US Elections 2016

Guard Dog

It's official, Fiorina & Christie are out.

Bom bom bom... another one bites the dust. And another one gone and another one gone and another one bites the dust.

Crazy lady was obvious, and I guess not getting noticed in New England (Christies territory) basically sealed his fate. Although Kasich was a surprise.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Which horse did you pick WoD? If you've ever said I don't recall. My horse has checked out already.

He supports Trump if I recall correctly.

It could very well be Trump vs Sanders this election...

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Which horse did you pick WoD? If you've ever said I don't recall. My horse has checked out already.

Please let it be so!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Please let it be so!

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Rubio is shaping up to be the candidate the neocons put their weight behind this election.

"Last night on Hardball, Margaret Carlson of Bloomberg News said that Chris Christie had been called by party leaders to pull in his horns on Marco Rubio. He’d gone too far against “a rising star,” Christie was told."

Yeah, I bet Chris Christie is not going to endorse Rubio anytime soon.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Rubio is shaping up to be the candidate the neocons put their weight behind this election.

"Last night on Hardball, Margaret Carlson of Bloomberg News said that Chris Christie had been called by party leaders to pull in his horns on Marco Rubio. He’d gone too far against “a rising star,” Christie was told."

Yeah, it's best to go back pretending that the emperor has some clothes on.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah, it's best to go back pretending that the emperor has some clothes on.

More about the pro-Rubio circlejerk.

Apparently Christie called Trump for a "long conversation". The fact that we know that happened, but that Christie has not endorsed Trump yet could mean that Christie has decided not to endorse Trump, though.

• Like 1

Running mate. Blowhards together. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Situation in the US right now.

"But my lord, even with success in the initial states, it would take a number beyond reckoning - thousands - to secure the Republican nomination!"
"Tens of thousands."
"But my lord, there is no such voter base!"

"TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP"

• Like 3

I didn't click the link at first... it took me a minute to figure out the reference. I almost failed my geek exam for the day!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That is correct. Trump is the only nationalist in the race.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Latest Democrat debate was pretty ****. Sanders really needs to drop his "I won't attack Clinton/Obama" tactic.

No its a  prudent tactic, he stands by his principles..which is no need for egregious personal attacks

It may be naive but much of what he stands for could be considered idealistic and he is doing well amongst much of the Democratic base so it is working 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Another reason why I find myself aligned with  the Democrats, watching the  Democratic National Committee  debate both Sanders and Clinton have a  period where they both debating who is less critical of Obama....they both are huge supporters of his legacy which matters to me

I still want Clinton to be the nominee but I can really live with a Sanders presidency...personally most of his ideas I object to I dont believe will ever be realistically implemented, for example this restructuring of the financial sector, its just rhetoric IMO

But its very reassuring that they both support most of the fundamental ideals of Obama..which is a more equitable  and fair society for all. Nothing wrong with that   :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But its very reassuring that they both support most of the fundamental ideals of Obama..which is a more equitable  and fair society for all.

Bruce I just don't understand where you get the notion this is what Barack Obama is all about. How is a society where an agency of the government is used to undermine political participation of opposing viewpoints fair and equitable? How is a society where veterans are subject to addtional police scrutiny because of political opinions the administration THINKS they MIGHT have fair and equitable? How is a government that asserts it would be perfectly ok to kill it's own citizens with no due process if the leader of that government believes they are participating in terrorisim? How is is fair and equitable for an administration to use executive orders to make changes to laws passed by the legislature and signed by the executive years after the fact? How is is fair and equitable when every shred of electronic communication is being monitored by the NSA? How is it fair of equitable if the government can use the force of law to complel a citizen, as a condition of citizenship, to enter into a private contract with a 3rd party of the governments choosing?

There is nothing fair or equitable about that has been going on in the United States the past fifteen years.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

But its very reassuring that they both support most of the fundamental ideals of Obama..which is a more equitable  and fair society for all.

Bruce I just don't understand where you get the notion this is what Barack Obama is all about. How is a society where an agency of the government is used to undermine political participation of opposing viewpoints fair and equitable? How is a society where veterans are subject to addtional police scrutiny because of political opinions the administration THINKS they MIGHT have fair and equitable? How is a government that asserts it would be perfectly ok to kill it's own citizens with no due process if the leader of that government believes they are participating in terrorisim? How is is fair and equitable for an administration to use executive orders to make changes to laws passed by the legislature and signed by the executive years after the fact? How is is fair and equitable when every shred of electronic communication is being monitored by the NSA? How is it fair of equitable if the government can use the force of law to complel a citizen, as a condition of citizenship, to enter into a private contract with a 3rd party of the governments choosing?

There is nothing fair or equitable about that has been going on in the United States the past fifteen years.

Hear, hear.

Add to that his initial support for every whistleblower being important in a free society pretty much flew out of the window the moment he swore on the Bible.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Ah, the joy of internet memes springing forth...

Telegraph : I'mNotKiddingMaddi Trends

Does Clinton's campaign purposefully try prevent her candidacy? Or maybe I just don't understand US politics at all. 

EDIT: If that email is real, it shows that Clinton's campaign wants to have more small donors behind her campaign, so that they can deflect claims about Clinton representing Wall Street. But way they go is pretty brash and therefore more likely to cause more harm than good, but as I said maybe I just don't understand US politics at all.

Edited by Elerond

He means it's more fair and equitable than a burning tire around your neck.

Edit: Questions not asked at the Democrat debate: http://www.investors.com/politics/andrew-malcolm/democratic-debate-clinton-sanders-obama/

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan