What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

You people with your backlogs make it sound as if gaming is work. :>

More like justifying the spending.  If you never play it, you wasted your money!

I don't buy if I can't play it anyway. :>

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Made a Galaxy with only 3 or 4 AI Empires and Random FEs. I've encountered two of the AI Empires and no FE so far. But overall I'm doing better.

The key is to balance my production more. Instead of queuing everything until I'm out of minerals, only queue one thing at a time. And then I can respond to issues of power or minerals by building more next. Now I can afford a fleet too!

I already have three assimilators. The cyborgs you start with, who are great miners and warriors, a pre-FTL civ I invaded who are good for nothing, and one colony of my nearest AI neighbor that got too close and was annoying me. They're apparently fantastic at physics research! I plan to assimilate the rest of their species once the war declaration is over.

I like how you were crying that you were bullied previously and now you are the bully xD

Bully? Moi? Pshh.

I'm super friendly. Friendliest person in the galaxy! I like to go around making new friends and giving them wonderful gifts of immortality, knowledge, and belonging.

Until all are one.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

@Labadal

For me Yakuza 6, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Atelier Souer and Lydie and on 16.December will be new Tales games announced. I wanted Ni No Kuni 2 too, but when there is a game with season pass, I pass :p

Speaking of Ni No Kuni 2, it got delayed another 2 months.

FFXV update patch 1.20 is out now! 32 minutes left to download! Party switching time!

...is it sad that I'm this excited? When Episode Ignis actually drops Wed. I might explode.

Are you actually enjoying FFXV?

I found it so incredibly disjointed that half the time I didn't know what was going on.  It's like three different writers wrote the story, but they decided to just glue them together anyway and hope the audience doesn't notice.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So far, I have finished 100 of 297 games, I have very long reviews for each of them.

I know I will play every game, though admittedly I don't get alot of time to play except gor the holidays (like now).

So I'm cranking hours in this year and utilizing my time to beat certain games on the list, yes.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Are you actually enjoying FFXV?

I found it so incredibly disjointed that half the time I didn't know what was going on.  It's like three different writers wrote the story, but they decided to just glue them together anyway and hope the audience doesn't notice.

There's a story? I don't play for story. It's a visceral combat, chocobo riding, bro bickering and bonding, driving and fishing simulator. (edit: oh and great music)

Ignis' and what happens to him during the main questline is about the only "story" that meant anything to me since it fits in with sacrifice and smart-guy tropes that I like. Which is why I've been waiting for his DLC for so long, since it will show what he was doing/what/how that happened to him. The rest is just typical chosen-one/save the world claptrap with side chrs. you never really get to know or care about (Luna, who?...pfft...haha).

2nd Edit: Aussies have the DLC already and are reporting it's the best DLC thus far, story wise. Can't wait can't wait. I wonder if it'll make me cry.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Started Okami on PC. I'm disappointed that you can skip cut scenes and dialog, oh well. I still think the game is great. 

​Why's that a negative? I wish literally every game had that option, especially for replays. Or did you typo and mean to say "can't"?

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Started Okami on PC. I'm disappointed that you can skip cut scenes and dialog, oh well. I still think the game is great. 

​Why's that a negative? I wish literally every game had that option, especially for replays. Or did you typo and mean to say "can't"?

I mean can't skip some scenes and dialog.

• Like 1

I don't care what anyone says, I enjoy the new Tomb Raider reboot.  Not for the same reasons I loved the original, mind you.  But for all the hate it gets, I've always thought it was much better than described.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't care what anyone says, I enjoy the new Tomb Raider reboot. Not for the same reasons I loved the original, mind you. But for all the hate it gets, I've always thought it was much better than described.

Nostalgia ALWAYS clouds people's minds from rationality. The old games may have been good at release but they have aged horribly and their stories were rubbish.

Now, for the people who are saying "Where are the tombs? Where is the raiding?", I question if they have actually played the new Tomb Raider games as they do have tins of caves, tombs abd raiding lol

And then there's the whole dual pistol thing *facepalm*.

The new reboots are great, much better than the 90's originals and what's more is that they're certainly not riding on the coat-tails of the old games which killed themselves, so the new games are actually good if not great.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Well, I just recently finished the story part of Assassin's Creed Origins after approximately 30 hours, per Uplay.  I know the AC franchise takes a lot of flack, but I really liked this installment.  It's been a while since I've stuck through an AC game till the end and I know I will be spending even more hours roaming the land of Eqypt completing side quests and doing some of the trials they have from time to time.  I believe I ended at level 37, so I still have some levels to go to max out and I definitely have more tombs to raid, but I will say one last thing about this game...It's beautiful and detailed to the point that it astounds me the hours of development time taken into just creating this game's world.  It's HUGE and very fun to explore.  

