RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - VISUAL NOVELS ALLOWED

Looking back on the Prey 2 reveal, I actually don't find it's concept as appealing as I did at the time. I think my mind filled in too many details.

Most of what was impressive was claims and hearsay.

• Like 1

Um.. that assumes Prey 2 wouldn't have been amazing. Not to mention that Prey reboot would've still been amazing just with a different title..

Atleast Prey 2 looked amazing on paper, if they could've delivered the game that was promised. The prey reboot doesn't look to be worth to purchase even on a sale.

You're crazy. The Prey reboot is amazing.

• Like 1

This.. looks super weird.

From the peeps who made Asheron's Call and Star Trek Online.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The prey reboot doesn't look to be worth to purchase even on a sale.

It's System Shock 3 in all but name, and it certainly matches (and surpasses) SS games in many aspects. Can't really get much better than that.

Gotta give Prey reboot another go, maybe this time on easy.

Couldn't stand combat on my first playthrough either, I'm loving it now tho. Turned out I was just doing things wrong. Remember, killing everything is not the goal of the game, especially in areas you've already explored - and avoiding opponents is actually really easy. And for every situation where you point a gun at a baddie and shoot said baddie, there's an alternate solution which is way faster and easier. The direct combat is difficult (and annoying) to make sure you understand that direct combat is a waste of time and resources, for the most part. Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 3

I really like to try the new Prey game, but somehow I can't be arsed to actually buy and play it for real. I dunno why that is. In general I like these kind of games (Deus Ex, Bloodlines, Dishonored, whatever), but somehow the trailers and stuff for Prey don't really speak to me.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Bethesda is actually a bit better now than they've ever been... Look at what they've given us:

1. Finally a Doom that isn't retro (and doesn't suck)

2. Finally a Wolfenstein that doesn't suck

3. Wolfy 2 The New Colussus

4. The Evil Within

5. The Evil Within 2

6. Dishonored

7. Dishonored 2

8. Prey

And soon Rage 2.

Every single one of those games you listed, while published by Bethesda, were NOT developed by Bethesda.  There needs to be a distinction between Bethesda the publisher and Bethesda the developer.  Bethesda the publisher (and their parent company ZeniMax), while engaging in some...  questionable business practices, has published quite a few good and great games recently.  Bethesda the developer hasn't produced a truly good game since 2007 IMHO.

ROFL what a list. The last doom was retro to the core. RTCW was always the best wolfenstein, nothing changed.  Man that guy has no idea as always.

And what did Bethesda  Game Studios make in 2007? An expansion pack for Oblivion?

• Like 3

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I really like to try the new Prey game, but somehow I can't be arsed to actually buy and play it for real. I dunno why that is. In general I like these kind of games (Deus Ex, Bloodlines, Dishonored, whatever), but somehow the trailers and stuff for Prey don't really speak to me.

Because it's a really difficult game to showcase in a trailer. There's a demo on Steam - which isn't really entirely representative either for multiple reasons, but it's a ton better than a trailer and at least there's a safe bet that if you like the demo (which covers beginning of the game and ends just as the game opens up, which is where the real meat of Prey starts), you'll like what the rest of the game has to offer a ton more.

It's really difficult to put stuff like "Oh crap, power's cut in the room. Wait, there's a sparkling relay in the opened panelling in the wall... Maybe if I backtrack a bit, find the relay that I noticed in the maintenance closet and plug it it, power'll go back up? ... Oh cool, that worked!" into a trailer. Showcasing mechanics-driven stuff is generally really hard without being able to directly toy around with it, and Prey's utilitarian art style doesn't have much of a wow effect until you get immersed in the game.

An expansion pack for Oblivion?

... Shivering Isles happened to be really good, actually. They did have their hands full with Horse Armor before that tho, so ...Eh. Edited by Fenixp

ROFL what a list. The last doom was retro to the core. RTCW was always the best wolfenstein, nothing changed. Man that guy has no idea as always.

And what did Bethesda Game Studios make in 2007? An expansion pack for Oblivion?

Why? Because my opinion differs from your opinion? I can give you a list of reasons why Return To Castle Wolfenstein doesn't hold a candle stick to the newer ones but you wouldn't lend an ear like an adult to consider those reasons anyway. So I'll spare myself the energy.

