What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

That great big mimic hunts you no matter what, I'm pretty sure.

I recall the explanation for it being that since you installed the Typhoon mods it was created as a reaction to your foreign presence in their hive mind, or something like that. It made sense since the first time it appears was when you first install your Typhoon mod and whenever you install them in great quantities it shows up. 

I was afraid at the first few showings but when I maxed my offensive Typhoon mods I actually look forward to meeting it. Good source of resources.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Chess.

Been years since I've played and my homie was talking about his nice chess board he's had for years and never gets to play. On sob fault because this is first time he's said anything bout it lol. We played a few games and hours fly by.

Was alot of fun and though many mistakes were made, was a **** load of fun.

• Like 1

I was lucky and got for big discount and bought like a month ago (and prices have gone up in my country after that) this gaming laptop.
I play at FULL HD max settings these games and for Pillars of Eternity I also use third party software for SweetFx effects with more
deeper colors and better shader effects.

I have tried both Blade and Soul and Tera but I did not like them.

Games that I have liked most so far and play currently though to be honest taking break with all other games
while trying to finish Pillars of Eternity solo game.

Pillars of Eternity, Battlefield 3 (this is my first BF Game that I have tried), Heroes of Might and Magic 6
They are different Pillars of Eternity is Dungeons Dragons mixed with computer game rules single player roleplaying adventure,
Battlefield 3 (I can try Battlefield 4 and newest Battlefield later(if they go down in price a lot) besides in graphics Battlefield 3 is enough good) for being so old game it has really nice graphics first person shooter. Heroes of Might and Magic 6 is turn based strategy.

This is my performance/price gaming laptop:
Acer Aspire VX5-591G 15.6" GAMING LAPTOP (black)
15.6 inch screen easy to carry into airplane even if you move to another country.
CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ
That is Kaby Lake newest of Intel consumer market CPUS.
This particular Kaby Lake is 4 cores and 3,5GHz in TURBO MODE.

Graphic card: Nvidia GTX 1050Ti, 4 GB DDR5

Source:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3134528/components-graphics/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-and-gtx-1050-ti-review-the-new-budget-gaming-champions.html?page=10
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti review: The new budget gaming champions
www.pcworld.com
Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti are the best graphics cards for budget gamers and people looking to upgrade a prebuilt "big box" PC.

"
Bottom line

Nvidia truly knocked it out of the park with the GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti. Not only are these graphics cards a worthy successor (and worthwhile upgrade) for the legendary GTX 750 Ti, Nvidia’s cards are notably cooler, notably more power-efficient, and notably more powerful than AMD’s Radeon RX 460. "

Memory: 8 GB DDR4 RAM,
what is needed for gaming.
1 TB HDD
what no SSD? Does not affect gaming, but Windows boots/starts slower.

Operating system: Windows 10.

Why not Heroes 7? It has bad reviews and low budget production so I settled for Heroes 6. Why Battefield 3? It has enough good

graphics and I got it for bargain price 8 euro+shipping. Why Pillars of Eternity? Well it reminds me of Baldurs Gate.

Why not MMOS? I have played World of Warcraft MMO and Neverwinter MMO both in the past but both are huge TIME SINKS and I

don't like the subfee in WOW. I dream of early retirement way before pension age and live fairly frugally (savy person i.e I don't spend much money and

I do have credit card, but avoid using credit), Perhaps I want to

retire at age 50.

My dream is not some totally unrealistic dream. I am fairly respected (not a newbie that rent one apartment to others) member, but not a millionaire in

Finnish Landlord Association

http://vuokranantajat.fi/en/

Well could I become millionaire? It is difficult to estimate (but hard for me unless I marry someone with well money)  first of all In Europe we don't count pension money to our networth as Americans do. We also have clearly less salary in my country Finland then say USA or Norway. If I would marry someone that would be wealthy as me well then million net worth... whatever love and family is more important of course.

