What are you playing now?

Just finished Spec Ops: the Line; I think I might have developed fictional PTSD from playing this game. Remember all those complaints about "realistic shooters" not showing the real side of war. Well this game just delves right into it, it stands pretty well as a story but the playable sections elevate the emotion.

I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys third person shooters and Apocalypse Now.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Still playing NWN 2 with a little Divinity 2: DKS on the side.

Despite some issues, I'm enjoying NWN 2 more than I did the last time I played. Never played the expansions, so when the OC is done, I'll move on to MotB and then SoZ.

Just finished Spec Ops: the Line; I think I might have developed fictional PTSD from playing this game. Remember all those complaints about "realistic shooters" not showing the real side of war. Well this game just delves right into it, it stands pretty well as a story but the playable sections elevate the emotion.

I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys third person shooters and Apocalypse Now.

I keep hearing good things about this. But am unwilling to plop down $50 for a modern shooter. C'mon Steam sale.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished Max Payne 3 singleplayer campaign. Excellent game.

MP3 shows how third-person shooters are done right.

orson_welles_clap.gif

LMFAO! Seriously! OMFG.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I keep hearing good things about this. But am unwilling to plop down $50 for a modern shooter. C'mon Steam sale.

http://cdkeysdiscount.com/

~20

LMFAO! Seriously! OMFG.

What's wrong with this guy?

Hey you had fun! Great, but allow me to laugh at you for having fun with a sticky pile of poo.

• Like 1

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Don't cheat Gabe and Rockstar out of their moneys, man.

I gave Rockstar my full moniez.

Spec Ops? Not worth full price.

It seems that this game might be more of a sleeper hit.

Bit of trivia, Rockstar Vancouver was working on a Spec Ops game before the project got canned.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I love Space Marine. And the multiplayer was a blast while it was populated.

I remember it getting fairly indifferent scores which are, IMO, unfair. It's a great FPS, full of character and it looks great too.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Yeah, but the singleplayer became a bit tiring to the end. I was happy when I finished it, because you are pretty much only doing the same over and over again.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Great, but allow me to laugh at you for having fun with a sticky pile of poo.

Are you being paid by your EA masters to propagate such hate drivel?

R* games has always delivered high-quality games, some may not fit your personal taste, but they always found huge audiences and commercial success. Unlike, say, EA, which steps from one pile of poo into another....They probably just don't like competition, huh?

What's your problem with Max Payne 3?

Reports are that Amazon will have it (Spec Ops) for 50% off starting Sunday. I might grab it then.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, but the singleplayer became a bit tiring to the end. I was happy when I finished it, because you are pretty much only doing the same over and over again.

That's not entirely true, to be honest. Yes, it's a combat romp from start to finish, but enemies, situations, and to a degree, weapons too are pretty varied. Ork boyz who swarm you, the rocket guys with the semi-random rocket paths, Nobz charging at you, being mini bosses, teleporting Bloodletters, cover-using traitor Guardsmen, etc.

Played some Spec Ops: The Line. Definitely like it. Some very beautiful environments, and it's definitely heavy on story. That is, not some dumbass terrorists must die story. It's not a "Hurray 'merica **** yeah" Army recruiting game either, since it was developed by a German team, that was (hopefully) a given. That's a relieve. Gamplay is the standard cover-based shooter fanfare though. Nothing wrong with that since the game doesn't try to excel in that department. Definitely worth the 20

I really liked Spec Ops. At first the controls are a bit awkward but you get used to them. The story is definitely the strongest thing about the game. It's dark, but not in a "I'm such a badass mofo hell yeah!" way and makes you think about mindless violence and how it's treated in other games. Even though you could poke it full of logical holes if that's your thing it's still gripping from beginning to end.

Moving on to Runaway 2, probably a poor decision but I've yet to get burned on purchases this year.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Secret World - Different than most of the MMO's coming out today. It has some really nice things, but also some rough edges. I will give it a month and see how it goes.

Man, I'm really addicted to MMO's.