You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

How does Louie CK do it, he is more or less dodging the whole thing. Kevin Spacey's career is probably over. 

I read that CK is in no legal trouble, meaning he can acknowledge the sexual conduct without admitting to statutory sexual misconduct, which had not be committed. So he's allowed to make a baptism by confession that the other's cant. Because they'd be admitting guilt to an indictable crime.

As far as I know, all of CK's conduct was consensual but abused implications of power.

Not to defend the behavior or victim blame (although I have a lower threshold for this type of bull****) But couldn't have they just say no? I mean is not like they don't have careers or they live in a country with no options. Somehow in all these cases its seems like the victim is completely devoid of any agency, which to my sociopathic self makes it seem like a case of deer in front of the headlights and they were just too stupid to move away from it. A lot of these allegations feel like they would have ended if the victim had just spoken up at the moment and not waited years to come out with it.

The Weinstein thing made sense since he clearly used his position to lure women, but the rest were casual encounters.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I have the routine I do every Sunday morning. I have a daily newspaper delivery but they won't deliver it down my dirt road driveway. They leave it in a plastic box on the main road. Sunday I walk down to the road to get the paper then make a pot of coffee and just relax for a few hours and read it. So anyway this morning just past sunrise I'm walking down with my dog Sunny. It's a pretty good walk, a little less than 1/2 a mile, 800M give or take. It takes me past my neighbors field. I saw a deer standing in the middle of the field and pulled out my phone to get a picture. Well, as I'm lining up the shot Sunny sees here and starts barking. Of course the deer bolted. I did manage to catch this though:

post-10997-0-09054100-1510497296_thumb.png

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I waxed the Mazda today, something a lot of people neglect, then they wonder why their paint looks like crap a few years later.

sDApLuV.jpg

sxKzQly.jpg

eW0TcdC.jpg

An hour and a half 2 or 3 times a year can help keep your car looking showroom for years to come.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

*tosses cat a few pieces of buttered popcorn*

*tosses cat some cheddar cheese bits*

*tosses cat small pieces of raw chicken as I'm slicing it up*

*plates a mound of lightly cooked chicken for cats lunch*

...my cat is not spoiled. :biggrin:

...although in truth, a lot of it is extra efforts to get him to gain or at least not lose weight. His hyperthyroidism = it's hard to keep him even around 8 pounds (when he should be around 11-12pounds).

The biggest of our three cats, an orange tabby (what else?) carries an impressive 18 lbs considering our farm life out here.

And our oldest, a grey-toned tabby, well his diet is more or less that of a goat's. In fact, he was born in a sheep barn.

Here's a taste of what he finds yummy:

-Pasta

-Taters

-French fries

-All kinds of beans

-Turnips

-Horse radish

-Chilli peppers (I'm not kidding. This could make us rich on Youtube one day. His record is chilli rated like 5,000 Scoville == jalapeño

-The weirdest of sauces

-Pizza, including the hard crust, which he loves to crunch on like mouse bones

-Bread

-Chocolate (which would kill a dog)

-An assorted collection of candy

-And in the wild, he goes for mice, small birds, lizards, and insects, mainly. (One sad day, he plundered a nest, undeterred by the poor screeching jay couple. It took years before we got those beautiful birds back in the clump of trees near our house.) 

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

^ That's quite the diverse pallette.  I would shy away from feeding a cat candy.  It's not good for humans, it ain't good for animals either.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Heh, absolutely. We would never give him stuff like chocolate or candy intentionally. No, still he gets himself candy, like a lot of other stuff, by swiping it from our kids. When they were young, they started crying, since they couldn't see this coming:

He has this weird paw swipe going on - we call it "periscope fishing".

Quickly, and uncannily timed, he lashes his paw up over the edge of a coffee table or a deck, bent like a submarine periscope. He can't see the surface, mind you.

He uses his cat qi.

And this paw is hellbent on one thing - to perform a quick swipe of whatever they've placed there, put a lot of trust in his expanded claws, and then, when he's swiped it down on the floor, grab it with his chompers and scurry away.

