You did WHAT Today

Blarghagh

So TV I bought, it came with these weak-ass tiny plastic "feet" for a stand. That sorta thing shouldn't be allowed. >.>  Very wobbly/unsafe. Bought a new stand. Best stand ever and only $41. Altho it adds quite a bit of weight (18 lbs?) because it's "universal" and meant for up to 65" with the base being heavy glass and fairly deep. Still...it swivels nicely and can slide side to side horizontally. I can angle for playing/sitting at desk and easily swivel it back for distance sitting, plus the horizontal slide is handy, like if you temp. want more desk work space or want to sit in a corner and still have it more centered.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018I1XTFU/ref=twister_B01COJRYU8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

monitorstand01.jpg

...I only need 3 monitors if I Twitch, and don't think I'll be doing that much anymore so just two for now. One of these days I really am going to create my perfect "space" for this kind of thing. I could get quite obsessed with it...but room would need complete overhaul.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Went to the doctors today, got some bloodwork done, and EKG. Going to get a CT-scan tomorrow and a bronchoscopy on thursday. Mostly annoyed that I won't be allowed to drive on thursday :(

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Thanks :) Yeah, I think it will be. Considering that I haven't caughed up any blood for a week it was probably nothing serious. But I'll know in a few days for sure. :)

Going to cost me heaps of money though, alot of overtime hours that I will miss out of.

Also, weathers lovely, 5-10cm's of snow and a slight chill. Wish it could be somewhat colder but its something!

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I have been utterly hyper-brained the past few weeks or so. Restless, bouncy (bounce-skipping around in public stores like a kid even, which hubby remarked on), can't sit still, can't focus, machine-gun chatter in my hubby's ear for 30 minutes, sit down, get up, sit down, go outside, go back inside 2 minutes later, repeat.

Short phases of being like this is fairly routine for me but usually that means a day or so, not weeks. It's becoming a little ... annoying, actually.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My dog chilling in a little bit of sun.

25152245_10155694404881223_3952040836602

I think she may be part lizard... or Kryptonian. Yeah, I think she gets her power from our yellow sun.

My other dog is the complete opposite. Where one dog loves summer days in the sun the other loves the cold and dark winters and playing in the snow.

• Like 4

Free games updated 3/4/21

She knows the importance of Vitamin D

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had a slight set to over the draft of my research outline paper.

Apparently my supervisor expects me to put in a whole bunch of hard numbers to things like number of questions in the pilot questionaire, amount of stakeholder groups, the amount of primary sources to be discovered etc. and I was all " but this is the outline of methodology and early research, I can't answer any of those questions until AFTER the first half of the research objectives have been handled."  She was all "Yes, it wraps it up together so you can answer it."  To which I did the.. "uh..but that means it's not all future tense and not a plan, it means I'll be carrying this out in advance of writing that I will be carrying it out."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

snip

I've been there brother! Once, I did a couple of projects for a research methods class. The prof went through my first project and was very pleased. However, he told me the first paragraph of the abstract was extraneous and he deleted it. He explained, quite reasonably, that it was superfluous information for the abstract which should be short and concise while observations and other analytical statements should be reserved for the introduction or the discussion. I completely agree. That's why I didn't put that paragraph in there. When he saw the abstract the first time, he told me to include a few sentences to contextualize the abstract. The irony? He literally deleted what he told me to add and thus my official project, completed and ready to present, had the exact same abstract I turned in as my preliminary draft. the presentation was well received at the conference, so I guess there's that.

Anyway, I have over a grand in books coming to my house because I purchased the discounted bundle from the bookstore and fedex requires a signature. Meanwhile, since my insurance has changed three times over the past five years, I finally have an appointment to see my doctor about something that's been bothering me, the NP really, and that's been scheduled for today for some time. So I put a note on my front door telling the fedex guy that my neighbors will sign for it. I have to leave in about ten minutes, so I can always hope the packages come before then. The combined packages together weigh in excess of 50 pounds, so I hope my neighbors don't have to lug it around.

χαίρετε

Only thing of note was some Israeli dude calling my phone then saying "Hello?! HELLO?!" to my voice mail for a good 30 seconds. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Started a new job a couple months ago! Not sure if I mentioned that here. Same industry, but a nice salary bump and some added [stress] responsibility. 

Been in NYC for 4 years now, but think I'm gonna move back to Jersey for a couple months and try and [save up to buy a fancy new computer] bank some money. 

• Like 1

Had my bronchoscopy this morning, and for the first time in ages someone took my bloodpressure; 220/114 iirc. Got pumped with 3 times the normal amount of anaesthetics before the procedure wich did **** all, much to mine and the doctors consternation. Anyway, they found no faults in my lungs, they suppose that my bloodpressure is the reason for the bloody coughs I've had.

The bronchoscopy was awful, felt like I was drowning at times and now my throat is sore as ****, and I'm tired as hell since I've had basically no sleep...

Going to my GP tomorrow or monday to talk to her about my bloodpressure.

Edited by Azdeus

No, it's insanely high. I smoke, but that's it for risk increases for such bloodpressure. What had happened was that I had agreed to go to work to get a tug licence for work during my vacation, and when I got there I was told it was cancelled. They hadn't thought to call me, so when I came home and was talking about it with the my postman I started caughing and blood came up. My bloodpressure spiked so badly that I began to bleed in the lungs.

http://www.bloodpressureuk.org/BloodPressureandyou/Thebasics/Bloodpressurechart

I should also mention that I really hate hospitals, hadn't slept well and hadn't had any cigarettes before the procedure wich really doesn't help.

Edited by Azdeus

That's crazy high, even considering the circumstances. Hope you and your GP can figure something out.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Stupid question, but does anyone know if you accidentally "Share to Community" on Imgur, is that a copy that remains "shared" even if you delete the album in your index itself? You can't edit the community version anymore, not even title or tags. It's no big deal (just game screens) if delete doesn't work but just wondering before I trouble myself reuploading etc.

...stupid fingers/mouse.

Had my bronchoscopy this morning, and for the first time in ages someone took my bloodpressure; 220/114 iirc.

Good God, I hope you actually went to the appointment! That's hypertensive crisis there, brother. I would have thought they would admit you for readings that high. I hope you're feeling better and, more importantly, your blood pressure came down.

EDIT: I'm doing nothing today. I plan on doing nothing I don't want to do for the next few weeks. Probably won't work, but that's what I'm planning.

Edited by Epaminondas

χαίρετε

Last day of work before my 'vacation' (a.k.a. using up holidays at work lest I lost them). Decided to say yes to try to apply to a developer role here that may be better for me personally long term but will introduce me to the disorganized slavery that is Agile at my company.

• Like 1

Good luck, Malcador!

Thanks, will probably come to nothing though. Well or result in me getting fired :lol:

• Like 1

We had our Christmas... excuse me HOLIDAY party for my office today. Yes, I was actually corrected on that score. Now, generally I do not socialize or cultivate friendships with the people I work with. For good reasons. But in this job, there are great reasons. Ever since the day I walked in the door I've felt like the gypsy that crashed the Royal Wedding. But beyond that I just don't like these people much. And I am certain the feelings are mutual. They don't drink. They don't swear. Most of them remind me of characters on the Big Bang Theory. One actually thinks Star Wars is intelligent social commentary. But during these office functions they get a little tipsy. Alcohol is like a magnifying glass. If you have any character flaws or personality short comings a little bit of hootch will bring that right out. It can be entertaining if you stay sober. During these functions  I just laugh at them and keep to myself because when I drink that little man that sits on my shoulder and keeps me from telling people i dislike to f--k off goes home.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell