What You Did Today

Gorth

all this talk of global warming and it feels more like we are heading for an ice age than a perpetual summer

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Well, climate is tricky, that's why they call it climate change. The temperatures isn't the only thing that is going up, but the frequency and amplitude of storms too. And we do get peaks and valleys, but the long term trend is going up. (Wish I knew how to extract that from twatter, but *Shrug*)

I have'nt read much about it lately, since Trump won most I've read has been all about his idiotic policies regarding to climate, but since March this year, every month has been a new record in global average temperatures for being the warmest since we started measuring. It's bad. :/

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

One of my best friends from my time in the Marines died yesterday

It's looking like suicide by cop

That really sucks. My condolences to you and our brother's family. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Did he have PTSD?

I believe so but he definitely had some kind of mental break

Reading about it in the news and it sounds like a different person than the one I knew

Sorry to hear that Shady  ;(

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

One of my best friends from my time in the Marines died yesterday

It's looking like suicide by cop

I completely missed this, my condolences Shades,

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Finished training and now I can relax. Can't remember when I wasn't sore. I think it was back in September. Some of the guys I train with compete in Survival runs around the world. And most of the instructors I train with a military or ex-military personnel. This years survival run in Australia had 4 of 40 people finish. Tegyn Angel - Aus (1st), Glenn Sedwell - Aus (2nd), Hélène Dumais - USA (3rd), Curtis Pote - USA (4th).

This was last years Survival Run in Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0_ozneo0eE

It raining here today. That nasty half ice and half sleet kind or rain. It's a good day to stay on the couch and binge watch something. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Same with me Guard Dog, ice and snow. I'm probably gonna watch gameplay or play games. I finally beat the master below so I'm still pretty excited. It would be a great day to start white march!

Edited by BrotherFerg

Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man, but can't walk or hold things?

We went to a family Christmas party last night and a good time was had by all. These are the family memebers I usually one see once a year so it was fun to catch up with them. Good food and a bunch or rugrats running around playing. The host had a unlabeled mason jar of clear liquid sitting in his bar, and when I asked him about it, he immediately whipped out a row of shot glasses and poured us all some "moonshine". Or as I shall refer to it, rocket fuel. I dont know anything about authentic moonshine but this stuff was pretty rough going down. We also do this thing where we all bring a mystery present and toss them in a pile. After dinner we all gather around a draw a number from a hat. As your number is called, you can pick any of the random presents still in the pile (and you must open it) or you can steal one of the presents that someone before you has already opened. We count up the list and then down the list so everyone gets a shot at everything. Its hilarious to watch some of the people jockeying for position to steal some gift they have their eye on.

• Like 3

Same with me Guard Dog, ice and snow. I'm probably gonna watch gameplay or play games. I finally beat the master below so I'm still pretty excited. It would be a great day to start white march!

I'm jealous, it's grey and foggy here.

We went to a family Christmas party last night and a good time was had by all. These are the family memebers I usually one see once a year so it was fun to catch up with them. Good food and a bunch or rugrats running around playing. The host had a unlabeled mason jar of clear liquid sitting in his bar, and when I asked him about it, he immediately whipped out a row of shot glasses and poured us all some "moonshine". Or as I shall refer to it, rocket fuel. I dont know anything about authentic moonshine but this stuff was pretty rough going down. We also do this thing where we all bring a mystery present and toss them in a pile. After dinner we all gather around a draw a number from a hat. As your number is called, you can pick any of the random presents still in the pile (and you must open it) or you can steal one of the presents that someone before you has already opened. We count up the list and then down the list so everyone gets a shot at everything. Its hilarious to watch some of the people jockeying for position to steal some gift they have their eye on.

Did he play "Good old boys" in the background at the same time? :p

So, some LKW was running into people on a christmas market in Berlin. Lucky for me I wasn't around, I guess. Right now everyone's spilling rumors like crazy and this probably won't stop for the next week or two.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Typical Queensland weather... did my laundry early Sunday afternoon and hung it out on the lines to dry. Late in the afternoon, I got a 5 minute warning, bright flash followed immediately by the boom knocking me backwards in my chair :lol:

Sky turned pitch black in a matter of minutes and it was a mix of torrential rain, hail and thunder and lightning the following 30 minutes.

Early evening and my poor clothes was soaking wet. As in way more wet than when I took it out of the washing machine =]

At least the temperature dropped from 30c to 25c, but air humidity was through the roof.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Moved a giant metal desk that used to be a computer desk but had become a junk container out of my house.

Sadly, however, the junk is still there. So that's probably my next few days too. Hope I don't trip and kill myself at night on crap in the floor.

"It's so sad...he slipped on the Icewind Dale map and hit his head on his shredder..."

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Typical Queensland weather... did my laundry early Sunday afternoon and hung it out on the lines to dry. Late in the afternoon, I got a 5 minute warning, bright flash followed immediately by the boom knocking me backwards in my chair :lol:

Sky turned pitch black in a matter of minutes and it was a mix of torrential rain, hail and thunder and lightning the following 30 minutes.

Early evening and my poor clothes was soaking wet. As in way more wet than when I took it out of the washing machine =]

At least the temperature dropped from 30c to 25c, but air humidity was through the roof.

That sounds equally lovely and horrific; 30C would kill me. Probably, but some thunder and lightning would be real nice.

So, couple things have happened. Back at thanksgiving I met an old family friend and her husband again. Both families were there, and ended up giving the husband a bit of crap (teasing and calling him the prittiest princess) At the same time I asked if she wanted to go see a movie too. She said yes, but after that night I heard nothing from her. When I finally ask if she wants to see this (via text) I got an essay long response that said "you don't respect me or my husband, you're a terrible person for calling my husband a princess in front of his wife and mother-in-law!" and a few other things (legit, it was a paragraph).

Basically made me go "yeah, don't want to be your friend bye" to myself about her.

Then visited my parents, driving, spending to much money. I need more of a buffer.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

why'd you call the man "the prettiest princess", again?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Moved a giant metal desk that used to be a computer desk but had become a junk container out of my house.

Sadly, however, the junk is still there. So that's probably my next few days too. Hope I don't trip and kill myself at night on crap in the floor.

"It's so sad...he slipped on the Icewind Dale map and hit his head on his shredder..."

use the shredder on the map.  etc.

efficient use of resources. am cutting your problems in half.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Fire. Desk is metal, it can take some heat.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

use the shredder on the map. etc.

efficient use of resources. am cutting your problems in half.

HA! Good Fun!

Iirc, the ID map was cloth...not sure that will shred well.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

why'd you call the man "the prettiest princess", again?

I honestly don't remember

Was alcohol involved? If so they shouldn't hold it against you. 

Thomas Sowell