Sadly I was not able to participate in beta so I am asking fellow powerbuilders- what are most broken/OP builds right now in your opinion and why? 

You can take a look at this thread.

Also have to mention that strongest build perception changed with each beta update.

Personally, I would put it like this:

- during beta1: (god-tier) devoted/helwalker - because of being dps-powerhouse with high AR/PEN/HP

- during beta2: (god-tier) wayfarer/berserker - because of being dps-powerhouse with high AR/PEN/HP and self-sustain

- during beta3: (tier-1) wayfarer_or_bleakwalker_or_goldpact/stalker - because of two sturdy bodies, and many full-attack abilities

Also there are currently few op things because of being brokenly good:

- Recursive Swift Flury with Kalakoth's Minor Blights/Citzal Spirit Lance/Blunderbuss

- Recursive Mob Stance with Citzal Spirit Lance

- Taste of the Hunt - a lvl 9 pure-druid with 20 RES/INT can make it tick for ~80 raw damage every 3s for 17s+. This spell should be strong (because it competes for spellusage with Firebrand and with probably the best AoE healing spell in the current beta), but not to the point where I just roll 5 druids)

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Combining AoE attacks (Minor Blights, Blast or Spirit Lance) with offensive abilities and Swift Flurry and/or Cleaving Stance seems to be the most broken thing right now.

Also: Blade Turning with high INT and high DEX. You can make yourself invulnerable against melee attacks 100% of times while reflecting the enemies' disengagement attacks back at them.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 5 months later...

Combining AoE attacks (Minor Blights, Blast or Spirit Lance) with offensive abilities and Swift Flurry and/or Cleaving Stance seems to be the most broken thing right now.

Also: Blade Turning with high INT and high DEX. You can make yourself invulnerable against melee attacks 100% of times while reflecting the enemies' disengagement attacks back at them.

Wait, you can use Cleaving Stance with a ranged Rod set-up?!

Yes - at least it still works with an arquebus, so I'd say rod ist still possible. But Cleaving Stance got nerfed: it used to do a Full Attack on every enemy in range after a kill - now it only does one additional Full Attack per kill.

• Like 1

Yes - at least it still works with an arquebus, so I'd say rod ist still possible. But Cleaving Stance got nerfed: it used to do a Full Attack on every enemy in range after a kill - now it only does one additional Full Attack per kill.

LOL, that would be ridiculous! ;)

My list of OP's things in 3.0

* Brilliant inspiration + Salvation of Time + BDD  - Invicibility
* Brilliant inspiration + Crushing Doom - Infinity accuracy & damage bonus stacking
* Combusting Wounds + Blunderbusses | Minoletta's Minor Missiles - Infinity stacking
* Armor stacking from Paladins - 300% damage reduction
* Resonate Touch | Whispers of the Wind | Inner Death - all L8 - L9 Monks abilities 
* Wizard Invisibility - Single invisibility spell which doesn't cancel after next attack
* Avenging Storm + AOE Full attack  + Blunderbuss - This combination allow you to clear all non-boss mob on single ability use
* Streetfighter + BDD  - +150% attack and 50% recovery speed for free

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 3

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

* Brilliant inspiration + Salvation of Time + BDD  - Invicibility

* Brilliant inspiration + Crushing Doom - Infinity accuracy & damage bonus stacking

* Combusting Wounds + Blunderbusses | Minoletta's Minor Missiles - Infinity stacking

* Resonate Touch | Whispers of the Wind | Inner Death - all L8 - L9 Monks abilities 

* Wizard Invisibility - Single invisibility spell which doesn't cancel after next attack

* Avenging Storm + AOE Full attack  + Blunderbuss - This combination allow you to clear all non-boss mob on single ability use

* Streetfighter + BDD  - +150% attack and 50% recovery speed for free

How do you get the brilliant inspiration?

How do you get the brilliant inspiration?

Ancestor's Memory (Cipher PL7 power.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Some form of variation of this is still valid.

Basically prebuff Daltro's cage helm lash with lightning damage, open out of stealth with thunderous report with the lightning lash modifier. Insta kill a bunch of mobs, reset encounter with stealth and repeat. Assassin/Wizard or Assassin/Skaen good combo for it.

