Politics Thread - Ka-tet of 19

Blarghagh

Interesting article. The more the Dems & Media criticize Trump the more his supporters support him. They are literally galvanizing their opposition. Another example of the political tribalism that has taken hold in these parts. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/23/us/politics/republican-voters-trump.html

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

@raithe: Shouldn't the fear be that they're way more competent than stormtroopers who couldn't even hit the side of a barn? heh

Interesting article. The more the Dems & Media criticize Trump the more his supporters support him. They are literally galvanizing their opposition. Another example of the political tribalism that has taken hold in these parts. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/23/us/politics/republican-voters-trump.html

Not surprising given psychological studies.

There's also this, Trump wanted to go and use Executive orders to pass immigration reform as part of a bill WaPo article with a bit more filled in detail than The Hill, but advisers and staff told him that he can't do it unilaterally by fiat via Executive order.

However, the irony here is that, didn't Obama do exactly that with DACA? I'm pretty sure Obama went down that route (though it wasn't alongside legislation as Trump's idea was) of changing immigration laws via Executive Order, but Trump's idea was to go even further than Obama ever did.

Edited by smjjames

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gun-industry-sees-banks-threat-2nd-amendment-130134288.html

Bank of America is 100% free to do business with any company it chooses to. Or not.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't believe banks should be in the business of making this kind of moral decision. If someone is selling a/buying a legal product the banks should suck it up.  Aren't the banks also backed up by the gov't in many ways?  Still, between the whole cake mess, kicking out people you disagree with politicly, and a whole bunch of other nosense, this is silly, hilarious, and sad.  What si rghit. What is wrong.  FREEEDOM.................

Though, please don't tell me that all banks are extreme anti gun leftists. I have my doubts about that. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Banks tend to support business that generate a profit and repay their loans. Every time there is some kind of attack on gun rights people go out and buy guns. So, ins the spirit of business and cynicism If I were heavily invested in gun manufacturers I'd be one of the biggest gun control supporters around.   :lol:

Not saying anything like that is happening but would it surprise anyone?

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Also, banks are known 9rightly or wrongtly) to be so morally corrupt and greedy that their practices have led to many people losing their homes, going homeless, spousal abuse, child abuse, suicide, murder, and other nasty stuff. Yet, we're to believe that they are so morally good that some banks' 'anti gun' stance is in any way altruistic. LMAO  I believe there is some political bullying going on. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nothing like a graceless rant after getting fired (for good cause) https://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/celebrities/article212989804.html

Thomas Sowell

Nothing like a graceless rant after getting fired (for good cause) https://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/celebrities/article212989804.html

Why be graceful ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.yahoo.com/news/needs-paint-job-trump-blasts-virginia-restaurant-asking-sarah-sanders-leave-130000156.html

I think this whole scenario is pretty dumb, but the reactions of everyone is just cray cray. The restaurant deserves some terrible yelp reviews and all that. I do not understand why the President of the United States is wasting time talking about the state of their canopies.

I need to repeat that.

I do not understand why the President of the United States is wasting time talking about the state of their canopies.

• Like 1

The tail is wagging the dog

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

You need to be either crazy or a real gambler to invest in stocks today. I got out once it looked like Obama was going to win and never bought back in. Too many factors that have nothing to do with a shares actual value affect it's price.

Thomas Sowell

Both Apple and Toyota are good examples—from either end of the spectrum—that macro-economic and company-specific factors will almost always have much more impact on the fate of a company’s share price than a tweet

Sort of an obvious point to end on, I guess.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Orogun = John McAfee confirmed.

I guess that means in 20 years or so GD can support him in the Libertarian Party primary and hope to finally crack the 5% barrier.
Can't, I'm Cuban
Cuba will have been sold to the United States of Wal-Mart in the AnCap hellscape of 2038.
In 2038 I will be in my early 60s. I can be one of the grizzled NPC contacts that Shadowrun player characters meet and can laugh at the fresh-faced Shadowrunners for being foolhardy and liable to end up in a bodybag. I'm completely cool with this scenario.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You'll be dead long before then due to the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem#Possible_solutions apocalypse.  Well probably not, most likely dead due to a gunshot or emu.

• Like 1

You'll be dead long before then due to the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem#Possible_solutions apocalypse. Well probably not, most likely dead due to a gunshot or emu.

Chris Jericho already saved.us from the Y2K apocalypse, he will save.us from the Y2038 apocalypse.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Its helpful to think further than "Trump is a dodo" :yes:Here's What a Trump Tweet Does to a Company's Share Price.

"Trump is an evil, orange, senile dodo"?

I don't feel like it helps.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You'll be dead long before then due to the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem#Possible_solutions apocalypse. Well probably not, most likely dead due to a gunshot or emu.

Chris Jericho already saved.us from the Y2K apocalypse, he will save.us from the Y2038 apocalypse.

For a moment I confused him with Chris Benoit, was wondering if his roid rage was so powerful to resurrect himself :p

What about if someone feels like shaking their fist at the slow, unwitting demise of the US as a global power? Might it help then?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: