NFL 2016 Season

Gromnir

The Broncos would also have to acquire some offensive line talent for that trade to make any sense, though.

The last three undefeated teams...the Vikings, the Eagles, and the Broncos...have all missed the playoffs. That's only happened one time in NFL history...I don't remember what year it was, but it was something quite sometime ago.

If the Redskins lose next week, both the Packers and the Lions will clinch the playoffs assuming a Seahawks win over the 49ers (something something strength of victory making it so the Buccaneers cannot take it away from either the Lions or the Packers even assuming a Buccaneers win).

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

After that loss to New Orleans I turned off football altogether. I just couldn't watch I was so upset. Which meant I missed the excellent Steelers Ravens game but oh well. 

Tampa can't win their way in and the road is so convoluted it's safe to say they are done. The Cowboys must beat the Lions tonight.  The Bucs need to beat Carolina which is doable. The Lions need to beat Green Bay. A bit of a longshot but not impossible. And the Redskins and Giants game needs to end in a tie. Yep. A tie. But that's the only way the Bucs get all the 9-7 tiebreakers. 

Like I said, that loss to the Saints was very upsetting. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Rashaan Salaam's death officially ruled a suicide

Rashaan Salaam, a winner of college football's Heisman Trophy, committed suicide by shooting himself in the head in a park in Boulder, Colorado, earlier this month, a county coroner said on Thursday.

A toxicology report showed Salaam, 42, had a blood-alcohol level of 0.25, three times the legal limit for operating a vehicle in Colorado. His blood also contained 55 nanograms of THC, the psychoactive property of marijuana.

"The decedent reportedly has a history of depression; and recent life stressors," the report noted. The report did not specify what stressors Salaam experienced.

A passerby found Salaam's body on Dec. 5, Boulder police said. Salaam, who had played for the Chicago Bears and the Cleveland Browns, lived in Superior, Colorado, just southeast of Boulder.

Salaam won the Heisman Trophy, college football's highest honor, as a University of Colorado running back in 1994, becoming the only player from that school to do so. A California native, he was the son of another NFL player, former Cincinnati Bengals running back Teddy Washington.

The Chicago Bears chose him in the first round of the 1995 NFL draft, and he also played for the Cleveland Browns in a career lasting four seasons.

Salaam's brother, Jabali Alaji, told USA Today this month that Salaam suffered from depression and had symptoms associated with football head trauma, including memory loss and vision problems.

The family declined to have the coroner perform additional tests that would indicate whether Salaam suffered from chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). The report said the autopsy would be performed in accordance with the religious preferences of Salaam and his next of kin. Salaam was Muslim.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Looks like the Chiefs are getting the 2 seed in the AFC.

Edit: Also, the Skins **** the bed, which means both Green Bay and Detroit are in.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

THANK YOU GIANTS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

VOLOURN I LOVE YOU

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Chip Kelly NFL experiment is over.  If it's not and someone is dumb enough to hire him in the NFL again they deserve all the misery their franchise will suffer as a result.  Granted, I can't completely pin the Niners trainwreck season on Chip, as it was already an organization in self-destruct mode before he arrived, but he did set the Iggles back several years by getting rid of several of their best players and didn't do the Niners any favors either.  Back to college with you, Chip.  Golem get ye gone!

As for my Boys, we lost a meaningless game to the Iggles where many of our starters played limited minutes, some didn't play at all.  Heck, we played Dirty Sanchez at QB for most of the game.  We didn't get any new injuries of concern, Romo looked sharp for the 1 series he played in, which is good to know in case we need him, and all the at all banged up guys got the night off.  Also Zeke got the night off to rest his legs.  I'd say mission accomplished all around. thumbs%20up%20smiley.gif

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

THANK YOU GIANTS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

VOLOURN I LOVE YOU

Don't love Volo too much, y'all are playing against each other next week.  ;)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, I know. But I was excited to get into the playoffs. But then we also beat Detroit, so it didn't even matter. The Packers were crushed by the Giants in 2007 and 2011...not looking forward to a repeat of that.

Sundays can be brutal business, something Chargers fans know all too well. This was the second straight home finale that served as an awkward potential goodbye. The departure of McCoy creates one more uncertainty for the most uncertain organization in the NFL. No one knows where this team is going to play next season or who is going to lead it.

"I remember walking out of here last year crying my eyes out, thinking it was the last game. This year, I think we're convinced. We've accepted it," season-ticket holder Terry Montello said.

kara1_zpsokhqlio9.gif

kara2_zpsb9kh2mqm.gif

kara3_zpsa8glljon.gif

kara4_zpsx30j50az.gif

kara4b_zpsuzxwlmqf.gif

kara5_zpsa6qjfi7j.gif

All Stop. On Screen.

Sundays can be brutal business, something Chargers fans know all too well. This was the second straight home finale that served as an awkward potential goodbye. The departure of McCoy creates one more uncertainty for the most uncertain organization in the NFL. No one knows where this team is going to play next season or who is going to lead it.

"I remember walking out of here last year crying my eyes out, thinking it was the last game. This year, I think we're convinced. We've accepted it," season-ticket holder Terry Montello said.

mostly you convinced us that not watching supergirl is a good idea.

that being said, we had our 2016-17 nfl season-in-a-nutshell surreal moment when legarrette blount called out ndamukong suh for being dirty.

of course suh is dirty, but blount criticizing?

dunno.  perhaps manifested would feel better if he watched the bills presser following the firing o' their head coach.  at least you can rest easy knowing the browns, 49rs and bills are far more disorganized than the chargers?  maybe not.

not a great season o' football.  were like an episode o' mash, but not funny mash.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYjy7uUn7fc&list=RDsYjy7uUn7fc

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I haven't posted much this season because my Jets were as bad as I thought they were. I have been of the opinion that they should've cut all their older, cap-sucking players; just blow the entire thing up and start building from the ground up. I like Todd Bowls, but he, like Rex Ryan, has tried to build the team through free agentcy instead of the draft.

So we have the wild card weekend schedule (all times EST):

Saturday

• 4:35 PM Oakland Raiders at Houston Texans - The marquee matchup of Matt McGloin vs Brock Osweiler :shifty:
  • 8:15 PM Detroit Lions at Seattle Seahawks - I was right several weeks back when I predicted the Lions wouldn't win another game this regular season. I was wrong about them missing the playoffs, as I failed to predict the Skins and Bucs would also **** the bed and allow them to back into the playoffs. The C-Hox haven't been the same since they lost the heart & soul of their defense, Earl Thomas. That said, the game is in Seattle, which is still a big home field advantage, and I expect the C-Hox to win.
Sunday
  • 1:05 PM Miami Dolphins at Pittsburgh Steelers - I'm not sure whether it will be Ryan Tannehill or Matt Moore starting for the Fins, but I don't think it will much matter. I expect to see a lot of Le'Veon Bell shredding Miami's piss poor running D.
  • 4:40 PM NY Giants at Green Bay Packers - On paper, this looks to be the best game of the weekend. The Giants have one of the best defenses in the league and feature one of the most explosive weapons on offense in Odell Beckham Jr. The Packers are on a 6 game winning streak and Aaron Rodgers seems to have his swagger back after a rather poor start to the season. This one's a coin flip in my eyes.

I'll be rooting for the Lions, though I expect them to lose. The Lions got exposed after their streak of pulling 4th quarter comeback wins out of their asses sputtered out and seem to be by far the weakest team in the NFC playoffs. Plus, my Boys already know that we can beat them. In the end, we'll face whoever we face (probably the winner of Giants/Packers) the following week.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm unsure if I want the Lions to win or not. If they win, then the Packers (presuming a win over the Giants...and that's a big presumption) would face the Falcons (instead of the Cowboys), whom we already nearly beat way earlier in the season, when Rodgers was just starting to finally play well...and when our defense was completely dead, so I think we have a 50/50 shot there as well. ...On the other hand, even if we beat both the Giants and the Falcons (and this is really already hoping for a heck of a lot), that would just be delaying the inevitable in facing the Cowboys again, because I just don't see any way the Lions beat the Cowboys. Yeah, it could happen, but...it seems very unlikely. Alternatively, if the Lions LOSE, we immediately face the Cowboys after they're back from a bye and after having rested some of their starters (mostly) the week before that - they may be rusty, and this is probably our best chance of beating you, as unlikely as it seems. ...And then we face one of the Falcons and Seahawks anyways assuming we got past you. What a gauntlet.

• 4:35 PM Oakland Raiders at Houston Texans - The marquee matchup of Matt McGloin vs Brock Osweiler :shifty:

Scratch that, it's now the marquee matchup of Connor Cook vs Brock Osweiler  :shifty:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm not sure which team I have less confidence in. I guess the Raiders, since they haven't shown they can win whatsoever without Carr...while the Texans somehow won their division while having nobody. Also, Texans home game.

Edited by Bartimaeus

the bills presser 

HA! Good Fun!

I mean, the uncertainty of relocation is what's chilling, not so much losing McCoy or a perception of disorganization. Moving to L.A. is a specter of dissolution that's haunted fans for two seasons ... made real in November by voters. Not really the end of the world, but for sure the death of something. I will, uh, keep images of Kara off the board. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I'm not sure which team I have less confidence in. I guess the Raiders, since they haven't shown they can win whatsoever without Carr...while the Texans somehow won their division while having nobody. Also, Texans home game.

The winner of that game is likely getting fed to the Pats (I know the Fins beat the Stillers earlier in the year, but I don't see it happening again), I'm not sure it mattets which team Belichick & Co. feast on.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well, if the Dolphins still had Tannehill, I would have some hope, but alas...

Chiefs are the only hope for the AFC...

I personally don't see Moore as much of a downgrade from Tannehill. The bigger issue is the Fins being one of the very worst in the run defense department, both in terms of yards per carry and yards per game, and a certain running back by the name of Le'Veon Bell on the other side of the ball.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Man, Connor Cook isn't exactly playing well, but his receivers aren't doing him any favors either.  When he has thrown accurate passes they're just plain dropping them.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