Money rules the world but I ain't so rich as this rapper character is in this music video. Look at the car (usually millionaires throw money and have cars like that not saying majority of them do that, but they could do that) and the cash throwing:

Edited by Terminator

the bots appear to be evolving

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

***Snip***

All I can say is that my Alienware Alpha has an 860m gtx which is technically far weaker than the 1050ti, yet it outperforms it in most cases so idk. Start there :p

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

the bots appear to be evolving

Embrace it, there will come the day when bot is hardly different from human and we will find that the person that we thought we know from all those years is just a bot.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm actually not one hundred percent sure if they are a bot, but jeeze Louise, they sure mostly write like one. Their posts are mostly total nonsense randomly stringed together that looks super bot-ish, but then there are a few things in it that make you think maybe it's not. This post is probably their worst so far, as it doesn't make any clear callbacks to previous posts, which their other posts actually did (which made me originally think they weren't a bot). Maybe they're a bot that has a little manual input or something - I'm not sure. Either way, the link spamming/advertising sure is annoying.

(e): I don't know how to spell "Louise", apparently.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Doing the Wine Wars quest in Blood & Wine but that's about it. My second cat which I recently adopted is taking all of my time. I have to watch after him so he doesn't get attacked by the bigger she cat. 

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to name him Ignus, now the the little thing inserts his claws right into my back and climbs his way all the way up to my shoulders. :3 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

***Snip***

All I can say is that my Alienware Alpha has an 860m gtx which is technically far weaker than the 1050ti, yet it outperforms it in most cases so idk. Start there :p

In performance my graphic card wins your graphic card in gaming clearly. I do know that Alien ware is known to have high end computers so your CPU and amount of RAM might be better then mine.

For you information Nvidia 800 , 900 (and older) series are tuned down for laptop versions. Nvidia 1000 series is not tuned down

for laptops it is same perfomance as in desktop. My graphic card wins for example laptop Nvidia 970m, but is slightly slower then

desktop Nvidia 970 4 GB DDR5.

Anyway it is no competition between us. If you are happy with your current hardware then enjoy the games that you play :yes: .

I'm actually not one hundred percent sure if they are a bot, but jeeze Louise, they sure mostly write like one. Their posts are mostly total nonsense randomly stringed together that looks super bot-ish, but then there are a few things in it that make you think maybe it's not. This post is probably their worst so far, as it doesn't make any clear callbacks to previous posts, which their other posts actually did (which made me originally think they weren't a bot). Maybe they're a bot that has a little manual input or something - I'm not sure. Either way, the link spamming/advertising sure is annoying.

(e): I don't know how to spell "Louise", apparentlyuman

My oh are we sensitive here? Well user name Terminator actually refers to a Cyborg. Honestly though I am 100% human. Well the money/wealth thing was offtopic, but retiring earlier mean I have more time to play. Advertising? What do I advertise and it was a review of my hardware.

Look if you think my computer can run anything with nice performance at FULL HD max settings you are wrong.

Two games come into my mind that are super demanding. Try for example Ashes of Singularity with Direct X12 and max settings FULL HD and forget

the vastly underestimated (at least for Direct X12 max settings FULL HD) official recommended hardware for that game. Try for example Conan Exile MMO with FULL HD max settings that has recommended graphic card  Nvidia 1070 8 GB DDR5!

I know my limits, but have decided that I don't need to play those two games. Ashes of Singularity not so interested in it has not cool units like Supreme Commander, but if it comes much down in price I might play it with Direct X11 settings and not super demanding Direct X12 settings.

Edited by Terminator

Maybe he is using google translate? That tends to mess with sentence structure quite a bit.

My mother tongue is not English. You have to excuse my grammar and sentences. I can however watch movies in English without any subtitles. Look at the video it is done by an expert that explains laptop budget graphic cards. I respect that expert and he clearly knows what he is talking about.

Edited by Terminator

Well, I apologize if you're not a bot...but...what the heck is this, then?

This is my performance/price gaming laptop:

Acer Aspire VX5-591G 15.6" GAMING LAPTOP (black)

15.6 inch screen easy to carry into airplane even if you move to another country.

CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ

That is Kaby Lake newest of Intel consumer market CPUS.

This particular Kaby Lake is 4 cores and 3,5GHz in TURBO MODE.

Graphic card: Nvidia GTX 1050Ti, 4 GB DDR5

Source:

(link removed)

www.pcworld.com

Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti are the best graphics cards for budget gamers and people looking to upgrade a prebuilt "big box" PC.

