What are you playing right now?

Yeah, I've seen the alternate cutscene :'(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Started up The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel today, only to find out I had lost my end save (I wanted to use it for Trails of Cold Steel 2). Well it's time for me to start

from the beginning again so I can create a new end save, plus this also helps me remember the main storyline, since I forgotten a lot that took place in the first Trails of Cold Steel. 

[QUICK UPDATE] : So I just finished up day one of Rean's first field study, now I'm starting day two of the field study.

Hoping to get student rank A0 or at least close to that for Rean, when I finally complete the first Trails of Cold Steel.

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 1

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I wish I remembered the story of the original XCOM (errr... the latest first one) because this one is already referencing it and I'm drawing a blank.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Not much to remember. Vahlen was the science lady who did your research. Old man Shen was your engineering guy who built your toys. Bradford was the same annoying sidekick who talks too much.

That's all there is to remember. Anything else didn't happen as humanity lost too fast.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Tried playing X-Com some time ago.

One hour into the game all my guys are taking hard cover. One alien appears in distance. Three of my guys shoot and miss. Alien shoots back and crit kills one of mine. Another goes into panic mode and shoots another one of mine. Me--uninstall game.

I really don't know what people find in it.

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Tried playing X-Com some time ago.

One hour into the game all my guys are taking hard cover. One alien appears in distance. Three of my guys shoot and miss. Alien shoots back and crit kills one of mine. Another goes into panic mode and shoots another one of mine. Me--uninstall game.

I really don't know what people find in it.

What you just described. That is what I see in it.

• Like 1

Can't be crit if you hunker down. Can't be hit if you're out of sight. Point blank shots won't miss, neither will grenades. XCOM has a lot of RNG but you also have a lot of tools to avoid leaving things to RNG.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I started playing Fable.

It seems this game is centered around being a hero/villain. So bandits attack, my village is destroyed, a guild appears out of nowhere. They save me, they raise me, they teach me the arts of blade, archery and magic. I eventually set out of the guild to walk on the path of becoming a hero!  So what is the quest I have been given? 'Oh, hi! There are these people who are camping near the woods and they are being harassed by a bunch of wasps, go save them.'

Wow, that was so heroic! I felt like I was MohammedMosesChrist all while being shat straight out of Buddha's arse! 

I'll get back to playing Warframe...

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I started playing Octopath Traveler.

The game is really enchanting. Loving the atmosphere and am currently on the way to grab my third party member.

• Like 5

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I started playing Octopath Traveler.

The game is really enchanting. Loving the atmosphere and am currently on the way to grab my third party member.

I'm thinking about getting a Switch soonish just for this game.

• Like 1

Still playing Hero-U, still great. The game never ceases to charm. Recently I killed the giant proach with some help and scored major brownie points with my girl Esme. I hope she doesn't friend zone me.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I’m playing a few games. I have all 8 characters in Octopath Traveler. I’m picking up sub jobs and working on everyone’s chapter 2. Fun times.

I am also playing the first Danganronpa and SteinsGate on PlayStation Vita. I can almost retire the machine. I only have these two games plus Danganronpa 2 and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines left to beat. I will play pS+ games until they no longer a thing, which will be in 2019 for Vita.

• Like 1

I’m playing a few games. I have all 8 characters in Octopath Traveler. I’m picking up sub jobs and working on everyone’s chapter 2. Fun times.

I am also playing the first Danganronpa and SteinsGate on PlayStation Vita. I can almost retire the machine. I only have these two games plus Danganronpa 2 and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines left to beat. I will play pS+ games until they no longer a thing, which will be in 2019 for Vita.

How many hours into Octopath are you? It seems like one of those rpgs where you can just get lost in time, as opposed to feeling the game slog. I need a game that I can just pick up and chip away at at a comfortable pace.

The other game I really want a switch for is the Banner Saga Trilogy. I've never played one of those games, but it looks awesome.

Can't be crit if you hunker down. Can't be hit if you're out of sight. Point blank shots won't miss, neither will grenades. XCOM has a lot of RNG but you also have a lot of tools to avoid leaving things to RNG.

The details evade me... was a long time ago, man. Could have been one alien runs around, then all my guys reveal themselves from overwatch position, then another one blasts them from like, the other end of the map. What I remember was that I was doing my best according to the currently available tools the game has provided me with at that stage. Either way, I just don't think that X-Com actually gives you enough variation to properly tackle down what you're facing. Personally, I find the 'tactical' element in this game to be rather constrictive and a bit bare bones. Just not my cup of tea, I guess. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

How many hours into Octopath are you? It seems like one of those rpgs where you can just get lost in time, as opposed to feeling the game slog. I need a game that I can just pick up and chip away at at a comfortable pace.

The other game I really want a switch for is the Banner Saga Trilogy. I've never played one of those games, but it looks awesome.

I’m 22h in. I usually play 1h or 2h sessions. It’s great in that save points aren’t extremely far apart and the game has autosave at some area transitions. I just move from one point to another, fighting random battles on my journey. The good thing is that I don’t go out of my way grinding.
  • Like 1

Unforeseen incidents. That radio puzzle's driving me nuts. When I get the frequency right, a cutscene's supposed to start. Unforetunately, the controlls for this puzzle are the opposite of precise. Either I just don't get it right, or I'm the only person who's suffering a plot stopper here. That's so frustrating. :banghead:

There are a lot options when it comes to playing Xcom games. You can play on easy, which is fairly easy as long as you are careful and methodical in your positioning. You can play on harder and enjoy the fact you will lose soldiers to unfair situations because life is unfair, and just remember that unfairness will sometimes work in your favor when you leave a soldier in a bad spot.

Or you can save scum. Which is honestly how I always play my first playthrough, because it teaches me about how to play the game carefully without feeling like I'm being punished. I save the ironman runs for later on.

It's fairly early on, so I haven't gotten attached enough to any of my soldiers to even bother with the save scumming.  It was just kind of a kick in the nuts that the one soldier I lost on that mission was the one with the most experience, and to a fluky shot, to boot.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I liked playing with the "Perfect Information" setting in Long War because it kinda demonstrated that sometimes seemingly fluky things weren't actually that improbable. And it also puts things into context when I have multiple shots of my own (overwatch mostly, granted) hit at single digit chances.

Remember, high cover is a linear -40% to hit chances and low cover is a piddly -20%. It's easy to overestimate the value of cover.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

It's been a while since I played the previous XCOM, but did every mission have a "timed" element to it?  All missions I've been on so far have involved having to complete the objective within 'X' amount of turns.  Maybe it's just poor memory, but I don't remember that being the case all the time before.

It's been a while since I played the previous XCOM, but did every mission have a "timed" element to it?  All missions I've been on so far have involved having to complete the objective within 'X' amount of turns.  Maybe it's just poor memory, but I don't remember that being the case all the time before.

The timed missions are actually the reason for me giving up on XCOM 2 multiple times. I hate cheapass design of the "Complete the mission in x turns or you'll lose instantly!" sort. Then again, a whole lot of people seemed to have liked the timers after they grew accustomed to them, so ... Eh.

Also, no, there was only a single timed mission type in the original, and it was reasonably rare.