Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What you did today

the never ending thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
501 replies to this topic

Fionavar

Fionavar

Community Manager

• Global Moderators
  • 10746 posts
Went for a 5 hour walk around a lake - pretty wonderful, sunny prairie CAN day!

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9414 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

treating me more like a "person who exists in the area" rather than "friend"

That's how it goes. Hang out with someone for a while, then they get a SO and disappear.

I'm not sure whether the behavior is characteristic more of the early stage of relationships or if it's just relationships for young people. But it seems there's a stage where people forget all other relationships than the ones involving sex. Then they eventually get over it. This may take a long time.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8210 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Got drunk off my ass to the point that I decided to go for two walks... One was short, the other was nearly a mile and a half... Barefoot.

Now feeling like I am going to throw up and my feet hurt, and are discolored from the pavement

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3911 posts
Take it easy on yourself Calax, punishing your body to discipline your mind is generally not the way to go. At least not for the wrong reasons.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7551 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I sneezed a lot. Then coughed. Then I sneezed some more. Then I went around pinching my nostrils shut so I wouldn't breathe thru them and trigger more sneezing. Then I left the store and went home, where things have only improved a little bit and I lay around trying to keep post-nasal drip from congesting my lungs like last year.

Apparently some people are allergic to avocado trees (bark, leaves, flowers). I have no idea if I am one of those people or not, but if so, that would suck since there's that giant one in our backyard. I am surrounded by allergens and the only slight relief I get is sitting in this room with the AC filtering/recyling the air a bit. The first year in this house wasn't too bad but gets worse each year and stuff like Claritin hardly makes a dent. May be time to start getting actual allergy shots or something. Sigh.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3506 posts
Don't use any of those over the counter nasal sprays. Get one of these ridiculous looking things instead. They will actually alleviate the problem rather than excaserbate it.

Posted Image

The idea is that you flush warm salt water from one nostril through to the other, I can attest that it actually works.

Edited by Gorgon, 14 May 2012 - 02:29 PM.

• Nepenthe likes this

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3550 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I doubt I could pull that off without violently spraying water everywhere.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2672 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
And you have to use the right water.

if you just use tap water.. it's a good chance of increasing infection catching..

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9733 posts
I'm sure the guy who designed those things have some Freudian issues...

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2672 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I believe they're.. Tibetan originally.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7551 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Ah, neti pots. Never tried one officially, but have tried the concept of water up the nose a ways to flush the nasal passages. But outside of sneezing fits, I rarely have serious frontal nasal congestion...(edit: well, they swell a little, but no snot-congestion) it's more in the back, like a blockage/pressure near the throat/windpipe with a constant backdrip. Do neti pots get that far back?

Edited by LadyCrimson, 14 May 2012 - 04:51 PM.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7093 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm getting the same thing LC. It doesn't helped that the wind has picked up.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4493 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Don't use any of those over the counter nasal sprays. Get one of these ridiculous looking things instead. They will actually alleviate the problem rather than excaserbate it.

The idea is that you flush warm salt water from one nostril through to the other, I can attest that it actually works.

As can I. I have really dry membranes so can't use it regularly, only when I'm fighting a sinus infection, but my mother's a daily user, never gets sick, tough old bird.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5617 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Been a rash of similar across the pond, here. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the rise of children showing whooping cough symptoms. One suggestion is 'storm asthma' caused by the heavy rains we've been having, but that wouldn't explain yours.

:skeptical:

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2833 posts

Got drunk off my ass to the point that I decided to go for two walks... One was short, the other was nearly a mile and a half... Barefoot.

Now feeling like I am going to throw up and my feet hurt, and are discolored from the pavement

You are one strange drunk.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5202 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
All drunks are strange drunks. Only one I enjoyed being around was a coworker, started weeping and asking why I don't like him, that was fun - shame I didn't have a video camera though.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5617 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
House security upgrades are complete.

It feels... worthwhile.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7551 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I watched a lot of D3 videos and Ustreams while snuffling into a snotrag.
I also found amusement in my very needy and tall black cat (he gets soooo lonely when left alone for more than a few hours), who has now developed a habit of standing up to "hug" my hip/waist whenever I come out of my office room. I swear he's a dog.

Oddly, while I am allergic to cats, it's largely via skin reaction (itchy welts). They don't bother my nose too much as long as I dust regularly. Luckily.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Backer
Went fishing for catfish last night. Just got home. Drinking coffee and getting ready for scambled eggs and fried catfish.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3506 posts
Was going to see Avengers, but I left my credit cards at work. Looking at a wicked replacement for my bike that got stolen. Of course the more wicked the faster it will get stolen as well.

Does anyone know if one of those GPS transponders do any good. Maybe I should get insurance this time, it's just so ludicrously expensive and homeowner's doesn't cover. Well not unless it was stolen from your livingroom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users