His biggest catch this way was a family pizza. Thankfully, it landed bottom up. But countless sandwiches have been lost this way, even to the dismay of innocently unaware guests.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

*tosses cat a few pieces of buttered popcorn*

*tosses cat some cheddar cheese bits*

*tosses cat small pieces of raw chicken as I'm slicing it up*

*plates a mound of lightly cooked chicken for cats lunch*

...my cat is not spoiled. :biggrin:

...although in truth, a lot of it is extra efforts to get him to gain or at least not lose weight. His hyperthyroidism = it's hard to keep him even around 8 pounds (when he should be around 11-12pounds).

The biggest of our three cats, an orange tabby (what else?) carries an impressive 18 lbs considering our farm life out here.

And our oldest, a grey-toned tabby, well his diet is more or less that of a goat's. In fact, he was born in a sheep barn.

Here's a taste of what he finds yummy:

-Pasta

-Taters

-French fries

-All kinds of beans

-Turnips

-Horse radish

-Chilli peppers (I'm not kidding. This could make us rich on Youtube one day. His record is chilli rated like 5,000 Scoville == jalapeño

-The weirdest of sauces

-Pizza, including the hard crust, which he loves to crunch on like mouse bones

-Bread

-Chocolate (which would kill a dog)

-An assorted collection of candy

-And in the wild, he goes for mice, small birds, lizards, and insects, mainly. (One sad day, he plundered a nest, undeterred by the poor screeching jay couple. It took years before we got those beautiful birds back in the clump of trees near our house.)

Chocolate's terrible for cats too. Also, as predators cats lack the taste sensors related to spicy heat, so the scovilles won't bother them going in. Dunno about going out.

Just make sure never to give 'm raisins.

• Like 1

Impressive teams that did NOT qualify for the World Cup. No Ivory Coast, US, Italy, Holland to name a few.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Chocolate's terrible for cats too. Also, as predators cats lack the taste sensors related to spicy heat, so the scovilles won't bother them going in. Dunno about going out.

Just make sure never to give 'm raisins.

I know that chocolate's not very good for cats, and I knew about raisins, but I had no idea they can't feel the heat of chilli and other stuff. That explains a lot. Thanks for the info.

@Malcador: I'm very happy that Sweden qualified. It felt lika miracle, but I feel sorry for Italy, and the World Cup in general, since that's almost always a top team.

Was told by a dev that policy is to NOT comment code a lot as you can just read through the code.  Wondered if they knew this code needed to be maintained, though that would explain the state of the application....

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's stupid.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Who thinks this is ever a good idea? If anyone ever says stuff like that, I assume they either don't have any programming skills, or they wrote the program and want to secure their job position in the future. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The US Marine Corps is like an old girlfriend from long ago. (...) But still, when her birthday rolls around you can't help but raise a toast to her.

Do... people actually do that? With their exes, I mean?

we have little nostalgia regarding exes.  am usually happy to get out of a relationship w/o metaphorical boiled bunnies

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The US Marine Corps is like an old girlfriend from long ago. (...) But still, when her birthday rolls around you can't help but raise a toast to her.

Do... people actually do that? With their exes, I mean?

:lol:  Well, I was really just trying to be poetic. But to tell the truth when my ex-wife and I split up I hated her with a passion. But a few years later I had a bad car accident and nearly checked out during and after. After that we spoke and made peace. I haven't spoken to her since and she's married to someone else now anyway. But I do remember the good times more than the bad.  As for the toast, there is not bad reason to have a drink.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Who thinks this is ever a good idea? If anyone ever says stuff like that, I assume they either don't have any programming skills, or they wrote the program and want to secure their job position in the future. :>

They are good developers. Just pump out byzantine code that works great until you try to understand it.  My buddy at work comments a lot explaining "Why" he is doing something and got docked in review for "cluttering up" the code.  :lol:

A buddy from the military is in town for work so I'm taking him out to enjoy a little of what Denver has to offer.

hmmm.

buckwheats?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)