Politics Thread - Ka-tet of 19

Blarghagh

Maybe ppl from El Salvador/Guatemala/Honduras should flee to... Costa Rica? It's a peaceful prosperous country compared to the others.

Man STFU, I don't need a bunch people ruining Costa Rica. That's my retirement plan.

Who are you kidding, you're not going to retire.

It's either that or create a business abroad, there are actually some good opportunities in south america. You just need some guns to protect them and to bribe the right officials.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Orogun = John McAfee confirmed.

I guess that means in 20 years or so GD can support him in the Libertarian Party primary and hope to finally crack the 5% barrier.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I guess that means in 20 years or so GD can support him in the Libertarian Party primary and hope to finally crack the 5% barrier.

Can't, I'm Cuban

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Can't, I'm Cuban

Whatevs, Obama was a Muslim from Kenya.

• Like 2

Can't, I'm Cuban

Whatevs, Obama was a Muslim from Kenya.

Made me chuckle...also I would be better than Obama, definitively less drone strikes and no revoking rights for immigrants.

• Like 2

village_idiot.gif

Can't, I'm Cuban

Cuba will have been sold to the United States of Wal-Mart in the AnCap hellscape of 2038.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Can't, I'm Cuban

Cuba will have been sold to the United States of Wal-Mart in the AnCap hellscape of 2038.

I honestly would feel terrible about that, as much as the government pained me I would loathe to see a single building that stood the test of time and has so much history be torn down for another ****ing McDonalds.

village_idiot.gif

How is Cuba nowadays anyway? Like 10 or so years ago I really wanted to go to Cuba. Everything sounded kinda nice on paper, except for the lack of good internet and access to computer hardware.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

"Wake up sheeple!"

"Yikes, I was fooled!"

L0L The irony of a sheeple calling others sheeple. Kalifornia rocks. :D

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

So, Trump signed EO that forbids kids to be separated from criminal parents. Which means kids will be detained in adult facilities with criminals.

Great work Dems a real success...

If they are seeking asylum, they're not criminals. Also are they detaining them in super maxes or something?

Maybe Cruz was on to something with expediting the processing via immigration judges.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Can't, I'm Cuban

I honestly would feel terrible about that, as much as the government pained me I would loathe to see a single building that stood the test of time and has so much history be torn down for another ****ing McDonalds.
It's not going to be a single building, it's gonna be every building. Cuba will end up a giant shopping mall with every bit of history wiped away to make way for fast food and retail stores.

Im going to try to KISS this, and I definitely WILL NOT incorporate any song lyrics from 1982, that just capsizes the entire ship. Everyone realizes that these particular immigrants, and their children, are illegal immigrants? These are not the immigrants that are entering via the immigration ports and are doing things the right way, these are the immigrants that are caught sneaking across the border. Imo suddenly claiming ignorance of 200+ years old laws, or screaming "ASYLYM" when the border patrol rolls up, doesn't count.

someone again have problem to differ illegal immigrants with refugees

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

It's not going to be a single building, it's gonna be every building. Cuba will end up a giant shopping mall with every bit of history wiped away to make way for fast food and retail stores.

Could end up like it is in the UK where the McDonalds is in a 300+ year old building that was once a pub.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Im going to try to KISS this, and I definitely WILL NOT incorporate any song lyrics from 1982, that just capsizes the entire ship. Everyone realizes that these particular immigrants, and their children, are illegal immigrants? These are not the immigrants that are entering via the immigration ports and are doing things the right way, these are the immigrants that are caught sneaking across the border. Imo suddenly claiming ignorance of 200+ years old laws, or screaming "ASYLYM" when the border patrol rolls up, doesn't count.

Haven't heard anyone argue to just let people in the country or if they are even sneaking in all cases, but the US does have an asylum process that requires you to be physically be in the US, if I recall. So this situation must exist, they have to process these people and the DOJ has a long backlog either by volume or just design. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Fast food in America has a corrupting nature to it. It changes the dynamic of low-income people with food. As an American it astounds me to see how vibrant the food community of poor regions of the world are, or even if immigrant communities in the US. But same can not be said about America's poor. As communities disperse, people stop living when they are poor and instead start step onto the endless hustle, where easy access fast-food becomes a habit. I feel sorry for countries that have to share the export of American fast-food.

Haven't heard anyone argue to just let people in the country or if they are even sneaking in all cases, but the US does have an asylum process that requires you to be physically be in the US, if I recall. So this situation must exist, they have to process these people and the DOJ has a long backlog either by volume or just design.

Obtaining Asylum in the United States.

Huh, you're right. I wonder why 100% of illegal immigrants don't pull this? Its the perfect scam to gum up the process and buy yourself time while your case work its way through the system.

I guess the illegals don't want to be tracked by the system in the first place out of fear that they will get you later

As has been pointed out by a lot of outlets, the practice of separating families is not a new one, but the scale is.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/migrant-children-at-the-border-by-the-numbers/ 

Also, this was an interesting article about the different 'options' people trying to immigrate have: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/19/world/americas/mexico-family-separation-immigration.html?action=click&module=RelatedCoverage&pgtype=Article&region=Footer

Edited by Hurlshot

Obtaining Asylum in the United States.

Huh, you're right. I wonder why 100% of illegal immigrants don't pull this? Its the perfect scam to gum up the process and buy yourself time while your case work its way through the system.

it does gum up the works.  the backlog is such that in a few districts the time between start o' the process and resolution may take more than five years. years? yes, years. this were a no-win situation from the start.  end catch-and-release when you already have multi year backlogs were gonna lead to more or less backlog? 

'course the wall is a stoopid solution.  end catch-and-release were stoopid.  the administration lies is stoopid.  even so, am gonna admit it is possible we needed a chief executive stoopid enough to bring 'bout changes regarding immigration.  Congress rare is motivated to address problems unless they is crisis level events and issues.  illegal immigration has been a mess for decades and neither party has achieved much in the way o' positive change.  

and no, this ain't some kinda example o' trump's genius plans which his supporters see in every move he makes.  trump were facing a full-on mutiny from his party regarding the separation issue, and the senate had unanimously chosen to reject trump's suspect zte deal; the president were having a very bad week both in the press and on the hill.  that said, am gonna concede we believe/hope trump bumbling will result in a positive net gains for illegal immigration.  as big a topic as illegal immigration has been for years, it ain't been big enough to receive more than token attention from Congress and Presidents. trump, unintentional, created the kinda crisis level event which might result in real change.

that said, the asylum process is a mess and is integral linked to the illegal immigration issue.  years of backlog. the immigration court backlog nationwide is +600,000 with many o' such cases being asylum seekers.  this were a crisis before trump.  policies which created the underlying problem existed before trump.  blame trump for the mess is unfair, but is no question trump has handled the situation poorly.  odd, but am just hoping trump handled situation bad enough to get real change.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So, Trump signed EO that forbids kids to be separated from criminal parents. Which means kids will be detained in adult facilities with criminals.

Great work Dems a real success...

If they are seeking asylum, they're not criminals. Also are they detaining them in super maxes or something?

Maybe Cruz was on to something with expediting the processing via immigration judges.

Asylum seekers are not separated. Only the criminals (second time attempt, smuggling, cartels etc.) are being held in incarceration and their kids in separate care.

Are a lot of claims they are doing it to asylum seekers.  Certainly is believable US law enforcement is lazy enough for that.