Fallout 4 is coming soon.. is there a new OB Fallout Scheduled?

dava4444

Do kind of wish you could "scrap" dead bodies in and around buildings where you have settlements. Otherwise it's a rather annoying drag them out and away or they get left there regardless of how many people settle in the area.

"I've repaired this building and put in roof and power and food and a bed that's right next to a rotting ghoul's corpse....."

Hm, and interesting, a handful of quests that I got first time around from Abernathy's Farm the first time I played haven't triggered in the second start up... I wonder what the key bit to triggering them is.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Today I tried playing with the PIP-boy app on my tablet. It was great! I can see my little dot walk around the map on my tablet in real time as I move about in the game on the PC. Such a little feature, but so cool (and useful!) for me.

I wasn't expecting much from the app, but it actually enhances the game for me.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm wondering, what do you guys think of the game so far?

I'm about 11 hours in and I'm really disappointed. They improved the shooting and FPS aspects, with the cover system and revamped first person animations being a welcoming change, but everything else feels to me a step down from Fallout 3 (which I also didn't really enjoy).

The removal of Skills really hits me. I felt way more organized when I could pick certain skills and then go "alright, I can use these items from now on". I have so much stuff in my inventory that I have no idea what to use. I feel really overwhelmed.

I also really dislike the Perk tree system.

The writing hasn't impressed me one bit either. I haven't met a single interesting character and the story so far is just Fallout 3 inverted. Also that black dude you help set up in Sanctuary, he just trusts you to rebuild his whole group for whatever reason? "Oh hey, you helped my group get set up here, I trust you to rebuild my entire clan even though you have no previous knowledge of whatever the hell it's about", doesn't really seem like something someone would do.

The dialogue wheel system is atrocious in my opinion. I have no idea what the character is going to say and there are no choices. Every conversation is "1 - Yes; 2 - No; 3 - Maybe/Not Sure/You're a mutt; 4 - Explanation". The protagonist's voice acting (male) is really bad imo. He tries to convey sadness but it almost comes across as emo half the time to me. When I pick nice choices he sounds way too nice.

Not only that, but they also brought back the chance-based dialogue checks. As if the whole dialogue thing wasn't bad enough.

I also haven't met any Faction so far (heard they completely removed them, hopefully it isn't true). What the hell?

Also every single settlement is completely empty. There's the occasional ghoul/super mutant/bug with a terminal inside and a little story, but that's it. The quests, so far, are fetch quests. "Clear out this building, come back for a reward".

It seems to me the whole build a settlement thing isn't all that useful or interesting, but I get the feeling that's just because I'm not too far in yet. Maybe I'm not a fan of it because I don't like minecraft.

Pretty weak game so far. I get the feeling every single RPG aspect of Fallout got butchered. I had some hopes that Obsidian would get to do a proper sequel to New Vegas, but after Fallout 4 launched I highly doubt Bethesda would hand it over to Obsidian AND let them reintroduce skills or change the dialogue system.

Edited by mindswayer

I hate Unity.

Is crafting and building necessary?  I like some of the ideas, but I'm started to get exhausted looking for fans and other junk in every nook and cranny.

It's not typical of Bethesda games to force you to do the side activities for the main plot, one alley of logic being that you can still do that stuff for hours and hours after the story ends. 

Edited by Serrano

On the other hand, doing some of those basic building and crafting stuff for each settlement you do a quest for will end up jumping you through a few levels and thus letting you snag some of those perks...  Not that there isn't a whole heap of stuff that will provide you with xp.

Funny thing, you can build and place signs on top of each other. So you could stand in the same spot and slap 100 "female toilet" signs on the exact same spot, and level up once or twice, before taking a minute to scrap them all once again. #thingsyouprobablyshouldn'tdoforfun.

But the crafting in terms of modding weapons and armour is probably something that while you don't explicitly have to do, is going to be a lot of help by making sure things are working the best for you.

I can't count the times I've wanted to power attack an enemy to finish him off and thrown a molotov on the both of us instead. 

Maybe there is no power attack. As far as I can see it goes. 'tap' for mele attack and 'hold' for grenades, but there is supposed to be a power attack when you hold and don't have grenades equipped. How do you power attack with a grenade type selected. Near as I can tell there is no way to unselect a grenade type without going into the pipboy.

Really stupid bit of console 'one button does everything' that. 

Yes, that game is quite awesome despite all the flaws. If you are on the fence, hesitating, don't, get it. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Is crafting and building necessary?  I like some of the ideas, but I'm started to get exhausted looking for fans and other junk in every nook and cranny.

The settlement stuff is completely optional except for a single main quest. Technically you get modded weapons by simply killing enemies and exploring, but the labeling system is terrible. Some names are so long that they get cut out, and it's difficult to have an idea of how useful a weapon will be before picking it up (which runs counter to the fact that now quick looting is the primary form of looting).

Do kind of wish you could "scrap" dead bodies in and around buildings where you have settlements. Otherwise it's a rather annoying drag them out and away or they get left there regardless of how many people settle in the area.

"I've repaired this building and put in roof and power and food and a bed that's right next to a rotting ghoul's corpse....."

Hm, and interesting, a handful of quests that I got first time around from Abernathy's Farm the first time I played haven't triggered in the second start up... I wonder what the key bit to triggering them is.

Move bodies like in most Bethesda games. Hold interact and press again when ready to drop.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Move bodies like in most Bethesda games. Hold interact and press again when ready to drop.

That works with some. If the buildings that are part of a settlement already had a dead body in there (that you didn't kill) they turn up again next time you wander back. In fact, I've had a couple of bodies like that that I'm not allowed to move because they're "too heavy to move".

Still, it's a pain to have to spend 5 minutes dragging bodies around slowly to get rid of them. it would be so much easier with a "scrap" feature for corpses in that settlement builder. :p

Yeah but as he says its annoying to do so.

Also I can't seem to get rid of skeletons in sanctuary.  Can't pick them up wont even register as a "thing".

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You can't use grenades in VATS anymore, that sucks.

It was pretty fatally bugged. Besides now where VATS is actually aware of where the target is after the initiat shot it would likely result in even more suicides. It would still be treating indirect AOE fire as direct fire and enemies are moving in vats now.

It's a problem that grenade throw can't be changed from the 'hold action' imput though. It's simply too slow. Add to that the close quaters FPS spawn system they are using now (I guess to keep things interesting while never rendering or handling more than 6 enemies at a time) It's excedingly rare to hit more than two targets with AOE attacks which kinda nerfs esplosives anyway. 

Maybe they should have gone with status effects (stun etc) or more damage to compensate. Haven't tried an explosives build but it seems unatractive. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Grenades are excellent in areas that are infested by feral ghouls as you can throw one every time you see ghouls starting to spawn (wake up and crawl in from windows and other holes) as they usually kill most of the spawning ghouls.

But I hate fact that they are binded in same key as bash

• Like 1

Haha, I came in to post the exact same mod! I will install it immediately when I get home and I NEVER use mods before finishing the regular game, usually.

I looks lovely

(Sneaking in my link about it: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-18-brilliant-fallout-4-mod-shows-you-what-your-character-will-say-in-dialogue )

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!