What You Did Today

Gorth

Woke up at 2:30 in the night. Not voluntarily, but I have for habit sleeping with open windows this time of year (temperatures being around 20C at night) Didn't noticed the thunderstorm sneaking up on my until it sprung it's surprise. Alarm clocks have nothing on a lightning strike close enough to not having any delay between the bright light and the sound ;)

Didn't get more sleep that night, so it's a very long day at work today.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Thinking of making a smart mirror for my wife as a Christmas gift

mirror is smart?  so it tells her she most certainly does not look fat in those jeans and that yes, her favorite dress from college still looks Fabulous on her?  perhaps give it a harvey fierstein accent?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Interestingly enough, you actually can have it compliment you though I think the Harvey Fierstein voice is bit more work

https://www.google.com/amp/www.geek.com/gadgets/raspberry-pi-used-to-build-motion-controlled-smart-mirror-that-compliments-you-1592778/%3Famp%3D1

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Last week I ordered some Mutant Chronicles books for our pnp group, directly from the producer, they've yet to arrive, but what is more irritating is that I noticed now that while I paid for tracking I was'nt given the tracking number for my goods. A bit annoying to have 300£ worth of books somewhere in Europe and having no idea where. :/

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Are package tracking fees the norm in Europe or just something that particular vendor does? I'm practically getting spammed with notifications for my Christmas orders; order confirmation, order going to shipping, order shipped (including tracking number) and, order arrived.

• Like 1

Depends on the company, ofcourse they'd place a few extra £$€ to the price since they can get away with it. I dont' think I've ever seen one with free tracking though.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I dont' think I've ever seen one with free tracking though.

Really? I guess Denmark may be the odd one out then. I just assumed it was free since no matter where I ship from I get tracking through our postal service.

Fortune favors the bald.

Really? I guess Denmark may be the odd one out then. I just assumed it was free since no matter where I ship from I get tracking through our postal service.

Yeah, PostNord(I'm assuming they're the ones you mean since the Danish, Swedish and Finnish postal service has joined forces) has different services, one has full tracking, one tracking only in europe, one has no tracking and they've all got different price points.

Edited by Azdeus

Not surprised that John Glenn died. Hell of a life he had

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Electricity is ****ed in the place I'm staying, currently running my PC by precariously stretching a surge protector around a corner. I've got two finals I have to study for over the weekend and it would be a disaster if my reliable connection was unavailable.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Wife had her citizenship oath today. It was an interesting experience that saw more than a couple people crying.

I also found it amusing to see what places most of the people came from. Mexico had the most with 6 or so people followed by the UK and Germany with 4 and 3. I don't think any other countries had more than 2 but as far as continents go then Africa had the most folks followed by Asia. Canada only had one

• Like 5

why would anyone leave Canada and go to USA? with Trump it should be the other way around

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

why would anyone leave Canada and go to USA? with Trump it should be the other way around

Money, usually

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

was reading a really funny thing earlier on a news site

a woman came home and caught her husband cheating on her... with her father

Edited by teknoman2
  • Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Money, usually

Don't badmouth us or we'll take another one of your hockey teams away!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I dunno why they come here, they never had to announce it

I'm sure a few of their countries allow dual citizenship so for those I doubt they are really giving up much... but there were still a lot of tears so it meant a lot to some of the people

I love the US and even I'd probably rather be a citizen somewhere else if I had serious and expensive health issues. But I've seen friends and family lose everything or near enough in our health care system so I'm a bit jaded on that

• Like 1

was reading a really funny thing earlier on a news site

a woman came home and caught her husband cheating on her... with her father

This is the unfortunate outcome sometimes when people feel they cannot be honest about there sexual orientation  :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela