Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The strongest beta build

• Please log in to reply
464 replies to this topic

Nail

Nail

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Steam:Perebor
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

What's your experience?

I think it's Brawler (Devoted / Helwalker) with who weapons in each hand.

I guess it doesn't really matter what you will focus on if you maintain instacasting Swift Strikes and Disciplined Barrage.

Pros:

insane damage burst

insane statline

Cons:

Found none in beta

I7l9aUn.png

What abut you?

Maybe some multi classes with monk / priest could be good too, but so far I like Brawler a lot. :)

• IndiraLightfoot likes this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5386 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

How did you boost your stats that high? (Except the dumped Resolve, that is.)

Edited by AndreaColombo, 21 November 2017 - 12:29 AM.

TheC

TheC

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Looks to me like you just have 45 points of added stats lol

• tay218 likes this

Climhazzard

Climhazzard

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer

This one is pretty good.  Uses disciplined strikes + swift flurry.  Surely destined for the nerf bat though.

0XsciT9.jpg

l0bu7mj.jpg

• IndiraLightfoot, AndreaColombo and Katarack21 like this

Nail

Nail

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

How did you boost your stats that high? (Except the dumped Resolve, that is.)

Base stats

mig 15

con 20

dex 15

per 15

int 10

res 3

It's just under effects of Swift Strikes and Disciplined Barrage.

Plus might gain from Helwalker passive (10 wounds)

Edited by Nail, 21 November 2017 - 01:17 AM.

• IndiraLightfoot and AndreaColombo like this

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2549 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yeah both Disciplined Barrage and Swift Strike/Lightning Strike is super powerful atm. They are instantly casted and cost only 1 source point. Pluse Devoted is OP due to the current penetration system. Strong combo build for sure.

But it also depends on your difficulty, in Potd all enemies has +15 defense which makes it harder to do critical attack. So the effect of swift strike is not that impressive. You might need to pick Lightning Strike instead in Potd.

Edited by dunehunter, 21 November 2017 - 01:16 AM.

Skaddix

Skaddix

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 91 posts

You mean MIGHT NOT STRENGTH. That build sounds highly effective though. 

Nail

Nail

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Right :)

Skaddix

Skaddix

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 91 posts

Right :)

Anyway like the build although based on the current penetration system Devoted is quickly becoming Ketchup good on everything or at least everything that plans to swing a weapon. Monk also seems good as well seems like you want at least one of them mixed into any Multiclass....

Still this build does do what I like swings weapons with elemental damage. So assuming casting rate is still garbage I will probably build this first.

KDubya

KDubya

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1543 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

I like to use Shattered Pillar instead of Hel Walker.

Reasons:

1.) Much more tanky as you gain 'wounds' by doing damage instead of taking damage. The Monk attacks are all Primary not Full so using a shield has no downside. 

2.) No reason to stat dump and have a bad Will defense that just screams please charm me.

3.) Having a high deflection could make using "Dance of Death" an interesting choice

• AndreaColombo likes this

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2549 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Just did some small test with the build and the damage is LOOOL. Take a look at my picture :D

https://imgur.com/a/NOeWa

D31wHh1.png

Edited by dunehunter, 21 November 2017 - 01:47 AM.

• IndiraLightfoot likes this

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2549 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Reasons:

1.) Much more tanky as you gain 'wounds' by doing damage instead of taking damage. The Monk attacks are all Primary not Full so using a shield has no downside. 

2.) No reason to stat dump and have a bad Will defense that just screams please charm me.

3.) Having a high deflection could make using "Dance of Death" an interesting choice

Well if you play on PotD there's nothing called high deflection, every mob has much higher accuracy and deflection.

• Arranvin likes this

Nail

Nail

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Reasons:

Thinking about this build for solo walkthrough, so charm is not a big problem.

Also there are some defense perks to cover that will loss.

Maybe Wood Elf would be better option too, during immune to Petrify / Paralyze, what I evaluate much more dangerous than Enfeebled.

There is some room for tweaks for sure :)

Edited by Nail, 21 November 2017 - 01:48 AM.

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5588 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

What's your experience?

I think it's Brawler (Devoted / Helwalker) with who weapons in each hand.

I guess it doesn't really matter what you will focus on if you maintain instacasting Swift Strikes and Disciplined Barrage.

Pros:

insane damage burst

insane statline

Cons:

Found none in beta

I7l9aUn.png

What abut you?

Maybe some multi classes with monk / priest could be good too, but so far I like Brawler a lot. :)

Great build, and I love that you picked a mountain dwarf. I'm playing one right now, and enjoy it immensely it. Perhaps, I'll make a mountain dwarf character as my very first one in Deadfire.

KDubya

KDubya

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1543 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Reasons:

Well if you play on PotD there's nothing called high deflection, every mob has much higher accuracy and deflection.

Its only +15 accuracy, nothing that a superb small shield with weapon and shield style can't negate with +26 deflection. Heck a plain small shield with the style bonus would get you +14.

With the removal of grazes you'll get hit less often and pursuing high deflection will be stronger. Add in 70% DR if your armor is high enough and you can tank till the cows come home.

Nail

Nail

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I wonder when new beta patch will go live fixing most of all found bugs...

Tried Transmutor / Devoted on clubs, seems weaker, still interesting choice :)

Have somebody tried Monk / Priest ?

Edited by Nail, 21 November 2017 - 11:55 PM.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15246 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
The ogre's "clubs" don't count as clubs when it comes to proficiency.

Ogre + Berserker is nice and so is Ogre + Corpse Eater. Because the stat buffs stack. The only thing is that the grazing gauntlets don't help you and that the INT debuff of the Ogre makes you Carnage area smaller. Berserker also has an INT debuff when frenzied because of confusion and it stacks with the Ogre's so you better max out INT at char creation. ;)

Paladin+Berserker is a strong combo because you can take away the confusion once and for all with a passive. Bleak Walker + not confused Berserker sounds nice. The +50% crit conversion could be cool with FoD.

I also tried Devoted/Priest of Berath with the summoned great sword (which is awesome with the +60% corrosive lash at lvl 6 - just takes too long to summon).
Too bad I can't try Bleak Walker + Priest of Berath.

I also tried Bleak Walker + Lightning Strikes (Shattered Pillar). Very nice spike damage and no shortage of wounds here. ;)

Still: Devoted or Assassin + Soul Blade still seems to be one of the most powerful single target destroyers. I mean even when you ignore the bug of Soul Annihilation. 150 raw damage on top of your usual weapon damage (which is already huge) and building up enough focus with one or two attacks, then doing it again is very strong.

Edited by Boeroer, 22 November 2017 - 12:13 AM.

• Silvaren likes this

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2549 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

GoldPact Knight + Tricker, I did this combo today and it seems pretty fun for dueling. Proficiency weapon picked battleaxe + medium shield. Talent picked Brand Enemy + Gouging Strike + Riposte.

With Deep faith + Medium shield block + Mirror Image enemies can barely touch you, while u riposte them with axe, causing bleed damage. And with Brand Enemy + Gouging Strike, these two will DoT the target til the end of battle. Pretty sweet to look at target try to touch u but bleed/burn to death :D

Soloed Skulking-Terror on PotD barely get touched.

Edited by dunehunter, 22 November 2017 - 12:46 AM.

• Drum_Warrior likes this

KDubya

KDubya

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1543 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Berserker + Devoted makes for a confusion free rage when used in conjunction with Tactical Barrage. As a bonus the +5 Intellect also makes your carnage bigger. An extra 7 penetration when raging with 50% hit to crit is stupidly good. 

Unbroken + Shieldbearer Paladin with spear and shield in Defender stance gets SIX engagements that if broken get a +10 penetration counterstrike. I need to experiment more but this guy could be the line holder. 

• AndreaColombo and Silvaren like this

Skaddix

Skaddix

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 91 posts

I pray a usable tank that the mobs dont go around praise the Gods.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users