US Elections 2016

Guard Dog

Scalia is gone. The balance in the SCOTUS is in jeopardy. The next president will be either Clinton or Trump. We're doomed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HowVkIzBixc

No you cant use the doomed prognostication again....remember Obama 2nd term and the buying of gold ....you said we were doomed then  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Scalia is gone. The balance in the SCOTUS is in jeopardy. The next president will be either Clinton or Trump. We're doomed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HowVkIzBixc

No you cant use the doomed prognostication again....remember Obama 2nd term and the buying of gold ....you said we were doomed then  :biggrin:

Yeah that worked out well to. Really well. That is a great American success story actually. Distrust of the political leadership led me to purchase a commodity at a low price. Common distrust of that same political leadership caused others to do the same which drove the price through the roof. I sold said commodity at the (artificially) high price and then used that to pay off my mortgage and start a business which I later sold for a profit. It is a strange thing that I should dislike Obama so. Through no help from him his very presence in the White House did work out well for me.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Russian economy might be a wreck, but they managed to modernize their armed forces to be a real threat (and the nukes of course), and their foreign policy is at least partially working as witnessed by Assad's new found success and the fear Russia is inspiring in Eastern Europe.

I think you have misunderstood something about the situation in Eastern Europe here. None of the nations in Eastern Europe is any military threat to Russia, and so there is no need to intimidate anyone. The more they fear Russia, the more they are going to flock to NATO and allow NATO to place bases, nukes, weapons and whatever in their countries. Scaring people with a Russian military threat is exactly what the pro-NATO folks are doing. These people were losing ground steadily up until the Russian intervention in Ukraine. Then everybody started eyeing NATO membership and they are still on a roll today, and will be until the conflict in Eastern Ukraine is resolved. Ukraine (previously a country with friendly relations to Russia) desperately wants into NATO and the EU and even Belarus started inching closer to the EU. Finland and even Sweden are going to join NATO at the latest in 2020 if things continue like this, it's an unavoidable consequence of public opinion.

If Russian foreign policy was really working, they would have an Eastern Europe with increasingly pro-Russian opinions and Russian trade ties so deep that sanctions would be impossible to put in place. The entire Crimea debacle happened at exactly the right time to prevent this course of events.

Yeah that worked out well to. Really well. That is a great American success story actually. Distrust of the political leadership led me to purchase a commodity at a low price. Common distrust of that same political leadership caused others to do the same which drove the price through the roof. I sold said commodity at the (artificially) high price and then used that to pay off my mortgage and start a business which I later sold for a profit. It is a strange thing that I should dislike Obama so. Through no help from him his very presence in the White House did work out well for me.

Gold is a crap metal anyway, and only worth so much because people collectively believe it has some kind of fiat value. Just like diamonds. If things really would go to hell, people would laugh at you trying to peddle gold. Congratulations for playing the game on the other gold fans, though.

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Russian economy might be a wreck, but they managed to modernize their armed forces to be a real threat (and the nukes of course), and their foreign policy is at least partially working as witnessed by Assad's new found success and the fear Russia is inspiring in Eastern Europe.

I think you have misunderstood something about the situation in Eastern Europe here. None of the nations in Eastern Europe is any military threat to Russia, and so there is no need to intimidate anyone. The more they fear Russia, the more they are going to flock to NATO and allow NATO to place bases, nukes, weapons and whatever in their countries. Scaring people with a Russian military threat is exactly what the pro-NATO folks are doing. These people were losing ground steadily up until the Russian intervention in Ukraine. Then everybody started eyeing NATO membership and they are still on a roll today, and will be until the conflict in Eastern Ukraine is resolved. Ukraine (previously a country with friendly relations to Russia) desperately wants into NATO and the EU and even Belarus started inching closer to the EU. Finland and even Sweden are going to join NATO at the latest in 2020 if things continue like this, it's an unavoidable consequence of public opinion.

If Russian foreign policy was really working, they would have an Eastern Europe with increasingly pro-Russian opinions and Russian trade ties so deep that sanctions would be impossible to put in place. The entire Crimea debacle happened at exactly the right time to prevent this course of events.

Gold is a crap metal anyway, and only worth so much because people collectively believe it has some kind of fiat value. Just like diamonds. If things really would go to hell, people would laugh at you trying to peddle gold. Congratulations for playing the game on the other gold fans, though.

Ros maybe you should confirm joining the EU is a good thing so our American members have no doubt about what you mean?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think you have misunderstood something about the situation in Eastern Europe here. None of the nations in Eastern Europe is any military threat to Russia, and so there is no need to intimidate anyone.

This is really strange logic. The country that's not a threat is exactly the country that's easiest to intimidate. Putin is known to shed bitter tears over the loss of the Soviet Empire.

If Russian foreign policy was really working, they would have an Eastern Europe with increasingly pro-Russian opinions and Russian trade ties so deep that sanctions would be impossible to put in place.

That would require a miracle, not a foreign policy.

Edit: Let the conspiracy theories begin: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/14/conspiracy-theories-surround-justice-scalias-death/

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

So, what killed him? Radiation poisoning? Read all about it on Fox News how Obama collaborated with Putin to get him out of the way tongue.png

Edit: I noticed the thread had gone a bit over the usual target cut off. More sex, lies and games here

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein