What you did today

Tale

Gonna be a long stressful night it seems. My roomie just spent two hours anywhere except her bed (where her boyfriend was sleeping) including on my floor for a bit. Now she's spent the last 50 minutes crying and talking to him about something...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Woke up with a headache, tried to stay in bed, but spent several hours fading in and out of sleep with some bizarre freaky dreams. Gave it up as a bad idea and got up to face the rest of the day.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Gonna be a long stressful night it seems. My roomie just spent two hours anywhere except her bed (where her boyfriend was sleeping) including on my floor for a bit. Now she's spent the last 50 minutes crying and talking to him about something...

Hold on... you have a female roomate with whom you are not involved? I'm making a prediction, and you let me know if it comes true. Sooner or later, boyfriend or no you will end up sleeping with her no matter if you want to or not. It cannot help but happen.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sounds crazy, though, so not worth it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hold on... you have a female roomate with whom you are not involved? I'm making a prediction, and you let me know if it comes true. Sooner or later, boyfriend or no you will end up sleeping with her no matter if you want to or not. It cannot help but happen.

Given her temprament I doubt it. She's very clear that she doesn't sleep with those who she's living with (although this might change)

Besides, she's going back to norway weds.

My best guess for this whole thing is that it has something to do with the boyfriends grades (or rather, lack there of). She views herself as being worth more than a failing student (He's an engineering student... who's failed his last few semesters and is now fighting to stay at the school), and it might be that he's decided to stay back in Chicago to get Community college under his belt (and some "real life" given he's 18/19) and my roomie is debating a breakup last I knew.

Also, suck it United :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Am I wrong for being slightly pissed off that my roommate decided to have her boyfriends stay go from "Just for the weekend" to "Until I leave (on weds)" without even saying anything to me, and overall seems to be treating me more like a "person who exists in the area" rather than "friend"

You're not wrong, but unfortunately, in her mind, boyfriend > you when push comes to shove.

As an Arsenal fan I remain perpetually worried, but it's nice to see someone other than United won.

Yeah, they won due one wonky GK. But the tears from United fans when they lose like that was great. News filtering in after they win their match, hopes dashed etc. :D

Felt like hugging a tree...

Just standing there and wathing this grand old arboreal giant all by itself. It makes you wonder how long it has been stading there, watching world events and time flying by. Since there were no other trees nearby it probably hasn't been hugged for at least a century.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

treating me more like a "person who exists in the area" rather than "friend"
That's how it goes. Hang out with someone for a while, then they get a SO and disappear.

I'm not sure whether the behavior is characteristic more of the early stage of relationships or if it's just relationships for young people. But it seems there's a stage where people forget all other relationships than the ones involving sex. Then they eventually get over it. This may take a long time.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got drunk off my ass to the point that I decided to go for two walks... One was short, the other was nearly a mile and a half... Barefoot.

Now feeling like I am going to throw up and my feet hurt, and are discolored from the pavement

I sneezed a lot. Then coughed. Then I sneezed some more. Then I went around pinching my nostrils shut so I wouldn't breathe thru them and trigger more sneezing. Then I left the store and went home, where things have only improved a little bit and I lay around trying to keep post-nasal drip from congesting my lungs like last year.

Apparently some people are allergic to avocado trees (bark, leaves, flowers). I have no idea if I am one of those people or not, but if so, that would suck since there's that giant one in our backyard. I am surrounded by allergens and the only slight relief I get is sitting in this room with the AC filtering/recyling the air a bit. The first year in this house wasn't too bad but gets worse each year and stuff like Claritin hardly makes a dent. May be time to start getting actual allergy shots or something. Sigh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Don't use any of those over the counter nasal sprays. Get one of these ridiculous looking things instead. They will actually alleviate the problem rather than excaserbate it.

nesehorn.jpg

The idea is that you flush warm salt water from one nostril through to the other, I can attest that it actually works.

Edited by Gorgon
  • Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

And you have to use the right water.

if you just use tap water.. it's a good chance of increasing infection catching..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm sure the guy who designed those things have some Freudian issues...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ah, neti pots. Never tried one officially, but have tried the concept of water up the nose a ways to flush the nasal passages. But outside of sneezing fits, I rarely have serious frontal nasal congestion...(edit: well, they swell a little, but no snot-congestion) it's more in the back, like a blockage/pressure near the throat/windpipe with a constant backdrip. Do neti pots get that far back?

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Don't use any of those over the counter nasal sprays. Get one of these ridiculous looking things instead. They will actually alleviate the problem rather than excaserbate it.

The idea is that you flush warm salt water from one nostril through to the other, I can attest that it actually works.

As can I. I have really dry membranes so can't use it regularly, only when I'm fighting a sinus infection, but my mother's a daily user, never gets sick, tough old bird.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Been a rash of similar across the pond, here. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the rise of children showing whooping cough symptoms. One suggestion is 'storm asthma' caused by the heavy rains we've been having, but that wouldn't explain yours.

:skeptical:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Got drunk off my ass to the point that I decided to go for two walks... One was short, the other was nearly a mile and a half... Barefoot.

Now feeling like I am going to throw up and my feet hurt, and are discolored from the pavement

You are one strange drunk.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif