Should the UK leave the EU?

BruceVC

Of course you guys realize the UK voting to leave will also have a degree of negative economic consequences, as predicted, for entire global economy? So people who think this is funny because it will " only hurt the West " are as usual horribly ignorant about the nature about the global economy

I see the pound has lost 10 % of its value to the dollar, the UK is in for a period of tough economic times. But it will survive and persevere but we can expect 10-14 months of economic instability 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm getting a good chuckle out of all the "old people shouldn't be allowed to vote"/ "only thickos and racists who love Hitler andor Putin voted to leave" rhetoric on the internet. If remain hadn't run such a stupendously negative campaign they'd probably have won, their campaign gave no reason at all to vote to stay beyond negative ones and telling leave voters that they're ignorant racist morons was never going to be a winning strategy, just one that made the people saying it feel superior and might have kept leave voters home instead of changing their minds. For once the usual tactics of getting talked down to by bankers, (b)e(a)urocrats, politicians and businessmen/ lobbyist/ 'think groups' did not work, and thank [chosen deity] for that.

It's probably going to hurt Britain a lot short term, but someone had to take one for the team so far as the EU was concerned. Will be interesting to see if the message is finally received or if they just keep sticking their head deeper in the hole in Brussels. And to see how much the EU decides to stick the knife in the back on the way out/ whether the brit politicians try some sort of run around of the result.

And not so surprisingly SNP has started to speak about new vote for Scotland's independence and Sinn Fein leaving UK and joining Ireland.

Sinn Fein and SNP talk about leaving the UK/ joining Ireland on every day ending with a 'y'. It is their corest of core policies.

Of course you guys realize the UK voting to leave will also have a degree of negative economic consequences, as predicted, for entire global economy? So people who think this is funny because it will " only hurt the West " are as usual horribly ignorant about the nature about the global economy

I see the pound has lost 10 % of its value to the dollar, the UK is in for a period of tough economic times. But it will survive and persevere but we can expect 10-14 months of economic instability 

Vote breakdown showed that leave had the strongest support among the poor and uneducated.

Leave or stay, they will be economically hurt by globalization.

UK Sales are up. Overseas consumers flock to uk sites (amazon uk, ebay uk) as pound drops.

Nice to see they are getting a boost to their economy over this.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

UK Sales are up. Overseas consumers flock to uk sites (amazon uk, ebay uk) as pound drops.

Nice to see they are getting a boost to their economy over this.

It isn't necessary that good boost, because if people buy imported stuff then they actually may suffer even some lose. If they sell stuff that is produced in UK then they may get some boost.

Doesn't it mean a reduced VAT take now though? Obviously they've never charged me VAT, but now they won't get any cut from sales to EU countries?

We see how it goes in two years (or longer if UK and EU so decide) after they officially declare that they will leave EU, until that current agreements are in force.

Haha, oh wow. They actually did it! How wouldn't i want to be a fly in the wall in Juncker's room now.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Haha, oh wow. They actually did it! How wouldn't i want to be a fly in the wall in Juncker's room now.

I would say that Cameron's room is most likely much more interesting. Juncker probably don't even have plans to continue his political career after his tenure in Commission is over, which is probably before actual brexit happens.

EDIT: It seems that Cameron's room has become much less interesting

David Cameron resigns after UK votes to leave European Union

Edited by Elerond

Well, this outcome of the referendum is the biggest issue not for UK, but for populistic leaders in Central and Eastern Europe. All of them, were until now happy that they drove tens of thousands people out of their countries, which could not find work here and yelled how are they good at solving unemployment issues. Now they are crying, that all the people will decide to come back home.

Example: Slovakia approx 300,000 unemployed, it's about 10% of population at age between 18 and 64. The approximate number of Slovaks in UK in 2014 was 100,000. Now imagine how our politicians feel right now, thinking if all of these people have to come back now...

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I would say that Cameron's room is most likely much more interesting. Juncker probably don't even have plans to continue his political career after his tenure in Commission is over, which is probably before actual brexit happens.

EDIT: It seems that Cameron's room has become much less interesting

David Cameron resigns after UK votes to leave European Union

Yes, Cameron I imagine will resign

Despite his best efforts to do what he feels is best for  the future of the UK the reality is he will now always be remembered as the UK PM who allowed the UK to leave the EU...he will step down considering the outcome of the BREXIT vote

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well, this outcome of the referendum is the biggest issue not for UK, but for populistic leaders in Central and Eastern Europe. All of them, were until now happy that they drove tens of thousands people out of their countries, which could not find work here and yelled how are they good at solving unemployment issues. Now they are crying, that all the people will decide to come back home.

Example: Slovakia approx 300,000 unemployed, it's about 10% of population at age between 18 and 64. The approximate number of Slovaks in UK in 2014 was 100,000. Now imagine how our politicians feel right now, thinking if all of these people have to come back now...

Whats more annoying for me is the hubris from the various right wing parties across the EU who have naturally become  emboldened and think countries like Denmark, France and the Netherlands should also leave the EU

I want to make this point again unequivocally, the UK  is in a unique position where it can leave the EU and it will survive but any EU member that uses the EURO as its currency will not be able to just leave the EU without serious and unprecedented economic consequences  

John Milton 

Congrats UK gentlemens, good work

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Bruce, I so much sometimes wish, that kind of referendum, would be in Slovakia. Not because it could be a good thing, but because people might finally realize after Slovexit, what kind of **** are currently in our government. It would definitely ruin Slovakia, but for all I care, this country sometimes deserves no better...

Currently we have our Home Secretary and Prime Minister being convicted of doing business with one of the biggest tax evaders we ever had (some people breached into their bank accounts and provided evidence, that it really occurred and our Premier Minister lives in the apartment owned by this tax evader), and they are not willing to resign, and are blaming the opposition for decomposition of democracy...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Vote breakdown showed that leave had the strongest support among the poor and uneducated.

I'd tell them to go **** themselves, but it looks like they beat me to it.

Bruce, I so much sometimes wish, that kind of referendum, would be in Slovakia. Not because it could be a good thing, but because people might finally realize after Slovexit, what kind of **** are currently in our government. It would definitely ruin Slovakia, but for all I care, this country sometimes deserves no better...

Currently we have our Home Secretary and Prime Minister being convicted of doing business with one of the biggest tax evaders we ever had (some people breached into their bank accounts and provided evidence, that it really occurred), and they are not willing to resign, and are blaming the opposition for decomposition of democracy...

Its ok, we have minister of finances who is biggest reciever of EU dotations and was STB agent (for those who don't know its kind of KGB)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Currently we have our Home Secretary and Prime Minister being convicted of doing business with one of the biggest tax evaders we ever had (some people breached into their bank accounts and provided evidence, that it really occurred), and they are not willing to resign, and are blaming the opposition for decomposition of democracy...

Its ok, we have minister of finances who is biggest reciever of EU dotations and was STB agent (for those who don't know its kind of KGB)

Yeah, I know that, but blaming other countries for our own **** would be rude :) Even though in this case for you it might be OK to do so. Your Minister of Finance is also Exported from Slovakia :D

Looking at the maps of how things went, it is kind of interesting that the big push for "Remain" votes in England happened to be around London and the M1 area.. which is the big commute in and out of London.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."