Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
501 replies to this topic

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2327 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Has anyone played or heard anything about WH40K Sanctus Reach? Considering getting it but trying to get the scoop on it first

PS do you guys run any other mods with XCOM2 or just Long War 2? Reinstalling that now

Edited by ShadySands, 19 January 2017 - 09:36 PM.

Katphood

Katphood

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I might pick up Yakuza 0 later on, seems to be a decent game and the perfect place to start the series.

Vaeliorin

Vaeliorin

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

PS do you guys run any other mods with XCOM2 or just Long War 2? Reinstalling that now

I'm running Gotcha (Flank Preview), Additional Icons (with the loot icons turned off), Perfect Information, CapnBub's, and UIKillCounter along with Long War 2.

There are things I like about Long War 2 and things I really, really hate. The changes to the attack formula are so annoying (a 113% shot shouldn't give me -3% to crit because the hit chance is "too low" and it shouldn't freaking graze.) I hate some of the new sidearms (my gunner definitely is gonna use that knife a lot...), but love some of the other ones (Arc Thrower ftw.) I don't get the Holotargeter at all (am I really gonna want to give up my sniper's attack for a 10% bonus to hit that often?) unless you take the free action every 4 turns perk, which means you have to skip Snapshot (and given the Squadsight penalties in XCOM2, I much prefer a Snapshot sniper.)

Also, I'd kind of like to punch whoever decided rocket scatter should be a thing in the face. My one use per mission item/ability shouldn't cause more harm than good when I use it (I may be bitter that the first time I used it, instead of hitting the 3 Advent I was aiming at, it blew up the building containing the people I was trying to rescue and killed one of them.)

Kind of hoping there's an ini setting to turn off the rainbow colored ability bar, as well.

There seem to be a lot of good things, too. The Geoscape seems interesting, though I'll have to see more of it to know for sure. I like the Infiltration mechanic, and some of the new missions I've encountered (it was kind of cool to do a mission without a shot fired. Never broke cover until I hacked the cell doors of some resistance folks, and a turn later we were on the Skyranger...although I may have accidentally thrown a grenade while trying to evac...) It definitely feels more like a Resistance/Guerilla War now, and funding seems hard to come by (no more having almost a hundred trooper corpses by the time the Black Market opens :( ) Definitely looking forward to playing more of it (and hoping some more mods get updated with compatibility...I really miss True Concealment.)
  • ShadySands likes this

melkathi

melkathi

Teddy Bear Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2937 posts
  • Steam:melkathi
  • Kickstarter Backer
Bah, just install the nude mod and be done with it :p

Edited by melkathi, 20 January 2017 - 09:22 AM.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2976 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Kickstarter Backer

I might pick up Yakuza 0 later on, seems to be a decent game and the perfect place to start the series.

Prepurchased today :-P I really loved Yakuza 4, but still hating Sega for making Yakuza 5 digital download only in EU :'(

Edited by Mamoulian War, 20 January 2017 - 09:42 AM.

• Katphood likes this

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2786 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Nioh demo is more brutal than i remember.  And i like it.  :S

• SadExchange likes this

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2327 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

XCOM 2 but I've already had a handful of crashes in just a couple of missions

SadExchange

SadExchange

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 781 posts
I'm enjoying it as well. Love the loot that drops constantly. Makes me constantly want to battle more reverent or whatever they're called for more possibilities. Also love the weapons.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4454 posts

Is there an Xcom2 mod which replaces the sparks with the mechs from the previous game. 

melkathi

melkathi

Teddy Bear Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2937 posts
  • Steam:melkathi
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm enjoying it as well. Love the loot that drops constantly. Makes me constantly want to battle more reverent or whatever they're called for more possibilities. Also love the weapons.

Advent

SadExchange

SadExchange

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 781 posts

Yup. This is me quoting myself because I realized the next morning I didn't quote the person who I was playing the same game as so people would know what I was as talking about. Well it would be Nioh.

I like the dark souls series and Bloodborne as well but am nowhere near as good as some on this site however I'm really enjoying the combat in Nioh and partly because how much is going on with equipment, weapons, skills, stats, etc. Been enjoying this latest demo and am close to taking on the boss with some decent equipment.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10517 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer
Game hopping.

Read Only Memories 2064. A very dialogue heavy adventure game. I haven't even seen a puzzle so far. Just go to a place, click everything until you find the right thing, at which point they talk a lot and you move to the next scene. It's actually pretty good and the voice acting is excellent. But it's not grabbing me yet.

Evoland II. Barely started it and have already seen three different styles. I wasn't too impressed with Evoland I so I'm keeping my expectations in check.

Earthworm Jim 1 and 2. Earthworm Jim has sound problems for me to figure out. The music is fine, but the sound effects are mute. 2 does not have this problem.

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6669 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock

I'm murdering my way through my bloodbath playthrough of DX:MD, mostly as a way of wasting time until the PC port of Disgaea 2 comes out in about a week.  This is my second run through DX:MD, the first was a pacifist run, and it's not really serious.  I don't want to start any serious playthrough now so that I can dive headlong into Disgaea 2 once it's out.

• Katphood likes this

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6876 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer
Grinding through D3.

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1416 posts
  • Steam:Ask!
accidental post

Edited by Bartimaeus, 21 January 2017 - 06:39 PM.

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 974 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Is it known if there going to be expansion to XCOM 2? I think I have waited long enough for it to come so I can finally buy complete game....

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8497 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer

Is it known if there going to be expansion to XCOM 2? I think I have waited long enough for it to come so I can finally buy complete game....

Nothing has been announced, although the way they are marketing Long War 2, it almost seems like that IS the expansion.

As for buying the complete game, the game is massive, buy it and enjoy. I'm having a blast on my second playthrough and experiencing quite a few new things.

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 974 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Nothing has been announced, although the way they are marketing Long War 2, it almost seems like that IS the expansion.

As for buying the complete game, the game is massive, buy it and enjoy. I'm having a blast on my second playthrough and experiencing quite a few new things.

I don't want to end up like last time when I was in last mission when Enemy Within (or however that expansion was named) come out and I literally can't force myself to complete it :/

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8497 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer
Enemy Within totally changed the experience, so I am not sure why you wouldnt just play through it twice.
  • Deadly_Nightshade likes this

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10517 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer
Do you guys like Enemy Within? I tried playing it over the weekend and I don't know if I'm just sick, but I was freaking awful at it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users