RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

That's very exciting news. Frogwares was making a Lovecraft adventure game for Focus that hasn't been heard of for a long time, I wonder if it was cancelled in favor of this game. Here are the screenshots, I couldn't see any on the above link: http://callofcthulhu-game.com/?_ga=1.268142856.766505775.1456540322

I hate to say it, but Spiders and Cyanide have kind of replaced Obsidian for me.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

They've had hardly any good press (which is probably a good thing considering the state of the press) but I have to admit that they've been quietly and consistently rising in my opinion as well, they seem to have an attention to detail that speaks of a real passion for their projects, something that one rarely sees anymore.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

That's very exciting news. Frogwares was making a Lovecraft adventure game for Focus that hasn't been heard of for a long time, I wonder if it was cancelled in favor of this game. Here are the screenshots, I couldn't see any on the above link: http://callofcthulhu-game.com/?_ga=1.268142856.766505775.1456540322

I hate to say it, but Spiders and Cyanide have kind of replaced Obsidian for me.

Relevant to the topic

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Relevant to the topic

I don't think he remembers the end of Call of Cthulhu story very well.

I'd personally prefer a Shadow out of Time/Mountains of Madness inspired game tbh

I don't know if you know, but there is a game based on Shadow out of Time/Shadow over Innsmouth, it's also based on the CoC PnP and meets the requirements of the video above, it's called Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Wasn't the old Call of Cthulhu from Bethsoft exactly that? The player character did suicide after spending time in an asylum after surviving the events in the game. Also it never featured cthulhu itself, but the fishmen and I think Dagon and... I forgot the final boss. In any case, I thought - despite the flaws - that game was pretty rad.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

They kinda threw the kitchen sink with that game though.

Though pretty cool sections, there was not really any reason for the Shoggoth or Flying Polyps to be there.

The perfect ending for that game would've been finding a teleporter and ending up in Kadath.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yeah, the game could have been a tad shorter. They were throwing in everything they could find, which wasn't really that necessary.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Players generally like a variety of enemies, not just fish people. It's a video game, not a short story. I think they actually planned to make the game much bigger, with multiple detectives, but it was the developer's first game and they got over-ambitious, which is part of the reason they didn't survive. Also Bethsoft did so little promotion a lot of gaming websites didn't even know the game was released.

Interesting to see what devs can come up with, I have more trust in AR than VR, personally.

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

"What is your gender identity?" - Male, Female, Optional - Write in here.

Guess I should write Cat-kin, because of many lolz.

Personally I went with intergalactic Zlarg beast from Epsilon 4, if we're playing let's pretend we may as well be interesting what.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Well then.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I never expected to see it this year.  I pretty much assume that every game is going to slip by at least 3 or 4 months, usually more, from it's initially announced release window.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I never expected to see it this year.  I pretty much assume that every game is going to slip by at least 3 or 4 months, usually more, from it's initially announced release window.

Thats because release date is in majority of cases set by publisher, which ofc want it as soon as possible

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Uncharted is delayed for 2 more weeks as well, Sony needs to manufacture more blurays xD Good for me, i'll probably have less and less time to play anything in the next 3 months.

1.13 killed off Ja2.