Political Thread XX

Amentep

All these charges at elikely all for the same set of crimes. A loty easit to get things to stick when you charge someone with 50 'different' crimes for the same actual crime. L;MAO

Crimes can be multifaceted and charges are atomized in order to compose a verdict.

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Is that a big deal for the, ahem, movement though?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Is that a big deal for the, ahem, movement though?

nah, ofc not. No one cares about 'abused' guys by wamen :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well even if they did, accusations against Man A or from Woman B are separate from Argento, aren't they?

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

ofcourse, that's why it should be resolved in court, not by witch (mage?) hunt on social media :) It just showing hypocrisy of all of this

Edited by Chilloutman

You're wishing too much if you want people to not react negatively to accusations of that (like they do for every crime, pretty much) and want organizations to not get rid of someone that may be a headache for them.  Well ok, organizations other than the Church in the past :p

Sounds like Pompeo can at least get a free trip to RSA out of this. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/23/world/africa/trump-south-africa-white-farmers.html

Eminent Domain at gunpoint. There are folks in Washington soooo jealous right now! :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Oh noez the Africans are taking their country back.

I actually agree with you, more power to them, lets just realocate those whose lend is taken back to Western countries and let them be as successfull as rest of Afrika

Eminent Domain at gunpoint. There are folks in Washington soooo jealous right now! :lol:

Yeah, seems like some weird politics at play in RSA with this.  Is a bit of a special case given its history but even so doing it without compensation (and I guess you'll need some proper valuation of the farm - the current owner's estimates and the states are going to be bogus) seems like it's just inviting headaches. 

People alive today are not responsible for the sins of those who came before. Even if they benefited from them. We have this discussion here in the US from time to time about reparations for slavery. OK, show me someone alive today who was held as a slave before the 13th Amend and we'll give him a check. Show me someone alive today who kept slaves when it was legal and we'll take the money from them. The land I live on today used to belong to the Chicksaw Indians. In the 1830's they were run off by The State of Mississippi & Tennessee. If one of them showed up today and wanted it back I'd tell him to get lost. I didn't take it from him. It never belonged to him personally. Hell my ancestors were not even in the country when all that happened. I bought my place from a man named Cates whose father bought it from the TVA who bought is from a soybean company who bought it from someone else. All of that happened long after the Chicksaw went west.

There is no one walking this mud ball today whose ancestors were not wronged by someone else's. No apologies are owed. The ANC seems to have lost whatever restraint it had when dealing with the minorities in the RSA. I guess that was inevitable. The rainbow nation was a nice idea. Too bad it has humans living in it.

Of course the RSA government hasn't actually DONE anything yet. That I've heard of at least. But you have to figure it's coming.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Apartheid ended in 1991 or so, if I recall.

Oh yeah, emotions are still raw Im sure. But when it comes to taking a farm, the British took it from the Boers, who took it from whatever people who had it who took it from different people, and on back it goes. There is never a moral justification for taking whats not yours. You're just the next bully with guns stealing from people you hate.

Thomas Sowell

Australia, Australia never changes....

This article is a few years old, but as of today, it still applies ;)

Canberra, the coup capital of the world...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-34249214

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oh yeah, emotions are still raw Im sure. But when it comes to taking a farm, the British took it from the Boers, who took it from whatever people who had it who took it from different people, and on back it goes. There is never a moral justification for taking whats not yours. You're just the next bully with guns stealing from people you hate.

I think Boer is 'white guy'?

I think Boer is 'white guy'?

Boers were/are Dutch-speaking settlers and their descendants

https://babylonbee.com/news/sarah-sanders-finally-resigns-after-being-forced-to-defend-trumps-statement-that-the-last-jedi-is-the-best-star-wars-film/

Sarah Sanders finally cracks under pressure and resigns from her position. In desperate attempt to defend Trump's claim that The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars film ever, the Democratic liberal SJW's got butthurt, challenging Sanders and she exposed Trump in her breakdown. It is said she is planning to work in a fast food restaurant, in the back flipping burgers to avoid people.

This is the most important news today. Hands down.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

One week after entering the NM Senate Race Gary Johnson is polling in 2nd place at 21%. Looks like he stole support from both candidates but more from the Republican. Let's hope he can keep his wits about him this time.

https://www.krqe.com/news/politics-governement/poll-shows-standings-in-nm-gubernatorial-senate-races/1386397121

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I looked around and while I couldn't find actual popularity numbers, he seems to have been a pretty average Governor during his tenure in N<, not awesome, but not terrible either. One source mentioned him as being nicknamed 'Governor No' due to vetoing a lot of stuff. I don't know the specific context of that (like what he veto'd and the makeup of the state legislature at the time), so, I can't really make any inferences from it.

For someone who appears to have been an average (or good by some accounts), he's picking up a good chunk of the votes. Other dynamics in the NM Governor race could explain that though.

edit: Breaking news while typing up this post, Sen. John McCain is discontinuing his treatment for cancer, http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/403445-mccain-ending-brain-cancer-treatment How long he has left, nobody is saying yet.

with the recent news regarding cohen, pecker and weaselberg, the situation is not looking good for the trump administration.   in fact, recent leaked footage o' a senior wh staff meeting shows how tense the west wing has been in recent days. 

link.

HA! Good Fun!

ps am fully aware how to proper spell weisselberg, but mr. weaselberg has been considered the proverbial golden goose in any potential trump investigation, and the US Attorney's office has him.  more than any single individual not named trump, mr. weaselberg has been aware o' the details o' trump business dealings for decades. 

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

What's Yemen?

His male supporters.