Forum Comments and Issues Repository

SChin

4 hours ago, majestic said:

Default font size is a bit tiny, at least on actual computer monitors. It works better on mobile, but for a mole like me, eh... :p

image.thumb.png.4eafec36b3fa25149f0c81bcc096aa37.png

What's far worse is that all those images under your location on the left side are stacked on top of each other now and thus set a minimum post height of approx 1000000 pixels. 😄

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

6 hours ago, Lexx said:

Something changed with the forum. After so many years, it seems posts are much easier to read again. Big thanks to whoever finally saw the light!

There is but one issue. This bright light here, which now makes it impossible to see the page count, etc.:

image.thumb.png.5ac2404c0d10e7e579d2aa6fe7d2ea35.png

Hello everyone - there were some issues on the backend that may have affected the theme. I have let Admin know and will follow-up as soon as I hear back details.

• Like 1

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Hey y'all,

Things should be back to normal: please let us know if you notice any sprats causing issues!

• Like 1

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

I had this page open from a few hours ago before I left for a while, and then when I came back, we were back to normal. So which version did you guys prefer?

firefox_4fBQ6JlMZS.png?rlkey=zcp32a437ep

vs.

firefox_tn4RFIu4z8.png?rlkey=5cqlm9839vq

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Hey Bart,

It should look like how you see it now. I think you got lucky and missed the in between when it looked like what you see below.
image.png

• Gasp! 1

Is it fixed now? 😄 I had bizarre login issues last night, tried to post a few times, issues prevented me, figured it would be fixed later, whatever it was. Glad it was. Good work. 

That said, I was amused when the entire thread was inserted into the "reply/make a post" box.  :biggrin:

Obs-forums-weird1.jpg

Obs-forums-weird2.jpg

• Gasp! 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 2 weeks later...

People are saying that the forums' performance has been less than great as of late, with many second page loads randomly occurring when they hadn't in the past.

I'm saying that, I am the people.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Yep, the performance of the board can easily be called arse. Maybe even from the arse, as it were. If you are less into fecal humor, one could say it blows or sucks. Goats. Hard.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Hey folks!

Sorry for the state the forums have been in lately. From what we have seen, there has been a rather large increase in new members and even bigger increase in non-membered guests visiting the forums as of late, especially after Grounded went to PlayStation and Nintendo. We think the added traffic has been slowing things down a bit, so on Monday night (4/22), we bumped up our database service to try to help with performance.

At the moment, I'm not noticing any slowdowns, but if you happen to run into any significant issues or slowdowns, please do let us know so we can look into it further and potentially increase the database service even more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, SChin said:

Hey folks!

Sorry for the state the forums have been in lately. From what we have seen, there has been a rather large increase in new members and even bigger increase in non-membered guests visiting the forums as of late, especially after Grounded went to PlayStation and Nintendo. We think the added traffic has been slowing things down a bit, so on Monday night (4/22), we bumped up our database service to try to help with performance.

At the moment, I'm not noticing any slowdowns, but if you happen to run into any significant issues or slowdowns, please do let us know so we can look into it further and potentially increase the database service even more.

It's 1 AM CST right now (~1:12 AM to be specific is when I first noticed a huge lag spike), and this is who is online:

firefox_X4pPQT7Qz0.png?rlkey=0mdjvitx5ss

It's taking anywhere between 10 and 30 seconds to navigate to each page (and that is not an exaggeration, I have literally been counting as I try to refresh pages). I opened and loaded literally every single one of my bookmarks in the time it took for me to get to the Obsidian forums' front page and then open this thread to be able to post this. There do seem to be quite a number of guest browsers at this particular moment, but I'm not sure if the 449 shown in the image above adequately explain the really terrible performance here (especially at 1 AM). Note also these posts from other forum residents LadyCrimson and Keyrock mentioning recent performance issues:

Edited by Bartimaeus

Maybe it’s just getting old? 😎

Did notice a marked increase in guests and general slow down. Both signs of sudden media exposure somewhere leading to increased traffic

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

8 hours ago, Gorth said:

Maybe it’s just getting old? 😎

Did notice a marked increase in guests and general slow down. Both signs of sudden media exposure somewhere leading to increased traffic

Yes - that was indeed noted. Over 500+ new members to the community last week!

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

I hadn't even noticed the influx of guests - my bookmark (or my general "click first" after login) is the Community section, not Home, so I don't often see the stats line of users-online. :)

Too much traffic can definitely be a bugbear for various reasons.

I'm still getting the slow page loading response just to say, both page loading and when trying to login/logout. Sometimes it's not too long a wait, sometimes it's quite long (as Bart. mentioned).

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't know if they fixed something or it's just coincidence, but it felt better tonight when I was on. Still a bit of very brief "lag/pause" at times but nothing terrible or rage inducing. 😄

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Finally pinged ol' mate Satya on Teams and asked to get on the sweet, sweet Azure presumably.

Still on Amazon.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Ok, not sure if this has been mentioned before because I'm lazy.

Several years ago I activated "Two-Factor Authentication" on these forums. I used an authenticator on my phone to login. Naturally, as one does, I lost that authenticator (don't even know which one I used).

For several years I've been trying to turn off that Two-Factor Authentication, but.. you need Two-Factor Authentication to turn off Two-Factor Authentication. Not joking.

Can someone explain to me how that's supposed to work? Having to login here using recovery codes every time made me stop coming here altogether. And no, recovery codes can not be used to turn off Two-Factor Authentication (unless I'm missing something).

Help.

2factor.jpg

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hey @mkreku,

I'm sorry you've been running into this issue with the Authentication System. I'll have our back-end web developer look into that issue so that you and others have the proper ability to remove the two-factor authentication as needed. In the meantime, I've gone ahead and removed the 2FA from your account so if you would like, you can set it up again without having to use the recovery codes.

Thank you for bringing this authentication issue to my attention and sorry again for all the inconvenience its been causing you over the past couple of years.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, SChin said:

Hey @mkreku,

I'm sorry you've been running into this issue with the Authentication System. I'll have our back-end web developer look into that issue so that you and others have the proper ability to remove the two-factor authentication as needed. In the meantime, I've gone ahead and removed the 2FA from your account so if you would like, you can set it up again without having to use the recovery codes.

Thank you for bringing this authentication issue to my attention and sorry again for all the inconvenience its been causing you over the past couple of years.

Thank you.

I'M BACK, BITCHES!!

• Thanks 2
  • Gasp! 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

On 5/9/2024 at 12:05 PM, Hurlshort said:

Can we have a proper hockey thread now?

How improper was the last one? :brows:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man