Politics 2017

Wrath of Dagon

So you don't think the press lied by using for comparison a picture taken before the crowd filled in?

you didn't watch the video, did you? you can see inauguration crowd from start to finish.  and again, nielsen ratings, and transit numbers also reinforced what were evident in the aerial images. 

gotta work hard to believe those alternative facts.  come up with conspiracy theories.  choose to believe photos from limited angles. ignore transit and nielsen and hotel and dress shop feedback. is what we were talking 'bout 'bove with people wanting to believe the outliers.  either a dozen major media outlets, the dc transit authority and the nielsen folks is all in on the fix, Or...

why work so hard? 

HA! Good Fun!

Chemtrails, obviously.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

So you don't think the press lied by using for comparison a picture taken before the crowd filled in?

you didn't watch the video, did you? you can see inauguration crowd from start to finish.  and again, nielsen ratings, and transit numbers also reinforced what were evident in the aerial images. 

gotta work hard to believe those alternative facts.  come up with conspiracy theories.  choose to believe photos from limited angles. ignore transit and nielsen and hotel and dress shop feedback. is what we were talking 'bout 'bove with people wanting to believe the outliers.  either a dozen major media outlets, the dc transit authority and the nielsen folks is all in on the fix, Or...

why work so hard? 

HA! Good Fun!

I saw it, towards the end of the video it starts zooming and it's hard to tell exactly what time the video ends. I'm not saying Trump's crowds were bigger or anything like that, but you can clearly see in the gigapixel I linked the crowd went all the way back to Washington Monument as Trump said, and why would NYT use a picture from 45 minutes before the swearing in for comparison instead of during, if not to mislead?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

why work so hard? 

HA! Good Fun!

I saw it, towards the end of the video it starts zooming and it's hard to tell exactly what time the video ends. I'm not saying Trump's crowds were bigger or anything like that, but you can clearly see in the gigapixel I linked the crowd went all the way back to Washington Monument as Trump said, and why would NYT use a picture from 45 minutes before the swearing in for comparison instead of during, if not to mislead?

dear lord.  you are proving our point.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Why, if not to mislead? Never attribute to malice what you can attribute to laziness. The other picture probably looked nicer, or made it funnier, or was just the first one the grabbed because who the **** cares? What does it matter if they picked a moment where there was 45% less people or 44% less (completely hypothetical numbers, I give no ****s at all as to how many people attended) if the conclusion remains the same? Oh no, media bias, they barely misrepresented me at all!

Edited by TrueNeutral

Your point is to argue endlessly while completely ignoring whatever point your opponent is making.

the hypocrisy is strong with you. argue endlessly while ignoring responses?

*shrug*

can't tell when video ends?  it is continuous for chrissakes.  when crowd begins to shrink, is kinda obvious the inauguration is over.

you are working hard to believe alternative facts.  the aerial video refutes what you claim to see in the photo taken from a limited ground level view, and you ignore how at least a dozen news outlets produced similar aerial photos (which largely reflect what is seen in the video) and instead craft a conspiracy theory which  ignores the Fact that trump and his press secretary lied 'bout crowd size. multiple news outlets. transit authority. nielsen. they is all in on the fix. 

HA! Good Fun!

(edit: failed to space before signature... didn't wanna mislead 'bout actual length o' our post.)

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The gigapixel is clearly not ground level, you can see a platform well above the crowd from above. But OK, may be I'm missing something in the video, can you tell which video time is 12 pm in DC? Edit: And again, my main point is that the picture that NYT used, and the one that's been republished most often, is the one 45 minutes before the swearing in, why is that according to you?

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

HA! Good Fun!

(edit: failed to space before signature... didn't wanna mislead 'bout actual length o' our post.)

I'm curious but I feel like Ive asked this before and cant remember the answer.... Do you type "HA! Good Fun!" manually every time or just once and Ctrl + V every time after that?

The gigapixel is clearly not ground level, you can see a platform well above the crowd from above. But OK, may be I'm missing something in the video, can you tell which video time is 12 pm in DC? Edit: And again, my main point is that the picture that NYT used, and the one that's been republished most often, is the one 45 minutes before the swearing in, why is that according to you?

At the moment when it stopped timelapse and started to zoom in.