Unless you're talking about the multiplayer, Return To Castle Wolfenstein is pretty horrible. I mean, it was okay back then... It's aged horribly if we're being honest.

The newest Doom certainly isn't retro or retro like, unless you consider being "retro" as keeping the main character and enemies but changing/updating everything else to fit today's standards and players concept of mechanics. Or maybe you're saying it's retro because it's fast paced room to room gameplay which is the opposite if slow moving Doom III. Who knows at this point.

But sure, as always, I have no idea what I'm talking about :p

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein was awesome back in the days. We played the hell out of it. Ok, I was never much a fan of all the demon stuff, but other than that it was awesome.

I'm liking the new Wolfenstein as well. It's different but good enough to stand on its own. On the other hand, I didn't really liked the latest title, because it felt waaay too short and introduced these stupid grindy elements where you replay maps with slightly changed goals, etc. Also I thought the general gunplay / gameplay was worse.

The Old Blood was really good, imo.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

ROFL what a list. The last doom was retro to the core. RTCW was always the best wolfenstein, nothing changed. Man that guy has no idea as always.

And what did Bethesda Game Studios make in 2007? An expansion pack for Oblivion?

Why? Because my opinion differs from your opinion? I can give you a list of reasons why Return To Castle Wolfenstein doesn't hold a candle stick to the newer ones but you wouldn't lend an ear like an adult to consider those reasons anyway. So I'll spare myself the energy.

Unless you're talking about the multiplayer, Return To Castle Wolfenstein is pretty horrible. I mean, it was okay back then... It's aged horribly if we're being honest.

The newest Doom certainly isn't retro or retro like, unless you consider being "retro" as keeping the main character and enemies but changing/updating everything else to fit today's standards and players concept of mechanics. Or maybe you're saying it's retro because it's fast paced room to room gameplay which is the opposite if slow moving Doom III. Who knows at this point.

But sure, as always, I have no idea what I'm talking about :p

Doom 4 is retro, because it is nothing like Doom 3 ;)

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Um.. that assumes Prey 2 wouldn't have been amazing. Not to mention that Prey reboot would've still been amazing just with a different title..

Very fair point. And although many here like Prey I seem to remember that it didn't sell quite well enough, at least initially so whether we'd get any DLC was up in the air for a very long time (well, until pretty recently, in fact)

The prey reboot doesn't look to be worth to purchase even on a sale.

It's System Shock 3 in all but name, and it certainly matches (and surpasses) SS games in many aspects. Can't really get much better than that.

Gotta give Prey reboot another go, maybe this time on easy.

Couldn't stand combat on my first playthrough either, I'm loving it now tho. Turned out I was just doing things wrong. Remember, killing everything is not the goal of the game, especially in areas you've already explored - and avoiding opponents is actually really easy. And for every situation where you point a gun at a baddie and shoot said baddie, there's an alternate solution which is way faster and easier. The direct combat is difficult (and annoying) to make sure you understand that direct combat is a waste of time and resources, for the most part.

Also I seem to remember hearing killing things results in more hostility from the enemies. Iow, the more pacifist you play the easier it is to stay that way (ofcourse, that's hearsay, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true in subtle ways, tbh, like enemy detection ranges).

There also aren't really any respawns, not in the sense other games have them. (Some) areas do get repopulated after a while though (which kinda makes sense) but never by truly hard enemies and always after some time has passed (so running back and forth through an area doesn't get you fighting the same mooks over and over, whereas returning to an area after hours might result in new enemies having wandered in)

And if you exploit the weaknesses of the enemies you can kill everything quiet handily. I killed every single Typhon I encountered in my first playthrough (except you-know-who), though I'll admit that some were "a bit" more of a pain than others.

Just DO itTM  The game really is great.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

"Re-Legion is Cyberpunk Tyranny meets Nad Max and System Shock..."

Apparently, a Superman game has been trademarked.

I guess we'll see if it will appear at E3.

Let us hope Rocksteady is behind it. @SonicMage your wish might actually come true.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

They're suppose to reveal their new game on Thursday here:

http://live.wbgames.com

• Like 1