• Like 2

Basically prebuff Daltro's cage helm lash with lightning damage, open out of stealth with thunderous report with the lightning lash modifier. Insta kill a bunch of mobs, reset encounter with stealth and repeat. Assassin/Wizard or Assassin/Skaen good combo for it.

Yeah you can also use (Helwalker/Priest) + Red Hand + Daltro's cage + Salvation of Time to +200% lash for 45s. In fact this is single DPS boost that help you steamroll BoW dragon with BDD like builds

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Basically prebuff Daltro's cage helm lash with lightning damage, open out of stealth with thunderous report with the lightning lash modifier. Insta kill a bunch of mobs, reset encounter with stealth and repeat. Assassin/Wizard or Assassin/Skaen good combo for it.

Yeah you can also use (Helwalker/Priest) + Red Hand + Daltro's cage + Salvation of Time to +200% lash for 45s. In fact this is single DPS boost that help you steamroll BoW dragon with BDD like builds

This sounds like a cool combo, as helwalker takes extra damage with max wounds, so u can hit yourself with high lightning damage and get good lash bonus, then use blade turning + BDD + salvation lol, so cheesyyy.

Basically prebuff Daltro's cage helm lash with lightning damage, open out of stealth with thunderous report with the lightning lash modifier. Insta kill a bunch of mobs, reset encounter with stealth and repeat. Assassin/Wizard or Assassin/Skaen good combo for it.

This sounds like a cool combo, as helwalker takes extra damage with max wounds, so u can hit yourself with high lightning damage and get good lash bonus, then use blade turning + BDD + salvation lol, so cheesyyy.

Blade turning don't work with Daltro's cage.

This is my vid from my old Barbarian build, nowdays Helwalker will be much better and will give you higher lash

On 3:00 I did ~500DM per single spell cast ;)

Edited by mant2si

They shouldn’t allow the daltro’s cage to be triggered by self damage long time ago.

Yeah, but you can always use mirror spell or confused or ally to fool game engine ;)

^ But at that point you’d be deliberately going out of your way to execute a cheesy tactic. More power to you if that’s how you enjoy the game. It’s not the developer’s place to dictate the one and only way in which the game should be played; once stuff is balanced in the sense that you can’t inadvertently trivialize your game by picking a single ability that destroys everything, the rest is up to you IMO.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Do you mean the Goldpact +4 AR bonus? I thought that didn't stack with other active abilities. Any class could get a similar effect from Potion of Ironskin/Spirit Shield (and Wizards can cast those). Goldpact can get it easier tho, and they could also take Inspiring Defenses/Stoic Steel to add passive AR.

Do you mean the Goldpact +4 AR bonus? I thought that didn't stack with other active abilities. Any class could get a similar effect from Potion of Ironskin/Spirit Shield (and Wizards can cast those). Goldpact can get it easier tho, and they could also take Inspiring Defenses/Stoic Steel to add passive AR.

Only Stoic Steel stacks with Goldpact's +4 AR, neither exalted Endurance, nor potions nor most other active abilities stack with Gilded Enmity.

^ But at that point you’d be deliberately going out of your way to execute a cheesy tactic. More power to you if that’s how you enjoy the game. It’s not the developer’s place to dictate the one and only way in which the game should be played; once stuff is balanced in the sense that you can’t inadvertently trivialize your game by picking a single ability that destroys everything, the rest is up to you IMO.

Well, I just showed optimized build for Daltro's cage, it depend on you or Obs. how you or they plans to use knowledge. I found very fun how enemies blow ups with +300 - 500DM hit ;)

Only stoic steel stack with everything else, and you need exactly +3 armor to get 300DM reduction ;) 

How do you achieve this?

With Nemnok's Cloak you can get 26 AR at the moment, because spirit shield and ironskin stacks with gilded enmnity, but it shouldn't xd With a Plate Armor even 28 AR or 30 vs. melee with the right enchantment.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2
  • Like 1

The -300% dmg is the "real" number of the underpenetration makes enemies suffer once your armor is 3 higher than their PEN. Officially it's 75%, but after double inversion (that's how maluses are calculated) it's actually -300%.

lol

edit: Maybe I should have explained my post but I found it quite obvious:

Spirit Shield from nemnok's cloak stacks with Potion of Spirit Shield.

post-152028-0-47521400-1537807085_thumb.jpg

Edited by Raven Darkholme