Political Thread XX

Amentep

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-storied-friendship-of-john-mccain-and-lindsey-graham/

Lindsay Graham has been making such honest and sincere comments around his friendship and admiration for Mccain its been both poignant and inspirational  8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Checking social media and random internet forums has re-affirmed my belief that there are bad hombres on both sides. On both sides.

RIP, Senator McCain. You served your country well.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Didn't always agree with him and his history is suspect because of FAKE NEWS but still RIP.

That said, funny how Dems are sucking his peepee when they were LITERALLY calling him a Nazi before.  L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The governor appoints his replacement who will serve until the special election in 2020, if they win that, they'll serve the rest of McCain's term to 2022.

Gov. Ducey has said that he isn't announcing the replacement until after the funeral and burial on Sept. 2nd.

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 1

Wow that was fast! "Im discontinuing treatments"...~24H later..."dies".

Who takes over his seat?

linda mccartney went horseback riding with her family and then died of complications due to cancer the same eve.  it happens. when it doesn't happen, we hardly begrudge an individual and their family from choosing human intervention to alleviate the pain and indignity which so often accompanies deaths caused by cancer. most o' us recognize how agonizing such final choices must be and choose not to call attention to any peculiarities of timing or circumstance.

john McCain wanted this statement read after his death

perhaps more significant as a kinda final message is one of senator mccain's final speeches from the senate floor

am saddened so many o' mccain's signature legislative efforts have been undone by subsequent legislative, executive and judicial actions. however, while it rare receives more than cursory recognition, mccain's efforts to normalize relations with vietnam may be the most enduring and meaningful aspect o' his legacy.  mccain's ability to put aside differences and work on behalf o' the US and vietnam to the benefit o' both nations says a great deal 'bout the character o' mccain.

he will be missed.  he should be missed.

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Wait, he quit his pain meds just so his last few hours could be in agony? So kooky. :shrugz:

Haven't seen anything like that. Assume he did palliative care.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

US Evangelicals are amusing people.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-news-on-google-is-rigged-against-him/

Going to force Google to show 50% conservative and 50% liberal I guess ?

well, problem is that you can't choose because Google is deciding for you what you want to see. If you got option to check if you want biased results based on your previous searches it would be fine, but noone is asking you what will be displayed. Even if you read only title you will have at least some 'opposite' information

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Guess we will have to wait for the evidence of this, I think Fox News did a test.

Not likely. He was a pilot and would not ave been exposed to it. Besides hr spent almost his entire time in SE Asia as a POW

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell