Posted (edited)

After a lengthy period of gathering players' feedback, theorycrafting and balancing, we have come with a Community Patch Mod - a community based collection of tweaks and improvements.

Community Patch consists of the following stand-alone modules:

• Basic - includes a lot of suggestions from the Deadfire Polishing Poll - a poll made by players for players, in order to pinpoint the possible balance problems and address them. Basic mod - is a conservative patch, it includes only those suggestions that have twice more votes pro than votes against change. (note: in case of suggestion with multiple options - we were aggregating them)
  • Extra - also includes the suggestions from Deadfire Polishing Poll. But only those that didn't make it into Basic package, but still have more votes pro than votes against. Additionally, Extra includes a few fixes for several bug reports that we have found on the official technical forums.
  • Keywords - address the randomness and apparent lack of systematic approach to spell keywords. This mainly affects priest, and to a lesser degree druids, ciphers and wizards.
  • Typos - fixes a wide array of typos found in the English version of the game.
  • Icons -  adds a completely unique set of icons for all passive talents and effects. They were handcrafted with being as suggestive, unique and fitting as possible, in mind.

For more info, you can check the mod page, or original thread on these forums, here.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 12

Only spotted this was out today. Not played with it yet, but the icons are most DEFINITELY an obvious improvement. Nice work, folks.

Posted (edited)

New icons look great! I like the more consistent Priest keywords as well - I might have to incorporate these into my keyword mod if I have the time and energy (and only release if you're cool with it). I recall a couple of the Wizard keywords bothering me as well.

Edited by Lamppost in Winter

Posted (edited)

Hello. I applied this mod, and the icon sets seems broken to me. I turned off all the other mods and placed this mod set as the description; set icon mod to load last / at the bottom of mod list.

How could I solve this problem?

error.jpg

I solved the problem. :) I just did mistake when extracting the file. Sorry for bothering you.

Edited by Hoo

I hope, one day, Obsidian will take a look in this patch...

...And integrate most of the changes in a true official update ! (I dream)

• Thanks 1