Music. Must. Go on!

Blarghagh

Well, Radiohead's latest is out, A Moon Shaped Pool, and it's pretty darn great. I'm truly over the moon, since I'm a big fan of theirs and Thom Yorke's unique voice.

Here's one of the new tracks. Enjoy!

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Well, I thought it was O.K. until the vocals...:p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Bartimaeus: I can see why some wouldn't like his high-pitch whiney instrument-like voice. No worries, mate! Music certainly strikes chords differently for different people. That's cool. :)

This early hit of theirs is still a classic - I'd say it's eerily suggestive with lyrics to which lots of peeps can relate.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Well, I like this song even less than the other. :( Truth be told, I've just never really been a big fan of the whole "slow moaning" style of singing...:p. But hey, like you said, different strokes for different folks...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Here's a song I like no so much for it's sound but rather for it's lyrics and meaning:

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Has Youtube borked their certificates or something? I can't see one single video either.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Works for me right now, though Obs forums do bug out with videos from time to time for me as well. They have the worst forum software of any site I even remotely frequent, by far.

Edited by Valsuelm

It must be the forum, it neither works in IE or FF for me.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Finally working again. Suffice to say, the last page has given an urge to grow a mullet again.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

It must be the forum, it neither works in IE or FF for me.

Happens periodically on FF for me.

Anyways since someone mentioned rap....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acT_PSAZ7BQ

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b9Pwd-HhbA

I saw an old interview with Kurt yesterday where he recapped his '81 tour in South Africa. White guy and his Jamaican wife show up during the Apartheid with a mixed race band with no racial segregation on stage facing death threats from pretty much everyone, going on a tour of 21 concerts and not backing down.

"Almost immediately I was approached by four or five underground commandos, armed to the theeth, telling me to pack up and leave or they'll kill me. And I was like 'Yeah, then go ahead and shoot me now, I'm doing this tour.' and they actually backed down and followed us afterwards, trying to protect us."

That sure took some serious brass balls. ;)

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Yes, I keep posting Iron Maiden songs.  I'l keep doing it too MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (They have a ****load of awesome songs, that's what legendary bands do)

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So, I've been on a Soundgarden kick this week. It's weird. I grew up in the era, and was that kid at school, but I grew out of the music for the most part. I loved every band from the grunge scene, but Soundgarden is the only one that I can really go back to consistently. I can occasionally listen to Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, and a few others. Nirvana is something I grew out of completely, but I can listen to appreciate the drums and listen to Unplugged every now and again. Alice in Chains is probably second to Soundgardeb, but it is far too dark to consistently listen to. At least for me.

Anyway, of all the bands in the scene only Soundgarden had songs that were completely different genres while retaining their sound. They could do straight punk rock, sludge, grunge, a more classic rock style, etc. they just did it all. They also wrote what is probably the best all around album of the 90s, and almost definitively the best Grunge album. That is Superunknown. It has 5 songs that had consistent radio play, and that is out of 15. The remaining 10 songs are amazing too.

To sum it up: If you start Superunknown and you skip a track then you are doing it wrong. You just listen to the album. Writing an album (not a writing a couple singles with trash as a filler) is almost a dead art these days.

https://youtu.be/EU4L6THYAbM

https://youtu.be/Arsl19igduU

https://youtu.be/03Q65eMp_58

Just a couple of B-sides off Superunknown, and they are all gold.