The US Election 2016, Part IV

Rosbjerg

New York Times video compilation from various Trump rallies.

Warning. Salty language.

That's all they got? That was weaker than standing in a random street corner for a year. But oh how strange that other forms of hatred was omitted from the video, like how his supporters of all colors are treated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfzITpgEarA

Or when a black men beats race-baiters at a Trump rally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sije4e_cg0c

It's like the NYT is framing a narrative or something :^)

I want Trump to win out of pure schaudenfreude. The impotent rage of these "leftists", media and intelligentia at large shows that they are in a dire need to be thrashed and get into opposition. If they can't handle a simple force of nature then they cannot handle reality itself.

I'd rather that the crowd that wanted to "stick it" to the "experts and elitists" didn't stake human civilisation to make their point. Particularly so when the city I live in would probably have a warhead allocation that would almost break into the triple digits. Again, from the article above:

Voters should want to consider whether Trump or any other candidate possesses the steely nerves and competence to deliberate intelligently and calmly at the moment of truth. How does the candidate process ambiguity? Does he or she interpret ambiguous or contradictory data in black-and-white terms or in ways that reinforce his or her bias? Does the candidate rush to conclusions? Does he or she appear to place too much stock and faith in the performance of technical systems, such as the sensor systems in early warning networks, and underestimate the fallibility of people and machines?

I agree. Hillary is the biggest threat to national and international security. 

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The 400 Million $ he is talking about is the money that US owed to Iran. Again, proof that he has no idea what he is talking about and I have no idea why Russia supports this idiot. Maybe they hope that Trump will eventually bring the downfall of the US with his stupidity. Let's just hope he doesn't bring the downfall of the whole world with him. Yup, people are that misinformed.
Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

The 400 Million $ he is talking about is the money that US owed to Iran. Again, proof that he has no idea what he is talking about and I have no idea why Russia supports this idiot. Maybe they hope that Trump will eventually bring the downfall of the US with his stupidity. Let's just hope he doesn't bring the downfall of the whole world with him. Yup, people are that misinformed.

Supposedly the $400 Million is from an international court ruling regarding a disagreement between US-Iran dating to the late 1970s when the US agreed to back the Shah of Iran in buying arms.  The US's position had been that the change of regime made the agreement null and void, whereas the international court determined the agreement was with the country and that the regime was irrelevant.  This is - again supposedly - why the right has been arguing that US agreed to "accept" the international court ruling as a cover to buy off Iran to release prisoners.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

1470311754851.png

This election is going very well, I expect whoever is elected to inspire a radicalization of a large amount of people.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Supposedly the $400 Million is from an international court ruling regarding a disagreement between US-Iran dating to the late 1970s when the US agreed to back the Shah of Iran in buying arms.  The US's position had been that the change of regime made the agreement null and void, whereas the international court determined the agreement was with the country and that the regime was irrelevant.  This is - again supposedly - why the right has been arguing that US agreed to "accept" the international court ruling as a cover to buy off Iran to release prisoners.

Mike Rogers claimed on TV that there was no ruling yet. Not sure if that's true or not.

Edit: In any case they obviously tried to hide the fact that they made the payment.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Yeah, I really don't know the details of it, hence the liberal use of the word "supposedly".

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I am starting to feel sorry for the hitmen. They can't even catch a break nowadays with all the current work schedule. 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah, I really don't know the details of it, hence the liberal use of the word "supposedly".

is not all that complicated in this instance.  no ruling. iran were seeking $10 billion via arbitration at the hague.  the curious timed settlement 'tween US and iran would send $1.7 billion to iran.  $400 million were first payment o' the settlement... which obama claimed had nothing whatsoever to do with the nuke deal or the prisoner release.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Today's polls don't look too bad for Trump: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Not that polls matter much at this stage, but with all the doom and gloom and the media narrative of Trump implosion. State polls tend to be a trailing indicator since they're not taken as often, eventually they'll line up with national polls.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

At this point the election is a game of "what does a better job of sinking a ship: Hillary's wikileaks escapades or Trump's own mouth?"

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

is not all that complicated in this instance.  no ruling. iran were seeking $10 billion via arbitration at the hague.  the curious timed settlement 'tween US and iran would send $1.7 billion to iran.  $400 million were first payment o' the settlement... which obama claimed had nothing whatsoever to do with the nuke deal or the prisoner release.

HA! Good Fun!

Thanks, I hadn't had an opportunity to really look into it for myself, hence why I could only parrot what I'd heard (possibly swapping settlement for ruling in my head too).

Bruce, you were asking why we don't trust the media? READ THE PREVIOUS POST!  :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I watched Johnson and Weld on CNN last night. They are more Libertarian-ish than I'd like but then again, this was CNN. They have to sell themselves to a left of center audience. I thought they did OK.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMQ4JnmyZRg

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/crowd-at-hillary-clinton-s-omaha-rally-exceeded-with-overflow/article_0c8bc1b0-5946-11e6-abf7-6f6f26e598bf.html

Crowd at Hillary Clinton's Omaha rally exceeded 3,300 with overflow

Can't say how many people there was really in Clinton's Omaha rally, but I think 50 people maybe bit underestimating actual number.

Yeah, they're definitely the same crowd and taken at similar times since you can see the people in white shirts in both pictures despite the second being taken on whatever the digital equivalent of a pinhole camera is. Best interpretation for CNN is that the picture was the best one they had and was meant to be illustrative rather than literal.

Rule with such pictures is the same as with 'unnamed sources', if you don't have corroboration from something else you're right to be deeply sceptical because you can stage either very easily. Happens all the time with sporting events that you know didn't sell out but have apparently full crowds, they've just made sure the people who have turned up sit on one side and the other side has all the fixed cameras.

This is the most attention Nebraska has gotten in years.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

original.jpg?w=350&h=435

• Like 5

Thomas Sowell

Full view picture of that Omaha thing.

Co-phnGUkAA4g7J.jpg

But it seems that 50 people thing (meaning that there was only 50 people there overall) has become fact that can't be overrode by anything for some people in internet (not here but for example in comment sections of articles about the thing)

• Like 2

It was photo shopped. 

:lol:

Thomas Sowell