What You Did Today

Gorth

Well i've become very popular at the codex, someone even made an entire thread about me.

Link?
The OP thinks I am an alt. My name there is Barnabas same avatar.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/final-solution-to-the-alt-question.112795/

Edited by BrotherFerg
  • Like 1

Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man, but can't walk or hold things?

Ah, but how do we know this isn't just an account you made to seed the alt you planned on the Codex with history? :devil:

Hah, seriously though, alt fear isn't unique to that place. Half the unpopular members here are accused of being alts of obyknven or lord_of_flies.

• Like 2

Well i've become very popular at the codex, someone even made an entire thread about me.

Link?
The OP thinks I am an alt. My name there is Barnabas same avatar.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/final-solution-to-the-alt-question.112795/

You know I am going to make an account now on Codex just so I can comment.....you made me think of something funny  :biggrin:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ah, but how do we know this isn't just an account you made to seed the alt you planned on the Codex with history? :devil:

Hah, seriously though, alt fear isn't unique to that place. Half the unpopular members here are accused of being alts of obyknven or lord_of_flies.

Not trying to be Decline, but this forum isn't very active and I have a lot of free time so I've been reaching outside of Gog and steam to find a place that is on my level. Will I ever find one? It's not impossible, am I too advanced for my peers? Absolutely.

*As an example I made a thread here (with irrefutable proof) that Bevil in NWN2 is clearly Samwise Gamgee's doppelgänger. It went over everyone's head. I made the same post in Codex and everyone LOST IT. I'm surprised it wasn't stickied.

Edited by BrotherFerg

Link?
The OP thinks I am an alt. My name there is Barnabas same avatar.http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/final-solution-to-the-alt-question.112795/

You know I am going to make an account now on Codex just so I can comment.....you made me think of something funny  :biggrin:

Let me know your user name if you do

Link?
The OP thinks I am an alt. My name there is Barnabas same avatar.http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/final-solution-to-the-alt-question.112795/

Let me know your user name if you do

I will be using my normal name, no need to hide my name BruceVC  when I will be making constructive comments about how the Codex can become a more cordial place and attract people who have some SJ values?

I imagine some of you may be thinking they wont care but why wouldn't anyone want to improve themselves if confronted by reasonable criticism ?

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I had an account at the Codex, but its been so long since I posted I can't actually remember what it was (I think they revised the boards since then, so it may have been purged as inactive).

I will be using my normal name, no need to hide my name BruceVC when I will be making constructive comments about how the Codex can become a more cordial place and attract people who have some SJ values?

I imagine some of you may be thinking they wont care but why wouldn't anyone want to improve themselves if confronted by reasonable criticism ?

What bad could happen?

• Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

i started doing nothing this saturday and i feel like i need a couple more days to complete the task

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Hmm, made we wonder, if Brucie here is just a disgruntled guy, trying to get his neighbour BruceVC killed by posing as him online

You know the political climate in the USA being what it is that might even work 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was going to make a lot of obvious alts here, but I couldn't come up with funny things to discuss as these alts.

Obvious alts... MelkathII, MelkathIII, MelkathIV, MelkathV, MelkathVI ?

;)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I was going to make a lot of obvious alts here, but I couldn't come up with funny things to discuss as these alts.

I wanted to make an alt completely in character as Bruce Campbell but sadly impersonation is one of those alt rules that will get it banned. Silly forum guidelines. :p

Wondering how Sargon of Akkad videos ended up on my YouTube suggestions. Well, better than the UFO conspiracy ones, I guess

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wanted to make an alt completely in character as Bruce Campbell but sadly impersonation is one of those alt rules that will get it banned. Silly forum guidelines. :p

That seems like one of those things that you might like so much that you don't go back to being your regular self.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/03/health/two-year-old-rescues-brother-video/index.html

Guys you must watch this video, its really heartwarming and cute  :cat:

John Milton 

Obvious alts... MelkathII, MelkathIII, MelkathIV, MelkathV, MelkathVI ?

;)

Good idea! Mine was to do evil twins for forum regulars; FalseNeutral. Yesnek, Burglar Cat etc.

I am not sure how to do the opposite for the Amen in Amentep or the Vietcong in BruceVC.

Stallionshuteyese would probably have made people groan.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Awomentep and BruceMACV?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra