The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]

Rosbjerg

Those screenshots are rather impressive. Not particularly thrilled about playing Ciri, but as an introduction one supposes her inclusion is fairly mandatory, there's nothing like a playable role to build empathy and interest if presented properly. I do hope her voice actress (and Yens) is up to stuff.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

She looks a bit like Geralt.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Cool, young Ciri at Kaer Morhen.  It would be pretty sweet if we got to play through some of her witcher training, maybe even her sorceress training.

Should be the tutorial section of the game, give us background to who Ciri is, who Geralt and The Witchers are, and the game mechanics. Would be a perfect tutorial.

• Like 3

Cool, young Ciri at Kaer Morhen.  It would be pretty sweet if we got to play through some of her witcher training, maybe even her sorceress training.

Should be the tutorial section of the game, give us background to who Ciri is, who Geralt and The Witchers are, and the game mechanics. Would be a perfect tutorial.

I fully approve of this idea.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I just saw the news about the pushing back of the release date.  That really, really sucks.  I was spacing my games out so it would work perfectly that nothing would be on the horizon for the Witcher's original February release.

Hopefully the wait is worth it.

On the flip side, those images look outstanding.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I just saw the news about the pushing back of the release date.  That really, really sucks.  I was spacing my games out so it would work perfectly that nothing would be on the horizon for the Witcher's original February release.

Hopefully the wait is worth it.

On the flip side, those images look outstanding.

I'm glad it's been pushed, won't clash with Pillars now :p

• 2 weeks later...

http://thewitcher.com/news/view/927

Minimum System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz

AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940

Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660

AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870

RAM 6GB

OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)

DirectX 11

HDD Space 40 GB

Recommended System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz

AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz

Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770

AMD GPU Radeon R9 290

RAM 8GB

DirectX 11

HDD Space 40 GB

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think I'll pass on this after all. I was on the fence but I already don't like being locked into playing a specific set character and I like playing multiple set characters even less :/ 

After quite some dithering, I've come to this conclusion as well, and for the very same reason. Also, I have so many games to play as things are right now, anyways. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

http://thewitcher.com/news/view/927

Minimum System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz

AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940

Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660

AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870

RAM 6GB

DirectX 11

HDD Space 40 GB

Recommended System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz

AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz

Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770

AMD GPU Radeon R9 290

RAM 8GB

DirectX 11

HDD Space 40 GB

Similar requirements to Assassins Creed Unity.

Not a good sign.

That reads pretty high for what consoles can handle. Unless console versions will look drastically worse.

Keep in mind that console versions are usually much better optimized, since they're optimizing for a single hardware spec (per console) as opposed to hundreds of different hardware configurations for PC, allowing the devs to get a lot more specific with console optimizations.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That reads pretty high for what consoles can handle. Unless console versions will look drastically worse.

Is it?

A PS4 uses what is basically a modified 7870 and has 8gb of ram total. Which is exactly what the minimum requirements are. The only thing that's more powerful than the consoles is the processor.

I'm truly shocked that there people who have decided to not play W3, guys this is one of the MOST anticipated fantasy RPG we have ever seen. Its going to be bigger than Skyrim...imagine how exciting it's going to be exploring that land   :dancing:  :dancing:

I beg you to reconsider any decision to not play this game 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

i-Gj9DGH2-1050x10000.jpg

• Like 3

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Pretty sure it will run on my rig too, with a new graphic card (which I want to buy anyway as soon as the game comes out). It might not be Ultra-Settings, but that doesn't bother me much. The game most likely still looks good.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

...Well, no Witcher 3 for me, I guess.

Seriously, with the kickstarter-induced old-school RPG renaissance craze going on, I don't feel compelled at all to buy a new PC in order to be able to play the newest AAA games.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."