What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Almost done Alan Wake. The stage fight was as fun as I was led to believe.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I finished Horizon Zero Dawn yesterday. I think the story was simply brilliant, but I apparently have no tolerance for these open world games anymore. I gave up on a bunch of the menial junk quests and collectibles about halfway through and rushed the story. And I still got tired of listening to the characters blather about their silly sundoms and lost loves.

Also I need an intervention. The only question is exactly what kind. This list goes to 166.

attachicon.gifqueue.png

Sorry, but I have bad news for you.

https://www.gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky_the_3rd_the

That coming out so recently is why those two games are so high on the list.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think I am getting close to the end of my Prey run. This game has done a fantastic job of leading me along. You rarely encounter anyone other than corpses for the first 2/3 of the game, so when you start to meet people, it's quite a shock. There is also a lot of choice here.

The game's fantastic at keeping itself fresh. There's at least 2 fairly big shifts in dynamic while playing through it, along with the one that creeps up on you as you get more powerful

• Like 1

Dammit, you guys are tempting me to buy Prey.

Also, tried Titanfall 2 Multiplayer today and while I am impressed with the mechanics and the amazing gun sounds(second to none, really...not even DICE) I have no idea why you have bots involved in matches with players. Somehow it feels weird to kill 1 real player, 5 "minions" and then suddenly get shot by a real player. It's kind of disorienting.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I started on FO4 since I got it 50% off.

I think so far I have spend more time trying to get mods to work for nicer textures than actually playing.

The game told me I need to craft beds. So I was confronted with the whole settlement building system. Seems too much work. Will have to look for a mod that simply adds the settlements all build. No way I'll bother with trying to fit things in between ruins, rubble and everything else that is in the way.

I spent most of my time staring at loading screens. All the other stuff I could get over, but the loading times were the final straw...

Well, glad the end boss of Alan Wake didn't have me shooting darkened cable anchors. Neat game, combat got tedious at points but there were some challenging bits and the style of the game was cool

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Started playing Prey.  Very early on.  Music will suddenly start playing loud even though there's nothing actually in the room.  Very odd.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm almost done with Wild Arms XF and I have reached the second disc of Grandia. I have a strong urge to start playing either Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of Symphonia or Tales of Zestiria. In other words, I want to play a Tales game.

• Like 1

Finally got around to completing Bioshock HD.  It's been cool to see why I loved this game back in 2008 but holy frick the last two hours are just hell.  Babysitting that little sister was a ridiculous grind and I somehow ended up with absolutely no heath kits for the Fontaine battle at the end  :banghead:

As glorious as it once was, I can safely say that I'll never play this game again.

I'm continuing to go ham on HITMAN.  Finding new ways to kill targets is endlessly entertaining.  

I think I'm also going to start my second playthrough of Bound By Flame.  I went full demon last time, so I'll go minimum demon this time.  I won't get to look anywhere near as cool, but oh well.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Back to Witcher 3: Blood & Wine. 

Couldn't finish any game after Titanfall 2 so I decided to go back to the beautiful kingdom of Toussaint. 

Though there is one game I am quite enjoying on the PS Vita: Killzone: Mercenary. Very impressive title, not just for a handheld but in general. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Finally got the ability to repair turrets in Prey.  They're such a life saver.  I just set them up where they can cover an entire room, then they go to town anytime a mimic or phantom enters their line of sight.

Good thing, too, because my character's weapons suck.  :down:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finally got the ability to repair turrets in Prey.  They're such a life saver.  I just set them up where they can cover an entire room, then they go to town anytime a mimic or phantom enters their line of sight.

Good thing, too, because my character's weapons suck.  :down:

Yeah, I survived much of the game by carrying those things around.

I'm almost done with Wild Arms XF and I have reached the second disc of Grandia. I have a strong urge to start playing either Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of Symphonia or Tales of Zestiria. In other words, I want to play a Tales game.

You know you want to Platinum Xillia 2 :-D

Anyway. Have you finished Tales of Berseria yet? If not, I think playing it before Tales of Zestiria makes more sense. Or it's your 2nd playthrough of ToZ?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I started my Bound By Flame second playthrough and decided to go twin dagger ranger style, rather than the big 2 handed axe I used last time.  I generally prefer the combat style of a slow, big weapon, where you have to be patient, parry, then go in for one or two big attacks when an opening presents itself to the quick, jump in almost whenever you want and stab away in a flurry of twin daggers.  I will admit that the single target DPS of twin daggers is pretty satisfying, though.  It's particularly great against ranged enemies, since I'm more mobile to begin with and can close the ground more quickly, then when I reach melee range archers just straight up melt to my daggers.

I may also try a heavily pyromancer-focused build in the future, though I have my doubts that you can go full mage in this game.  Even with the perks you get from going full demon and every magic focused item and upgrade you can wear at the same time, I still think my character won't have the mana pool and mana regen to exclusively hurl fireballs at enemies.  I'd wind up either having to fall back to a weapon when my mana runs out, or running around like a chicken with my head cut off, kiting enemies, while my mana regens.  It might be possible to do a pyromancer/crossbow build, though, where the fallback weapon is the crossbow rather than either the daggers or a two-hander.  I wonder if there's enough ammo in the game to make that work, though. 

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Spending some time with the old PS4 lately, playing Yakuza Zero (2 years late to the party) while I wait for the Tekken 7 next month. The combat system is so-so (although the sheer violence of smashing peoples' heads into walls is fun), but the writing is pretty good. And I love how it reflects the sheer wealth and indulgences of the Bubble period of Japan.

Well from European point of view, you are not much late to the party, we got it released here at the beginning of 2017 :-D

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I platinumed Nier: Automata. I still have some DLC challenges to do, so I didn't delete the save for a second time.

Not committing to anything since I have Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception arriving tomorrow.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."