What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

I played and beat an Invizimals game I got with PS+. I'm not joking.

TLDR: If you liked System Shock or Bioshock and are not a Katphood, buy Prey. You won't be sorry.

lol!  See, kids?! This is why this place is awesome.

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

ok, now game thrown me into fight 8 (enemy) vs 6 (me) where enemy have 4 archers in cover (you can't shoot back) miles away from me, I am in open field without any cover and enemy have first turn. I think I will soon end in on psychiatry ward....

Expeditions: Vikings? Always start with everyone equipped with shields. You have two weapon sets. It will help. If it's not about said game, I'll show myself out.

yeah vikings, how far you are? and don't worry, already know that trick with shields...

I haven't started the full game yet, but I did play the first campaign when the game was still in alpha and beta. It seems most tactics that worked then, also works in the full game. Be sure to have one or two spear wielders. I also loved the axes. My main character and Gunnar were dual wielding them and we wrecked **** up. There was one fight that destroyed me, but I came back to that one after gaining a few skill points and better gear.

There we go, finished Prey, took me ... 23 hours, apparently. That was one hell of an ending, now I kinda feel like playing it again, even tho I did expect it, in a way. The whole ending sequence was rather nerve-wracking, like lifted from a proper sci-fi thriller. Avellone was doing writing on this, wasn't he? At any rate, well done, and the game did take a few turns I did not end up expecting.

I do like that instead of just farting out slowly like games like these tend to do, it ended on a fairly high note.

Generally, the whole thing left me feeling like I stepped into a well-written sci-fi novel with a lot of player agency on top of it. It's not particularly original in that context, but I don't think I've ever seen a game ... Progress ... In this manner. And I also really like that the game paced itself properly - slowly uncovering new aspects that it presents you with. Quite a surprise.

which makes me wonder if they have plans to pick it up with a follow-on game.

I think the ending kinda has to remain ambiguous for it to work, otherwise they'd ruin the whole point. Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Playing a little bit of Deadpool. Somehow, the premise works a lot better with a video game. Enjoying it!

Avellone was doing writing on this, wasn't he?

Yup.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I am trying to resist the urge to buy Prey, since I have a backlog, it is expensive, and I am still a bit sore they dropped the previous themes. :/

I failed.  ;(

Meh, I'm not paying $60 for a PC game. Even back when I was buying console DVD's I could usually find a sale for $10 off.
  • Like 2

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Yup, that's why I have an account over at Green Man Gaming. If, like me, you're worried about origin of the keys, GMG actually started publishing that in "Source" section on a game's page ever since their keys origins were scrutinized at one point - Prey specifically was supposedly supplied by Bethesda Softworks themselves. Prey's currently priced at 48 Euro for registered users.

Playing a little bit of Deadpool. Somehow, the premise works a lot better with a video game. Enjoying it!

Yup, Deadpool was a lot of fun. Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2

Indeed, I'm a GMG VIP since a couple of years back, and this time I got Prey for 31 something quid. Steam said 59.99 Euro. Why pay too much for new digital stuff? :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I am trying to resist the urge to buy Prey, since I have a backlog, it is expensive, and I am still a bit sore they dropped the previous themes. :/

I failed.  ;(
Meh, I'm not paying $60 for a PC game. Even back when I was buying console DVD's I could usually find a sale for $10 off.

I have a well worth paying job but I rarely buy games at $60. Maybe I've become cheap, or maybe I've become extremely picky when it comes to AAA titles. However, that new Darksiders 3 games is one of those exceptions, Ace Combat 7 is another.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

When I preorder new games I usually buy them from GMG for the discounts. So far all of my keys obtained from them remain intact.

I've also purchased several games that were on sale on GMG. Overall, it seems to be a pretty decent merchant site.

Edited by Belle Sorciere

Shields aren't great for your actual fighting set but great to keep in your default set so you don't get slaughtered at the start of combat since the enemy goes first most of the time. I agree with you on archery and dual wielding daggers also throwing is good for another free attack if you can swing it, I do like dane axes more than spears though.

Darn it, I forgot about dane axes.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Shields aren't great for your actual fighting set but great to keep in your default set so you don't get slaughtered at the start of combat since the enemy goes first most of the time. I agree with you on archery and dual wielding daggers also throwing is good for another free attack if you can swing it, I do like dane axes more than spears though.

well, is that last skill in throwing free action? Its not in tooltip, also what stat is damage for throwing?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well, the rock throw is a free action but more points in throwing improve the accuracy. It says perception is the governing stat but you need a strength of like 4 to take it. The last skill, the axe throw (and person toss too) costs an attack action. Max rank knife also give you a free action attack for half damage which is one of the reasons I recommend it.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Well, the rock throw is a free action but more points in throwing improve the accuracy. It says perception is the governing stat but you need a strength of like 4 to take it. The last skill, the axe throw (and person toss too) costs an attack action. Max rank knife also give you a free action attack for half damage which is one of the reasons I recommend it.

well than i don't see much reason in taking axe throw instead of other action...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

well, is that last skill in throwing free action? Its not in tooltip, also what stat is damage for throwing?

It ain't about damaging, the free throw has a chance to give someone the harried status and there is a perk that increases damage against harried enemies. 

So free throw leads to harried plus charge equals one hit kill.

Shields are good in a support role, either stunning enemies for deathblow or using protect to buff companions.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Finished Persona 5. Back to Horizon.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

MOTHER 2/EarthBound. It's pretty good. Not sure if I'd rate it that much higher than M1, though - a few innovations in the combat and encounter systems, and better characterization of your party members, but not quite as good music, I don't think. It's not often that I feel an NES game has better music than an SNES game, but while M1's music was simpler, it was simpler in a good way. M2's is like...too avant-garde for my tastes or something.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

So I've been playing Prey for a couple days, and now I wake up at night and think things are crawling across the ceiling.  >_<

Playing games before going to bed sometimes gives me the weirdest dreams. TTON was especially good at this what with those overextensive descriptions of the damndest things.

• Like 4

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

So I've been playing Prey for a couple days, and now I wake up at night and think things are crawling across the ceiling.  >_<

When I was playing "Alan Wake" I would get a feeling of safety whenever I was driving at night and saw a lighted gas station.
  • Like 3

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

When I was playing "Alan Wake" I would get a feeling of safety whenever I was driving at night and saw a lighted gas station.

After playing Portal, I'd fall asleep and have strange dreams of falling into places.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

And I've suddenly taken an aversion to lav rolls, while at the same developing a twisted love towards shot gun pump action, coz I loathe me some phantoms. 

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

You got me there! I mean, I have enjoyed him since Doom came out decades ago, but in this game, that sweet over-and-under feels like necessity. :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot