RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Yeah, same studio, same engine. The engine for T3 had been much improved over DXIW though, T3 could scarcely have been made with levels of IW's size. I can't really give an objective reason for liking T3 (kind of) and disliking DXIW though, it's just one of those things where everything about DXIW was off from what I wanted, and while T3 was far from perfect I could at least appreciate the effort that went in and get enjoyment from what did work.

Speaking of, you can now get Origin Access for 25EUR/30 bucks per year. EA also keeps adding more Vault games, so for your 25/30 currency, you can play the new Battlefront, Aragami, Unravel, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, DA: Collectquisition or Furi to your heart's content. Here's the full list. Seems pretty damn worth it.

You can give me my paycheck now, EA.

• Like 2

Hm, and White Wolf have announced that there's a Werewolf The Apocalpyse computer game coming. There's a base website that is purely the front cover and no details beyond it being for pc and console.

http://www.werewolf-videogame.com/

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I stumbled upon this now.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=301883

I'm really interested in how it turns out, though I hated playing the PnP game, I blame that on the GM at the time who was far too fond of his Mary Sue NPCs.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Hm, and White Wolf have announced that there's a Werewolf The Apocalpyse computer game coming. There's a base website that is purely the front cover and no details beyond it being for pc and console.

http://www.werewolf-videogame.com/

I'm not a fan of the Werewolf setting and I hope they have a(n Obsidian) Vampire game in the works as well

I think it'd be pretty cool if they did a Changeling or Demon game though

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Warewolf VG good to see, there is not enought Mystery games (in comparison to Zombies) so every single counts.

Cyanide... Styx was okeyish. The studio is the Mystery.

Changeling game, or anything related to dreamworld... that would be magic. I am just sceptical who could do that.

Edited by evilcat

I'm not a fan of the Werewolf setting and I hope they have a(n Obsidian) Vampire game in the works as well

You're not alone in hoping that :)

As cool as Changeling is, I doubt it'd make a good videogame though. There's so much existential dread and with how much focus there is on relationships I don't see how it could ever reach the heights that the PnP game does. It could possibly work as some sort of MMO, but you'd have to have an DM or an actual AI to monitor the situations and time the True Fae's actions.

It would be hard to watch your words in the same way that changelings has to, but then again, the dialogue wheel would actually be an excellent tool for once :p

A Demon The Decent game could be awesomely meta though! :D

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The setting for WtM is North America. That automatically makes it more interesting than most RPGs. But, of course, if anyone gets a chance at a Bloodlines sequel, I hope Obsidian gets that opportunity, which is why I'm happy to see another company get the opportunity with the werewolf variant.

You're not alone in hoping that :)

As cool as Changeling is, I doubt it'd make a good videogame though. There's so much existential dread and with how much focus there is on relationships I don't see how it could ever reach the heights that the PnP game does. It could possibly work as some sort of MMO, but you'd have to have an DM or an actual AI to monitor the situations and time the True Fae's actions.

It would be hard to watch your words in the same way that changelings has to, but then again, the dialogue wheel would actually be an excellent tool for once :p

A Demon The Decent game could be awesomely meta though! :D

I'll respectfully disagree with you there. I think especially the MMO format would ruin Changeling, killing the oh so important immersion the setting needs. A deep, well written single player experience. Well researched and with good prose adapted for each specific circumstance, then as needed breaking out into something more lyrical. And Bioware would need to be kept as far away from the IP as possible.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'll respectfully disagree with you there. I think especially the MMO format would ruin Changeling, killing the oh so important immersion the setting needs. A deep, well written single player experience. Well researched and with good prose adapted for each specific circumstance, then as needed breaking out into something more lyrical. And Bioware would need to be kept as far away from the IP as possible.

Yeah, having xxxGAYFairyFagxxx running around naked shouting "lol" would be... detrimental, but I'm imagining it from an (impossible, granted) ideal scenario perspective. In the same way that I viewed the old WOD MMO that was announced a few years ago. The focus of social interactions amongst the players and persistant world or possibly more small scale motleys/freeholds could be interesting. Would be difficult to find a way for some sort of random happenings to spice things up though.

It might be because I have a very different view on Changeling than others, and see it as sort of an survival trial, but I have a real hard time imagining what a single player Changeling game would be like. If I were to view it as an RPG it would be an massive beast to accurately portray the CtL world and the many ways they deal with their lives.

There is a tangible amount of existential dread and paranoia in Changeling that would be interesting to see someone deal with though. How do you deal with your old life? What about the Fetch that took your place? You know he's just a fragment of you, but isn't he really alive anyway? Maybe the Fetch is a better son/daughter/father than you were, would you break up your family for that? Will your Keeper come for you or does he

send some relentless Huntsmen after you? Has he already and they're just biding their time to attack?

Do you build a new life for yourself? What about the other supernaturals around?

Yeah, Bioware just needs to be kept as far away from things like this as possible. :p

I kinda believe in changeling game. May it will not be as big as witcher 3 but doable.

Power set is doable.

You may have same map in two version one real second dreamworld. And we can jump from one to another.

It will probably be better adventure platformer than action shooter.

I'd prefer a dialogue heavy rpg as I don't like either platformers or shooters

PS Demon would be my first choice over Changling but either way it'd be something very different

Especially Demon The Descent would be cool.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0XnU0xaqsY

All right, I might end up digging it.

Warp Spiders, Striking Scorpions, and Imperial Guard _models_* are in. Oh my.

*Would seem to imply that Imperial Gu- *ahem* Astra Militarum will be implemented in some form eventually, be it DLC or a full expansion pack.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I'm worried that Demon would be easier to screw up by pandering to the angsty "evil is cool" crowd.

Of course Changeling is also easy to screw up, but in different ways :)

Demon The Fallen was a brilliant concept for table top pen and paper, but I really can't see it adapting well to a crpg. Too much depending on creating the relationships with mortals and making the pacts to get faith, the roleplaying aspects of which would be incredibly awkward to do in some computer game.  To balance out infernal court politics, the modern day humanity, and the potential Earthbound and any cults and such....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I remember how everyone hated my Daeva, he was a habitual flirt that stole almost everyones Thrall projects since I could detect their greatest desire and promise them that, while everyone else had to work manually. o:)

I'll admit that I partly want to see Demon The Descent as a crpg because... well; The God-Machine. ^^

Edited by Azdeus