You did WHAT Today

Blarghagh

Can't sleep, almost dawn, so here I am on the internet again.

@Katphood - kittahs! :cat: I hate moving/uprooting, but sometimes a fresh/new start is just the ticket.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Went in and delived my presentation about the IoT model I developed for my Internet of Things unit, got a rough grade of A3, so basically a 2.1 for that.  Now just have to wait to see how the technical report gets graded.

Think I might take the rest of the day to chill out and not think about heavy stuff. Other assignment hand-ins are next week so some space and time.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I hate moving/uprooting, but sometimes a fresh/new start is just the ticket.

Me, too. That and travelling with car/train. I was worried about moving the cats to a new place but it worked out in the end and they feel comfortable at their new home. My babies are happy!  :cat:

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

PostMord? :(

PostMord!? I sure hope not!

Jokes aside, PostNord has mishandled stuff, but never sent me the wrong delivery. This was DHL.

I took a closer look at the stuff I got. They are worth twice as much compared to the stuff I ordered. At this point, I should tell the store that I'm keeping this stuff. They've kept me waiting for two days on a response.

• Like 1

Beat the secretary at work at pool, so today was a good day.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Jokes aside, PostNord has mishandled stuff, but never sent me the wrong delivery. This was DHL.

I took a closer look at the stuff I got. They are worth twice as much compared to the stuff I ordered. At this point, I should tell the store that I'm keeping this stuff. They've kept me waiting for two days on a response.

Haha, I'm so used to it being postnord that i usually jump to that conclusion.

I've yet to have any real trouble with deliveries from anyone. Obly annoyance ive had has been that they incist on delivering to the door. Quite annoying when i have zero chance of being home to recieve it.

Did you contact dhl or the seller?

Got a smartphone from work, so im trying to get used to it by surfing here. I really hate this thing...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Haha, I'm so used to it being postnord that i usually jump to that conclusion.

I've yet to have any real trouble with deliveries from anyone. Obly annoyance ive had has been that they incist on delivering to the door. Quite annoying when i have zero chance of being home to recieve it.

Did you contact dhl or the seller?

Got a smartphone from work, so im trying to get used to it by surfing here. I really hate this thing...

I contacted DHL, they told me to contact the seller. The seller contacted me today. They told me to send the stuff back. Put it in protective package, book a delivery with DHL, etc. I told them that they are free to come and get it. I won't lift a finger. I also told them that while they are at it, not only should they come get the stuff, bring me the stuff that I actually ordered. This is the second time in my life that I get the wrong delivery, so it isn't like I am used to it.

I'll see how it goes. I can pay for this stuff and forget about what I ordered, but no way in Satan's home am I going to do anything other than open the door for them. I'm not carrying everything down again. I'm also not going to give myself a headache with the whole DHL booking. I'm expecting a response in a day or two.

• Like 1

I expect them to rail and threaten you and whatnot, but I hope you win. It's their responsibility for sending you the wrong stuff, they need to put up for their error.

Had some lovely weather today. First rain, not heavy, but well enough to put a pretty decent wet surface on the yard at work, then came the freezing temperatures. I'm sure many of you have experienced black ice with your cars, but if you think that is awful? Try doing that with about 10 tonnes of extra weight pushing on you from behind and to top it off having to balance that **** on a pivot.

I swear todays work wasn't stressful at all.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Was sifting through my almost-never-used-anymore YT account and found this small memory.

• Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My mobile phone is acting up. Since tuesday evening it's been flashing the "0% Battery Alert" at me.. .but here we are, over 50 hours later and it's still flashing that alert, but is still cheerfully making phone calls, sending texts, connecting to the internet, and even acting as a torch with no hassle.

Methinks the software is out of synch....

Nice! By "beat" does that mean biking is faster than driving?

Not quite. I average about an hour to get home on a Friday. On a bad day it might take 90 minutes. Still, it is a lot more fun pushing myself on the bike than sitting in traffic.

Took the dogs to get their pedicures, assorting cleaning. I usually have to invent something when coworkers ask how my weekend was :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished off the final draft of my research paper outline, now going to let it settle overnight before looking at it again.

Got distracted looking at some fantasy art, and started rough sketching out some floor plans and general ideas, which got me curious into looking up some suitable software to do it on the pc as well as by hand, which led me to the Campaign Cartographer site. Then noticed they had CC3+ "upgrade from earlier versions" and remember that about 20 years ago I did actually pick up a copy of CC2 for DnD purposes. Although that was back in the day you got it delivered as a CD by post rather than order and download online, so out of curiousity I've emailed them with my serial number and a "Hey, does this 20 year old copy count for the free upgrade to current version?".

I'll be somewhat amused to see what response I get.

• Like 1

I got some beers from a bulgarian driver at work, I usually do his job for him, wich is annoying as all hell, but bribes help alleviate my irritation somewhat. I've never had any 7.0% beers before that I could drink, but these are actually drinkable to my surprise. Far from good, but they're free. Find myself tipsy, wich is bad, because I've been trying to stop smoking. Found that I forgot about that and had myself a smoke and now I feel actually drunk. On the plus side, smokes aren't good anymore, but I realised how I've missed being proper drunk. Going to have to remedy that soon I think.

Got an email from Profantasy "Unfortunately, that version of CC2 is so old, that our system does not offer an automatic upgrade option. Here's a voucher for £5 off."

Pondering on whether my urge to be creative in this manner is worth spending the money on some of the value packages they do.

Although I do have to kind of blink that it's £400+ for the full bundle of mapdrawing software. I don't think I'll be going that extreme no matter what.

My mother has had several more small strokes last week and condition is deteriorating fairly rapidly now (not unexpected), and all the "visit her while you can" messages were sent to all extended family. My family relations was always contentious/not typical but Mom is the one I always had the best adult relationship with. She was cool. After she passes there may not be too much left re: family, for me.

This year is not starting well on the personal grief level ... but such is the cycle of all life. I just have to eat more cookies and meditate out in the rain and hope when the time comes that I don't excessively wallow/do nothing but sleep for 3 months etc.  :disguise:

...and, dear hubby, I'm sorry, but I may need a new cat sooner than I thought. For me they are very helpful dealing with grief. Sitting on a beach somewhere doesn't help at all, but a cat in the lap does. 

Condolences LC, hope the year improves

My mother has had several more small strokes last week and condition is deteriorating fairly rapidly now (not unexpected), and all the "visit her while you can" messages were sent to all extended family. My family relations was always contentious/not typical but Mom is the one I always had the best adult relationship with. She was cool. After she passes there may not be too much left re: family, for me.

This year is not starting well on the personal grief level ... but such is the cycle of all life. I just have to eat more cookies and meditate out in the rain and hope when the time comes that I don't excessively wallow/do nothing but sleep for 3 months etc.  :disguise:

...and, dear hubby, I'm sorry, but I may need a new cat sooner than I thought. For me they are very helpful dealing with grief. Sitting on a beach somewhere doesn't help at all, but a cat in the lap does. 

Sorry to hear.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Condolences, Lady C :(