"

Bottom line

Nvidia truly knocked it out of the park with the GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti. Not only are these graphics cards a worthy successor (and worthwhile upgrade) for the legendary GTX 750 Ti, Nvidia’s cards are notably cooler, notably more power-efficient, and notably more powerful than AMD’s Radeon RX 460. "

Memory: 8 GB DDR4 RAM,

what is needed for gaming.

1 TB HDD

what no SSD? Does not affect gaming, but Windows boots/starts slower.

Operating system: Windows 10.

Why not Heroes 7? It has bad reviews and low budget production so I settled for Heroes 6. Why Battefield 3? It has enough good

graphics and I got it for bargain price 8 euro+shipping. Why Pillars of Eternity? Well it reminds me of Baldurs Gate.

Why not MMOS? I have played World of Warcraft MMO and Neverwinter MMO both in the past but both are huge TIME SINKS and I

don't like the subfee in WOW. I dream of early retirement way before pension age and live fairly frugally (savy person i.e I don't spend much money and

I do have credit card, but avoid using credit), Perhaps I want to

retire at age 50.

My dream is not some totally unrealistic dream. I am fairly respected (not a newbie that rent one apartment to others) member, but not a millionaire in

Finnish Landlord Association

(link removed)

Well could I become millionaire? It is difficult to estimate (but hard for me unless I marry someone with well money)  first of all In Europe we don't count pension money to our networth as Americans do. We also have clearly less salary in my country Finland then say USA or Norway. If I would marry someone that would be wealthy as me well then million net worth... whatever love and family is more important of course.

Money rules the world but I ain't so rich as this rapper character is in this music video. Look at the car (usually millionaires throw money and have cars like that not saying majority of them do that, but they could do that) and the cash throwing:

(link removed)

This stuff would be hard to follow even if it were on topic...and the line-breaks appear to be totally random (one paragraph, you're using them very liberally and cutting every sentence in half for no apparent reason, while in another paragraph, you don't use them at all?), and the way you're pasting links everywhere makes it look like you're advertising. What's going on, man? :unsure:

Maybe he is using google translate? That tends to mess with sentence structure quite a bit.

The sentence structure isn't even very bad. If you read the sentences in isolation, it's pretty readable. When taking everything as a whole is where things seem to go wrong, because it's like an endless list of segues. I've moderated other forums before, and it really reminds me of some of the slightly more subtle spam I've seen over the years...but uh, I guess it's not.

Edited by Bartimaeus

New info: It does not matter if you have Nvidia 1060 6GB DDR5 it will get a beating at ultra settings

in Ashes of Singularity regardless if Direct X 11 or Direct X12.

The darker blue color performance bar is FULL HD resolution which I use for games:

Now can people stop being envious of my hardware please? There exist games that will slaughter my graphic card at max settings FULL HD though those are a minority of current games that exist. If you wanna be envious how about a player that has Nvidia 1080 8GB DDR5 or a Ferrari car?

Edited by Terminator

There is also a subforum where the more tech savvy members tend to talk about this stuff:

http://forums.obsidian.net/forum/54-skeeters-junkyard/

Thanks for that link. Now all forum members please don't respond to my posts here and I will let it rest. Next poster can talk about their personal favorite games. Originally I copied that hardware description from the place that sells that computer. I am to lazy to edit that now. Give it a rest now already. Yeah you are correct it might look as advertising if you are very critical. For example when they list hardware they tend to list memory in one line. Whatever lets move on and next poster can talk about his or her favorite games.

Edited by Terminator

I'm about 30 hours into Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and it's getting a bit dull. The characters are still great, but the plot is stagnating into what I can only call a bunch of pointless skits. Spending an hour reading about the characters experimenting with tree sap to create sweets is cute and all, but I can't help to feel they could have moved the plot along instead.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm always amazed people have time for second playthroughs.

It's easier than it might seem. You just have to not waste your time on first playthroughs of bad games ;-)

Not really, digital distribution led to an explosion of good games. Besides, I don't buy anything from EA, Activision or Ubisoft, so that cuts down 90%.
  • Like 2

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I'm always amazed people have time for second playthroughs.

