NFL 2016 Season

Gromnir

This game is hard to watch.

Gaga was amazing. She did a bunch of crazy acrobatics, danced, sang live, played the piano, changed wardrobe and sets a ton, and just kicked butt. She is probably top 5 with that performance.

the

• Like 1

Dang it, the cheat might win :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

well, I guess patriots are going to win

the good news is, people are probably going to forget about the packers' embarrassing NFCCG collapse if the patriots win here, because this one blows all other ones out of the water

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Sudden death OT is rather stupid to have, why not just another period?

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

rip

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Why do Trump supporters always win?

P.S. I'm not a HUGE fan of Pats but HAHA this must really make all the anti Trumpers SJW Nazis cray.

Still, come on, Atlanta. You at enot just a more shockingly disappointing version of Carolina. A 25 point lead. TWENTY FIVE POINT LEAD.

The one good thing is Elite Eli is STILL the only one to DESTROY the Pats in the SB. :) :) :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I guess I missed a crazy 4th quarter comeback.  I was asleep by the time it happened.  I slept well, I regret nothing.

/shrugs

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sigh.

One question about the game, I was a little confused on the 'fumble' that seemed to drain the will to live from the Falcons.  It looked to me like Matt Ryan had forward motion on the ball when the defender put his hand up blocking his arm from going forward further - shouldn't that have been a forward pass instead of a fumble?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

He was *just* - and I really do mean just - beginning the forward motion when the defender knocked it out of his hands, way, way before he completes a clean release. No referee is ever going to call that anything but a fumble on the field...and no-one would ever overturn it...or at least, they shouldn't, especially based on precedent of how these are usually called.

A closer look:

firefox_2017-02-06_11-31-43.png

It's already leaving his hands at this point while still being way behind him: there's no way that would ever be called anything but a fumble, especially when you look at the trajectory of the ball as its leaving his hands. Yeah, technically, they may have been just the slightest forward motion...but c'mon.

firefox_2017-02-06_11-39-57.png

Another angle...way out of hands in this one and his hand is still way behind him and he hasn't gotten even close to completing the motion or a proper release yet. Easy call for the officials.

(e): Looking at it more, what it basically looks like is that his elbow just started to go forward...but his forearm had not really begun the motion of the pass (i.e. his forearm hadn't really begun to snap forward in an arc yet). I'm not clear on the exact rules, but I would think the forearm would be more important for determining this than the elbow simply moving forward, especially because some QBs will hold it higher than others and you could argue that their natural body movements (their elbows moving forward and back as they're moving around in the pocket) could therefore technically constitute as the beginnings of a forward pass motion. Think it's the forearm that matters most. Either way, the call is perfectly consistent with the way I've seen these called over the years.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Thanks for the pictures; I'm not sure a still picture captures it well, but the angle certainly add perspective.

The angle I saw last night it looked to me like his forearm was moving forward when blocked by the defenders hands.  Wasn't saying it should have been overturned, it just seemed weird as 20-something years ago when I watched football weekly forward motion = forward pass. 

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Poor Gaga. While people here were praising her performance and while I wasn't as enthusiastic,  a lot of the SJW Nazi Lefty Media is blasting her for being 'boring', for not bahsing Trump, for not making it too political. LMAO

Aside from the lefts suicide pact in their vendetta against Trump, the game itself was fascinating. It reminds me of the AFC championship game where Buffalo was up by something like 30 points and ended up losing. That was during the dark years for the AFC, so it didn't matter who won, the NFC was going to get the trophy. Still, to be up by 25 points in a Super Bowl and end up losing? To give up 19 points in the fourth quarter? I mean, I know Brady likes to start slow in the Super Bowl, but That's just insane.

...And there wasn't some definitive 'call' that the Falcons can pin on the refs. The ones I saw made sense. Where all the calls perfect? I don't know, but none of them were crazy. Great plays on both sides, of course. Ryan brought the goods. Sure he was shut out of the first and fourth quarter, but the offense got four touchdowns and, if they'd just won the coin toss, the Falcons could have been soaring right now instead of looking like winged goats.

Love or hate him, Brady is quite probably the best quarterback in NFL history and certainly bears up under pressure. Considering his inclination to go scoreless for so long in these championship games, maybe he needs it to perform.

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

" but the offense got four touchdowns "

3. One was a PICK 6 gift from Brady. Funny enough, if Pats lost we would have been stuck about stories about how Brady's  first playoff P6 was a killer. Now, it is such an afterthought he EASILY won SB MVP  in spite of it. I wonde rhow many SB MVP QBs that threw a Pick 6 in the game. L0L  Like 'em or hate 'em, he is bigly in SBs.

However, if Elite Eli was Pats QB they'd be 7 for 7. :D And, if he was opposing the Pats, it be his receiver making the ridiculous  circus catch. LMAO

That's right. Got caught up in the moment because now that you've said that the offense never even had to do a damned thing for that TD.

What about Edelman's catch? I turned to my buddies and said, "the Falcon's are going to burn a time-out contesting that call."

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

It reminds me of the AFC championship game where Buffalo was up by something like 30 points and ended up losing

You're thinking of the Comeback. It was actually a wild card game, where Buffalo was *down* 32 points against the Titans (probably still called the Oilers at this time)...and ended up coming back to win it in overtime. Largest comeback in NFL history (playoffs and regular season). This one ties for 5th biggest comeback in NFL history, I think, and the 3rd biggest in the playoffs. Blew out the biggest comeback in the Super Bowl, that's for sure - 2.5x times it.

Yeah, Falcons really gave this game away very badly. The Super Bowl is not the place to be making such a myriad of unforced errors and to phone it in so bad in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

Edited by Bartimaeus