RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - VISUAL NOVELS ALLOWED

^ Thank you for the explanation. Judging from the discussion, I'm guessing that it's also the only part that has been released to the public so far?

Nah, the thing you can play at the moment is essentialy a tech demo version of the multiplayer part - assuming you have a lot of horsepower under your desk. Not that long ago an update made the game almost unplayable even on very high end computers.

Oh, huh. Thanks for the clarification.

Quite an anomaly of a game.

Well since you said you're not following the game, here's the real kicker. Chris Roberts managed to raise a crowdfunded total sum of roughly 180 million dollars for the game so far and there's no end in sight in terms of money coming in.

I'm pretty sure that the Jehova's Witnesses are currently working on a space sim. ;)

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

:wacko:

Meanwhile, Feargus Urquhart is on record saying that the only way to crowdfund a game above the 4 million USD (iirc) mark is to make a board game instead.

Jesus. That’s a lot of money.

Edited by Skazz

:wacko:

Meanwhile, Feargus Urquhart is on record saying that the only way to crowdfund a game above the 4 million USD (iirc) mark is to make a board game instead.

Jesus. That’s a lot of money.

I daresay there's a bit of a difference between funding "a game" and trying a new concept like Star Citizen (well, the concept isn't new, but actually trying to build it clearly is). Of course the reason something like Star Citizen has never been tried is because of the massive investments needed coupled with the risk of threading new ground. Few companies have the clout to pull it off, and as usual, those that *could* won't because they'd rather produce the same game over and over again instead of risking burning themselves trying something new.

As long as Chris Roberts manages to produce enough of what he's promised at a somewhat acceptable quality level he is likely to win big (and given how the game is basically playable I wouldn't say he is that far off). Then we might also see the likes of EA trying to copy the concept (and simplify it for the masses) as then it's proven to be working (and in demand), "borrowing" the lessons learned from Star Citizen while throwing much bigger budgets at it.

Plenty of people celebrate another's death. See Thatcher, for example. Not always undeservedly so, if you live your life like an utter **** don't be surprised when people cheer.

Speaking of which, wouldn't be gaming these days without some moronic drama - some EA wage slave posted this https://archive.li/UuEJw and apparently people get upset.  Think some other ex-Bioware worker made some comments as well and Hudson had to come out and deal with that, heh.   More proof that Twitter is evil :p

Emotion - the great tard equalizer of all. Personally, I find it a bit creepy when people celebrate the death of anyone, deservedly so or not.

• Like 1

Well, it must be frustrating that a guy you hate and consider toxic scum did more for developers, journalistic integrity and humanitarian causes than you. I'd lash out too if I was confronted with my own horrific failure like that. Almost everybody celebrating this that I've seen were people who are always so repellent that they antagonize people against and actively hurt their own causes. Attacking bigger and better things is the only way to stay relevant for most, getting their hooks into any kind of publicity.

The worst part for me is that the "Cynical Fleet" will arrive and actually validate these guys with harassment. That's not what TB would have wanted and he always hated that part of his fanbase (and would often openly insult them in his twitch chat) but the internet will internet and I'm sure people will use that as a way to go "see? I told you he was bad".

EDIT: Not why I opened this thread - PUBG devs have now officially sued Fortnite devs for "copyright infringement", despite the fact that PUBG objectively and factually contained not a single original idea or piece of content. Anyone have the contact info for the PUBG devs? I have a bridge I'd like to sell them. :lol:

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 6

An Ars Technica article, debunking some of the ESRB bull****, that lootboxes aren't gambling.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/05/op-ed-game-companies-need-to-cut-the-crap-loot-boxes-are-obviously-gambling/

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Attacking bigger and better things is the only way to stay relevant for most, getting their hooks into any kind of publicity.

I think I need to tell myself this more often.

I get depressed by stuff like that way too easily.

Plenty of people celebrate another's death. See Thatcher, for example. Not always undeservedly so, if you live your life like an utter **** don't be surprised when people cheer.

Speaking of which, wouldn't be gaming these days without some moronic drama - some EA wage slave posted this https://archive.li/UuEJw and apparently people get upset. Think some other ex-Bioware worker made some comments as well and Hudson had to come out and deal with that, heh. More proof that Twitter is evil :p

Emotion - the great tard equalizer of all. Personally, I find it a bit creepy when people celebrate the death of anyone, deservedly so or not.

What's creepy? Everyone has a special person or two they wouldn't mind ending up in a ditch.

Still, silly to put such things to writing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Somehow I've lost all interest in fighting games. I used to play a hell of a lot of Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct way back when but that is so far in the past it seems like a lifetime ago. :(

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

that just sux, sorry Obs

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Meh, I no longer have any interest in any Fallout. Even if Obsidian was involved. But that's cool and I hope it's not another poorly made VR Fallout lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

So we're getting a new Fallout before a new Elder Scrolls game? Weird.

Then again, Fallout 4 (even though I'm spending a lot of time with it) is a massive trainwreck, there's very little I can think of that isn't broken in some major way (shooting mechanics, and even there the AI cheats, unless dodging bullets from an undetected enemy counts as "normal" behaviour)

Then again, Fallout 4 (even though I'm spending a lot of time with it) is a massive trainwreck, there's very little I can think of that isn't broken in some major way (shooting mechanics, and even there the AI cheats, unless dodging bullets from an undetected enemy counts as "normal" behaviour)

Honestly, if you're spending a lot of time on Fallout 4, it probably did a lot of stuff right as well.

• Like 1

Honestly, if you're spending a lot of time on Fallout 4, it probably did a lot of stuff right as well.
I enjoy FO4 more than FO3 and New Vegas, but enjoy Borderlands 2 and Mad Max game more than any Fallout game. It's not even that I'm looking for action or shooting, I just wanted atmosphere.

Avalnche's Mad Max seems to be a perfect balance of rpg, a great map, cars, action, exploration and shooting without the poor writing found in any Fallout game.

Borderlands 2 on the other hand is an amazing rpg with a super linear story which is well thought out, addicitng gameplay and freedoms.

I think Fallout games do the post-apocalyptic thing very poorly and I think this because they overthink such things and try to mix too many things into a blender. The finished product is a messy... mess. I guess I like games that are more focused.

But yes, I did like Fallout 4 more than the other Fallout games. The structural building is a shame though and the crafting is unnecessarily awful as crafting tends to be in most rpg's anyway lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I enjoy FO4 more than FO3 and New Vegas, but enjoy Borderlands 2 and Mad Max game more than any Fallout game. It's not even that I'm looking for action or shooting, I just wanted atmosphere.

Avalnche's Mad Max seems to be a perfect balance of rpg, a great map, cars, action, exploration and shooting without the poor writing found in any Fallout game.

Borderlands 2 on the other hand is an amazing rpg with a super linear story which is well thought out, addicitng gameplay and freedoms.

I think Fallout games do the post-apocalyptic thing very poorly and I think this because they overthink such things and try to mix too many things into a blender. The finished product is a messy... mess. I guess I like games that are more focused.

But yes, I did like Fallout 4 more than the other Fallout games. The structural building is a shame though and the crafting is unnecessarily awful as crafting tends to be in most rpg's anyway lol

Cool.

You'll probably like Rage 2 since that's being worked on by both Id and Avalanche.