It's easier than it might seem. You just have to not waste your time on first playthroughs of bad games ;-)
Not really, digital distribution led to an explosion of good games. Besides, I don't buy anything from EA, Activision or Ubisoft, so that cuts down 90%.

Heh. It was meant as a little sarcastic remark :-) TBH I am in similar situation, despite "boycotting" Steam, EA, Ubisoft, Activision and trying to buy only the most quality games (which is purely subjective), my backlog is growing and growing.

Actually my girlfriend started to play her first computer game ever yesterday (Deponia), so I hope some of my backlog will be of good use in her hands in the next few months :-)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm playing The Witcher. It's been in my backlog for, uh... years now. Tried it before but couldn't get into it and gave up shortly after the prologue.

I guess my expectations and tolerance for drudgery have really been affected by Mass Defect.

Joking aside, it's fun enough, so far. Just finished Act I. I'm actually not even minding the combat, simplistic as it is.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'm playing The Witcher. It's been in my backlog for, uh... years now. Tried it before but couldn't get into it and gave up shortly after the prologue.

I guess my expectations and tolerance for drudgery have really been affected by Mass Defect.

Joking aside, it's fun enough, so far. Just finished Act I. I'm actually not even minding the combat, simplistic as it is.

Remember, quen, swallow, tawny owl spam is the surest way to victory.

If you ever find yourself stuck in a swamp dying of boredom amongst respawning hordes of annoying but ultimately harmless enemies keep in mind... it ends. Eventually. Don't let the swamp bog you down.

Haw haw. How exceedingly clever.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Trying to get an understanding of how areas of effect work in Baldur's Gate. What I'm learning from the vanilla spells is that every time the spell description says it's a 30 foot radius, it's a 30 foot radius. Every time it says a 20 foot radius, it's actually a 30 foot radius. If it says it's a 10 foot radius, it's also a 30 foot radius. If it's a 3 foot radius, it's actually, yes, you guessed it, a 30 foot radius. If, on other hand, it's a 5 foot radius, it might just be...a 7.5 foot radius. I don't know much about how areas of effect work from what I've seen so far, and from the looks of it, neither did BioWare when they made this game, regardless of what they were writing in the spell descriptions.

All I was trying to do was to fix a spell whose area of effect I noticed was wrong...and all I figured out was that literally almost every spell that is supposed to be anything besides a 30 foot radius or just a single target is also wrong. Thanks, BioWare.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Now can people stop being envious of my hardware please? There exist games that will slaughter my graphic card at max settings FULL HD though those are a minority of current games that exist. If you wanna be envious how about a player that has Nvidia 1080 8GB DDR5 or a Ferrari car?

I don't think anyone here is envious of your hardware... if anything your rig could use a few upgrades. The Alienware Alpha I have was a gift from my wife to use for traveling.

Here is the pc that I built for 4k gaming...

••• PC1 Custom Desktop •••

Cpu: AMD Vashira 8-Core @4.5ghz

Gpu: nVidia 1080ti (8gb)

System Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB DDR3-2400

Storage: Samsung 750 EVO 500GB 2.5" SSD +Seagate 4TB 3.5" HDD

Case: NZXT Phantom P240 (Mystic Black) ATX-Mid

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX (Fully Modular)

There is also a subforum where the more tech savvy members tend to talk about this stuff:

http://forums.obsidian.net/forum/54-skeeters-junkyard/

Thanks for that link. Now all forum members please don't respond to my posts here and I will let it rest. Next poster can talk about their personal favorite games. Originally I copied that hardware description from the place that sells that computer. I am to lazy to edit that now. Give it a rest now already. Yeah you are correct it might look as advertising if you are very critical. For example when they list hardware they tend to list memory in one line. Whatever lets move on and next poster can talk about his or her favorite games.
Well you made several walls of text and they weren't replying to anybody, they were just bragging about low-end hardware and strange "tips" that were really out of place. You do realize that these gpu's you are bragging about are low-end right? 970 gtx is pretty much the standard now and 1080's/Titans are the high end gpus on the market.

I'm wondering why my ultra low-end 860m laptop gpu outperforms the 1050ti when playing The Division which is by far one of the more demanding tests anyone has done between the two gpu's. You don't have to respond with a page of info, I was just wondering (not asking) ;)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...