The gigapixel is clearly not ground level, 

for chrissakes.  and you got nerve to complain 'bout nyt misleading? is a very limited camera angle compared to the genuine aerial views.

why the hell you need to know exact time? from video you can see from predawn to completion and never does crowd genuine extend to washington monument.

puhlease.

and yeah, we type signature every single time... is tradition from old interplay boards.

HA! Good Fun!

ps again, for wod conspiracy to be plausible, we must need accept that every other news outlet which showed similar aerial photos were likewise in on the fix.  need marginalize dc transit and nielsen numbers.  trump and his press secretary lied.  you wanna fixate on a photo from nyt you think is misleading but you "argue endlessly while completely ignoring whatever point your opponent is making." the world o' news outlets and numerous other sources is being ignored by you. why work so hard?

Edited by Gromnir

At the moment when it stopped timelapse and started to zoom in.

Yes, it confused me because they started zooming just when you want to see the whole thing for comparison. So that's at 44 mark, and you can see the last square before the monument is mostly empty, just like it is in the gigapixel.

All right, so in your opinion - was this the most popular inauguration event of all time? Not trying to goat you into anything, I just want to know whether you feel that Trump and the press corp is more reliable than the media in general.

Fortune favors the bald.

I never thought Trump was particularly reliable, but his press people should be more careful with the facts. Clearly Spicer got carried away when he claimed the biggest audience ever, both in person and on TV. In total audience he may well be right, since more people have TV's now, there's a lot of interest in Trump in both China and Russia, and in most countries he's been presented as a modern day hitler, which is sure to peak interest. We may not ever know the total TV audience though. The media is definitely very dishonest and out to get him every chance they have, while they were actively covering for Obama and his lies. No question about that either.

yo_obama.jpg

"Yo Obama, I'm really happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but Trump attracted the biggest crowd of all time. OF ALL TIME!"

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

for funsies

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000004887057/comparing-inauguration-crowds.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/politics/donald-trump-barack-obama-inauguration-crowd-size/?iid=ob_lockedrail_bottommedium

the image used by cnn is identical to the photos used by the nytimes... or near enough one cannot tell w/o a magnifying class and a whole lotta free time. cnn observes the Getty photo being used was taken during trump's speech.

what kinda delusion has a person see inauguration comparisons and they conclude the media lies while spicer and trump simple got "carried away." HA! regardless, is many news outlets reporting same, and sources other than media (transit and nielsen, plus a dozen or so dress shops and hotels) adding to support to media as 'posed to trump.  who in their right mind would use inauguration crowd size as evidence o' media falsehood when it is a far better example o' trump being a pathological fabulist?

is reminiscent o' the moon landing conspiracy theory thread we had on this board.  no matter the evidence or science used, there were still folks who were compelled to come to conclusions exact opposite o' what a reasonable person would reach.  were baffling.

HA! Good Fun! 

• Like 1

They're not identical, you're confused because the CNN photo is more zoomed out. Again, NYT purposefully used the photo taken 45 minutes before, and Trump was right that the crowd went all the way to the monument, especially from the height he was looking, if you ignore the one empty square, which he wouldn't have seen anyway. Spicer shouldn't have said what he said, I agree.

FACT: The media lied and tried to downplay how many people showed up for Trump's iaugaration.

FACT: Trump's teamr eturned the favor and went overboard.

FACT:  Media apologists and fake news lovers will support the lying media NO MATTER WHAT.

FACT: Trump supporters will support Trump over the media NO MATTER WHAT.

FACT: I enjoy the BUTTHURT. Even in my tiny dumbass city 80 fn people had a stupid march. IDIOTS. IDIOTS EVERYWHERE.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I watched a chunk of the inauguration 5 times today with students. It wasnt until the 3rd viewing that I really got a grip on it. I think it was supposed to be a hopeful speech meant to unite, but the body language and moments of tone change really made it sound more combative. There is an entire part about how we will not force other countries to live lile us, but rather set a great example. That is a great part, but it was overshadowed by rhetoric on ISIS. :/

I don't get why Trump is trying to boost his portrayed audience size rather than just concede that there was no way he was going to attract a larger crowd than the first black president in a majority black city that votes 90%+ democrat.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg