RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

It's going to be hard for everyone to agree on what exactly an Rpg is or should be. I think even devs' ideas of what an Rpg is have changed over the years. We have so many games labeled Rpg now days that would have never been tolerated as rpg's in the 90's and vice versa. I don't think the Rpg genre has evolved, I think it has broadened but in that affect has been tarnished some.

Fallout 4 is labeled a pure action rpg but has been tainted with tower defense, fps, and other genres which I feel take away or overshadow the rpg aspect. Also, there really isn't any "choice" in dialouge - as you're forced to be the good guy. It's a step backward from Fallout 3 and NV. Still some peeps call it the best rpg in recent years :(

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Bethesda was at least smart enough to not have RPG on their game case

But they didn't put "Hiking Simulator" either.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Speaking of the Stalker series, the Stalker bundle is currently on sale for $9.99 on Steam. Whether you hate Steam or not, if you haven't tried the games, that's so worth it!

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Speaking of the Stalker series, the Stalker bundle is currently on sale for $9.99 on Steam. Whether you hate Steam or not, if you haven't tried the games, that's so worth it!

They're also on gog, though not on sale at the moment, if you dislike steam.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

True, the bundle is $39.97 on GoG currently and $9.99 on Steam. If you don't like Steam, you can wait for GoG sale but there's no telling how soon or how later that would be.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/459220/

Finally, all you PC only gamers will be able to play the only game that has me on the credit roll that's not as a Kickstarter Backer or for moderating these boards.

And maybe I'll finally get around to playing a release copy.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Does anyone know how much Stafe will cost at launch?

Cool, just wondering.

I refunded 88 Heroes and bought Hollow Knight - I want to see just how good it is. People are raving about it.

I think Flinthook or One Dog Story is next for me.

• Like 1

I've grown quite tired of grimdark, to be honest. I meed a break from the eternal darkness for a while.

086.png

• Like 7

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken