What you did today

Tale

I probably should cut down on my sugar in coffee, right now I use 2-3 packs of brown sugar and 5%. Today, passing time reading up on organized crime on Wikipedia. Was going to go to the bookstore today, but not sure if the mall is closed - some dude got shot and other people injured over the weekend. Earth shattering moment in Toronto, this.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Playing games all day. Today was Sweden's national (holi))day, so we got the day off. (That's what you call it in English, right?)

Played Tales of Graces f for 3 to 4 hours. I decided to up the difficulty to Hard. The extra challenge was fun, because you need to be more careful during battles. Monsters are no longer a joke (well, some are), and you actually have to think about movement and how you approach the battle in general. Playing on harder difficulty also means better item drops from monsters, more exp and skill points, so it's actually easier if you intend to dualize your own items.

later in the day I played some Mahjong, I find it really relaxing. No need to hurry or anything, just take your mind off of everything and match those bricks.

Then I played Neverwinter Nights 2 for a couple of hours. It's not as dull as I remembered. I still rate it lower than any other Obsidian game, but I don't mind going through it again. I still haven't played the expansions, so I'll start with those once I complete the OC.

Why am I dealing with a PR crisis when we have a department for it?

Edit: Should've whined earlier, my boss took it off my hands. Back to facebook. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Why am I dealing with a PR crisis when we have a department for it?

Edit: Should've whined earlier, my boss took it off my hands. Back to facebook. :p

Because if you show initiative the boss may give you candy, maybe?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

They did. Was about the only good thing about Microsoft's conference.

Everything Bad about that conference was wiped away by ubisofts usage of "Girl Wood".

Need to get new shoes, my feet are killing me at work after 4 hours. And only today I realized that Captain America was the male lead of Not Another Teen Movie.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I show enough initiative in my own work, I don't have to show it in others'.

Which is why I'm no longer working on said event. ;)

4 hours into my 6 1/2-hour layover in Pudong Airport, Shanghai. Currently camping at a 'cafe' with laptop plugged in and running Football Manager, but alas, the seats are leather and my posterior is on fire.

An awful airport, probably on par with every American airport save JFK that I've been on. (Philadelphia, Atlanta, Knoxville, Detroit, LA.)

Just as an aside, do you think it would be fraught with difficulty for a European to land in Seoul and take the train to the coast and the Japan ferry. Is that a straightforward thing to do or is there like a million changes.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I show enough initiative in my own work, I don't have to show it in others'.

Which is why I'm no longer working on said event. ;)

But you don't have candy, do you?
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Just as an aside, do you think it would be fraught with difficulty for a European to land in Seoul and take the train to the coast and the Japan ferry. Is that a straightforward thing to do or is there like a million changes.

You mean.... like to the East coast, then take a ship to Japan? I have no personal experience of such a trip, but that must mean you'd be landing in Incheon, the northwestern tip of South Korea, then traveling to Pusan, the southeastern tip or nearby - the only location from which a ferry of that sort would generally depart.

You can do that in two ways: KTX, the TGV-style high velocity train, which runs without transfers from the middle of Seoul to middle of Pusan for I think just under 50USD, in about 3 hours. You could take a plane, which is about an hour and ~75USD from memory, though I think you take that from Gimpo Airport, the older one within Seoul. In any case, not too onerous. I'd have to assume you're touring through Korea as you do that, though, or you're missing out on a pretty good opportunity to not only see Seoul, but other great places. (Kyungju/Gyeongju, near Pusan, is an obvious one, a treasure-trove of older Korean dynasties.)

Generally in terms of infrastructure, English signage and services, I think you'll be OK, especially if you've ever traveled in non-English speaking countries. Korean workers are generally friendly and helpful and we have some excellent infrastructure. If you need to find some specific things out or have some phrases/words translated I can help you - but I haven't lived in Korea for years so not as much on other things. When would you be doing this?

There are services that will let you do that day to day. You can actually make more than you pay in a month in a week if you let your place out during a convention where the hotels are all full. I get 3 weeks a year same as everyone else. You can get an extended leave for education and qualification courses though, as long as everybody doesn't do it at the same time.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I've seen some shows about that, renting your apt. to convention people and whatnot. Like a temp. hotel service. Assuming your apt. is a place such folk would want to stay in. But...yeah...I don't think I'd like strangers parading through my house. I'd have to have a separate rental unit or something.

Today I woke up early, caught up on chores, have yet more chores/errands, then I'll probably take a nap (because I'm old, or something).

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

4 hours into my 6 1/2-hour layover in Pudong Airport, Shanghai. Currently camping at a 'cafe' with laptop plugged in and running Football Manager, but alas, the seats are leather and my posterior is on fire.

An awful airport, probably on par with every American airport save JFK that I've been on. (Philadelphia, Atlanta, Knoxville, Detroit, LA.)

http://www.prioritypass.com/

Thanks, good site. I was close to buying a day pass, but by all accounts, and from what little I saw, the lounges in Pudong are just as useless as the rest of the terminal. Might consider a membership in this, though, as it looks like I'll be on at least a couple of globe-hopping flights a year.

Now in Paris, looked around La Defense area a bit, ate mucho bread, time to shake off the jetlag with a power sleep.

Thanks, good site. I was close to buying a day pass, but by all accounts, and from what little I saw, the lounges in Pudong are just as useless as the rest of the terminal. Might consider a membership in this, though, as it looks like I'll be on at least a couple of globe-hopping flights a year.

Now in Paris, looked around La Defense area a bit, ate mucho bread, time to shake off the jetlag with a power sleep.

I got mine along with my credit card, so you might want to look at those options, as well. Personally probably save the yearly price in just not having to pay for hideously overpriced snacks. :D

I took the RV to the gas station to get it ready for our trip on Thursday. 23.5 gallons of gas for about $85. That will get me 250 miles.

I had been waiting for gas prices to come down, which was predicted, and thankfully they did a few days ago. That coupled with a 30 cent discount from the Safeway gas station rewards, and I managed to get my price down as low as I could. Still pretty painful.

I'll start a photo thread once we get on the road.

Decided to back Dead State and Xenonauts on Kickstarter. Also took some pictures of my neck to see how it's coping after the surgery I had (nothing major, nice doctor lady removed some **** underneath my skin and now there's like 4 big ass stitches there). Looks a bit worse than yesterday, guess it's leaking a bit. Guess I'll go and force some nurse to take a look a at it later on next week.

Hate the living, love the dead.