Also, just completed my first run through of Nine Parchments on the switch and will say it was a fun ride.  Definitely has the spirit of FrozenByte in it for sure and the gameplay is quite solid.  Not the deepest game, but overall fun level was quite high and quite a bit of unlocks to be found and collected.  I will say it makes me think of a true ARPG on this system and I have to say, if any part of the rumor of Titan Quest coming to the switch is true, I may need to convince my wife that I don't need to work lol.

Other than that, roaming the land of Skyrim on the switch.  I will say, from hearing Keyrock talk about it so much, I'm excited for Steamworld Heist on the switch before the end of the year. Steamworld Dig 2 was phenomenal on the switch so I'm hoping this is a good port as well.  Really can't wait for Terraria or Hollow Knight (which I've been putting off playing on my pc) to come to the switch in the early part of 2018 and what's this I hear? Wasteland 2 is being ported over as well.  There's no reason to get out of bed anymore:)  Man, there needs to be more hours in the day and a coffee pot that holds more coffee.

I think the biggest success of Watch_Dogs 2 is creating a legitimately likable group of protagonists.  Marcus might just be the most likable criminal protagonist in a GTA-style game ever, even more likable than CJ from GTA: San Andreas, and the rest of DedSec all seem like people you really want to root for.  All the more reason for me to play the game as non-violent as possible.  I don't want my lovable gang of hackers to be murderers.  Also, if any betrayal plot twist happens later on (I have no idea if there is any or not), it will make the heartbreak all that much more powerful.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Episode Ignis is soooo good. 1000% better than the first two. Batman-wiring roof to roof to explore and for combats, mechanics are smooth with some better QoL things the other two dlc lacked. Dialogue/interaction bits and cutscenes are nicely done. Doesn't  feel as linear (even if it is, really). I think if you rush it you could finish it in 90 minutes or a bit less but I'm 2 hours in and still mid-Chapt. 2, mostly from exploring the nooks and crannies of the city (there's 3 chapts and an alternate ending).  And my emotions are already teetering a tiny bit.

If you didn't get any of the other DLC's, this is the one to get.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finally getting around to play San Andreas.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Did a test run in Stellaris last night. I only had twenty minutes. I went ahead and invaded the neighbor, mopped up his first planet, invaded,... and then he had a reinforcement fleet come out of nowhere and wiped me out. It was equal strength too, but he was using Cruisers instead of Destroyers.

My Cruiser research should complete shortly, so when I give it a real try, I'll go ahead and start building my fleet around those and then reinforce up to a Cruiser/Destro fleet as I take losses.

I also found out I can only afford to demand 4 of his planets from the war instead of all 5. Sorely tempted to leave him the planet smack in the middle. With closed borders he'd be stuck.

• Like 1

Ok, took me 2.5 hours to finish, and then I tried alternate ending. And failed right at the last second. :p 

I'd give the dlc a B+, mostly because I wish it had been longer but the nature of its tale is short anyway. Minor quibble: Ignis' vocal contortions became a little ... cheesey ... towards the end. Difficultly overall is pretty easy, outside of the alternate ending. Because Ignis is OPd, mostly. I'll revise that if you rushed you could finish the original ending version in 60-75 minutes, alternate ending and other misc. adds more time.

Story aspect that was filled-in re: the main game, excellent. I came close to sniffling but not quite over the line.

Rewards/things added to the main game when complete, quite decent.

Had a great time, will replay and will be doing the bonus Noct. fight. I expect my butt to be fully kicked by AI-Noctus.

Played a bit of Cuphead, finished Inkwell Isle I and a few bosses on II, already grabbed a couple of A+ ratings.

Great animations and music, okayish sound design, nice difficulty and tight gameplay, except for the parrying which feels tacked on and sometimes doesn't really work (although that might be my controller showing signs of its age).

Why am I not enjoying this as much as I think I should?

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Fallout 4.

Playing the Automatron DLC. It's pretty fun to modify Ada with weapons and upgrades. She has a flamethrower in one hand for close encounters and a laser rifle in the other hand for shooting baddies from a distance. I also made her to be able to hover around like those Mr. Handy robots. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Playing dishonored. Have a slight headache today, so I'm just kind of floating around trying different things. I need to haul this body somewhere and if anyone, even neutral folks, sees me, they cause a huge fuss. Makes sense, but now I'm vexed as to how to transport the stiff to the lady who apparently has skin in the game.

χαίρετε

Fallout 4.

Playing the Automatron DLC. It's pretty fun to modify Ada with weapons and upgrades. She has a flamethrower in one hand for close encounters and a laser rifle in the other hand for shooting baddies from a distance. I also made her to be able to hover around like those Mr. Handy robots. 

I pretty much just stuck laser gats on everybody. They're wonderful.

• Like 1

Playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider.  Enjoying it, but am getting a bit frustrated with the sections on the map I can't access because I don't have the upgraded item/weapon yet.  Either I've completely missed where I was supposed to craft this stuff, or it's geared toward a second play through for New Game+ where all items are unlocked and carry over.