen that your parents enjoy. Here is song list that all ABBA fans will know 🥳 

https://www.last.fm/music/ABBA/+tracks

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

I just hope they don't screw it up, and they better add controller support this time around.  They wanted to make it a NFT blockchain type of game where contributers received special benefits but huge public backlash compelled them to politely walk back on it (stuff like that seems to be hugely popular in Eastern Europe, I am into crypto personally but I think it's a stupid idea for video games, Paypal is quite sufficient). 

Sequels to games released over a decade ago are almost always a dice roll, and it doesn't matter what region its from, and the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has quite a cult following but it definitely wasn't perfectly optimized or coded.  Minimalist to the extreme.

You raise some good and interesting points but STALKER is more of a FPS\RPG hybrid and I always use M\KB for these types of games. Controller is best for some games like Far Cry and Assassins  Creed but not FPS games so I dont think Controller support should be  a necessity ?

John Milton 

Just now, BruceVC said:

You raise some good and interesting points but STALKER is more of a FPS\RPG hybrid and I always use M\KB for these types of games. Controller is best for some games like Far Cry and Assassins  Creed but not FPS games so I dont think Controller support should be  a necessity ?

When laptops are your platform of choice, controller support is very helpful.  Considering it is being released on consoles as well I'm reasonably confident Steam version will have controller support.

In my personal experience controller support may be detrimental in online shooters (which I do not play but did in fact have l33t Battlefield skills back in the day) but not PvE shooters, they are just different.  In Resident Evil Village, for instance, I found using Magnums and Shotguns to be more nicer to use with controllers but M/K more precise and consistent firing with the Assault Rifle (WMX) was better.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kanisatha said:

I'm looking forward to Starfield mainly. Other big games I'm interested in are not likely to release in '22. There is that D&D game being made by Hidden Path Entertainment, which may release in '22.

You know the name of the game?

PS: The only game, that I am looking forward is StarCrawlers Chimera :) But I do not think they will be able to finish the game this year.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Of course Steelrising could be promising.

I know some people here are bound to play it just for it being a Spiders game. Which is a good enough reason really, considering there are people who play Larian games for being Larian games :p

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

5 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

You know the name of the game?

No, the only things we know so far are that it is third-person, open world, and AAA.

And another D&D game is being made by OtherSide Entertainment. Zero info on that one.

WotC boss has said they have about seven D&D video games in the works, with an expected one or two releases per year from '21 through '25. This year was Dark Alliance. in '22 hopefully it is BG3 plus the Hidden Path game.

18 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Its funny you mention ABBA because I also love their music despite many younger, and older, people considering their music to be " meh" 

My parents got divorced when I was one and my mom raised us but we saw my dad maybe every 4-5 weeks because he was working overseas loads but we did go overseas once  a year  for 15 days on holiday  with him and my stepmom when I was about 10 onwards. Anyway my dad is a huge ABBA fan and when he use to come pick us he always use to play ABBA in his car so I literally grew up in the late 1970s  and 1980s listening to their music

So I love all ABBA songs especially  Dancing Queen , Chiquitita and when I Kissed The Teacher

I dont think you ever forget the music you use to listen that your parents enjoy. Here is song list that all ABBA fans will know 🥳 

https://www.last.fm/music/ABBA/+tracks

I have every one of their ten albums plus all the singles. All on CD, as is my entire music collection of about 270 CDs. Growing up in Sri Lanka in the 1970s and early '80s, the sole English language radio channel in the country played a lot of great Western rock and pop music, but overwhelmingly European than American because as a former British colony everything was much more Anglo-centric. So ABBA got played a LOT (along with another very popular group called Boney M, a Jamaican group but from Germany), and I spent many hours in the afternoons after getting home from school listening to ABBA on the radio while dreaming of someday living in the West. :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

I have every one of their ten albums plus all the singles. All on CD, as is my entire music collection of about 270 CDs. Growing up in Sri Lanka in the 1970s and early '80s, the sole English language radio channel in the country played a lot of great Western rock and pop music, but overwhelmingly European than American because as a former British colony everything was much more Anglo-centric. So ABBA got played a LOT (along with another very popular group called Boney M, a Jamaican group but from Germany), and I spent many hours in the afternoons after getting home from school listening to ABBA on the radio while dreaming of someday living in the West. :)

Great story, I also know Boney M. We listen to them every Christmas and they part of our Christmas song collection along with the likes of John Denver

You the first person I have ever met  on any forum who knows Boney M. Its amazing how we can  have things in common with people that you chat to  on a forum like this that are not just about gaming and politics 

So how so you feel about living in the USA now, any regrets overall? Im glad you achieved that part of your life goals 8)

• Like 1

John Milton