What You Did Today

Gorth

Fun way to get weird looks on the street, is talking about murdering someone's kids when you have a feud with them rather than them. Well when people miss you mentioning it's about The Guild 2 :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I experimented with ramen today. Mostly I learned that it's remarkably hard to screw up ramen so long as you're not being ridiculous. But also:

Egg whites do not form ribbons when doing egg drop. But neither do they ruin the broth. They do leave a residue on the bottom of the pan, or at least with what I did.

Salted mushrooms are pretty good.

Putting broccoli into soup inevitably makes the entire thing taste a bit like broccoli soup. The flavor is strong with this vegetable.

Medium size shrimp sink.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Alan Thicke passed away of a heart attack.   :(

He died playing hockey with his son, which is pretty much the way I'd want to go as well.

Might be a bit upsetting for the kid, no ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Congratulations, TrueNeutral! :)

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Oh dear, I seem to have proposed and my lady accepted. How dumb on her behalf.

You poor bastard. :p

• Like 1

Oh dear, I seem to have proposed and my lady accepted. How dumb on her behalf.

Congrats! Best of luck and happiness to you both!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Congrats and commiserations to TN.   :biggrin:

He died playing hockey with his son, which is pretty much the way I'd want to go as well.

The kid was 19, I believe.  Maybe a bit traumatic, but I'm sure the kid realizes his dad died doing something he loved.  

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 1

Congratulations TN! :)

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Congrats and commiserations to TN. :biggrin:

Alan Thicke passed away of a heart attack. :(

The kid was 19, I believe. Maybe a bit traumatic, but I'm sure the kid realizes his dad died doing something he loved.

Maybe. But in general, seems bad to go out in front of your kids, granted if it is sudden.

Our Christmas party was meh. A lady collapsed for some reason, smacked the back of her head hard on hardwood so needed an ambulance.

Congrats and commiserations to TN.   :biggrin:

The kid was 19, I believe.  Maybe a bit traumatic, but I'm sure the kid realizes his dad died doing something he loved.  

not to be too grim, but alan didn't die playing hockey.  he died o' a heart attack. weren't as if he were skating and sudden dropped dead with a smile on his face.  likely fell to ice clutching chest or arm. unable to breathe. confused and in pain. bystanders feel most helpless as the heart attack victim grimaces and moans and desperate grasps for help which will not come in time.

if we were to die o' a heart attack, we wouldn't want family or friends 'round who would likely second guess themselves for not recognizing signs or failing to get help. have watched the final moments o' a heart attack victim... twice. violent. desperate. fearful. am s'posing there is folks who can die o' a massive heart attack like in movies where they just kinda slump to the ground and exhale one final painless breathe.  such gentle passings ain't in our experience.

now the linda mccartney death sounds a bit more peaceful.  she rides horse with family and then s'posed dies... of cancer.  got somebody with stage iv cancer who is nevertheless able to enjoy a horse ride is unlikely to die from cancer on the same day.  maybe had some assistance getting past the ultimate threshold? even so, sounds relative nice even if a bit contrived.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Sorry for your loss. :(

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

condolences. so often the people who are most in need of help are the individuals least likely to ask for it. it is so pointless to find out afterwards just how bad a person was hurting.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

One of my best friends from my time in the Marines died yesterday

It's looking like suicide by cop

Well that's not pleasant. Sorry to hear that, Shady

• Like 1