Mature discussion on LGBT/Feminists who want to censor games.

luzarius

So GD was asking  " Does anyone else think there is too much effort made to make interpersonal relationships in video games a little too lifelike"

My response basically being  no because this thread is really about Bioware games and the way they have endorsed inclusion specifically around the LGBT community

The objective from Bioware  is to provide Romance and characters that offer heterosexual and homosexual  options ( and this includes dialogue and not just Romance dialogue) . But yes the options still need work to make them more realistic for many people but this is a work in progress. So in other words they aren't lifelike yet so work still needs to be done

And what I mean by demographics is there are really two angles that the LGBT community is asking for , they want to interact and meet people in the game that come from the LGBT community ( like in real life )  and they want  gay Romance options. These are two different but similar objectives. The former applies to your demographic and the latter applies to  a Romance arc

I hope this makes sense original.gif

I thought Bioware's obective was to make fun RPGs not romance games :p But ok, I see what you mean by demographic then, though I think GD was focusing on the romantic relationships rather than the Bro party member (there's always one) being homosexual.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Bruce: just google Loverslab.com and all your fetishes wishes will come true.

Have fun!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So GD was asking  " Does anyone else think there is too much effort made to make interpersonal relationships in video games a little too lifelike"

My response basically being  no because this thread is really about Bioware games and the way they have endorsed inclusion specifically around the LGBT community

The objective from Bioware  is to provide Romance and characters that offer heterosexual and homosexual  options ( and this includes dialogue and not just Romance dialogue) . But yes the options still need work to make them more realistic for many people but this is a work in progress. So in other words they aren't lifelike yet so work still needs to be done

And what I mean by demographics is there are really two angles that the LGBT community is asking for , they want to interact and meet people in the game that come from the LGBT community ( like in real life )  and they want  gay Romance options. These are two different but similar objectives. The former applies to your demographic and the latter applies to  a Romance arc

I thought Bioware's obective was to make fun RPGs not romance games :p But ok, I see what you mean by demographic then, though I think GD was focusing on the romantic relationships rather than the Bro party member (there's always one) being homosexual.

I firmly believe Biowares objective is to make fun RPG's but if you can also be inclusive and appeal to whole fanbase then why not do both?

And lets be honest the whole LGBT aspect of Bioware games isn't a massive part of the overall gameplay..its basically optional and is something you can ignore if you want?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Correct Sir! You can shut the whole messy thing down by just eliminating romances all together. I mean really, do any of them really work or feel organic? I'd say no. Or do what Skyrim did and just minimalize it. If you do either no one feels offended and you can concentrate on making the game story make sense. No THERE is something that could USE a little effort.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

- Cassandra Pentaghast modeled with a male skull, instead of a female skull.

I'm kinda curious how you figure that.

Sounds like you missed this thread.

BTW,  could not care less if some pixel woman is looking attractive or not, i am there for the plot and not sex scenes... if you want to have sex, just date with the girl you like to look at. it's easy as that, unless you are some basement dweller.

I firmly believe Biowares objective is to make fun RPG's but if you can also be inclusive and appeal to whole fanbase then why not do both?

The goat in the brothel was something indeed tongue.png

Trying to include the whole fanbase is impossible though, as some groups are mutually exclusive in their likes/dislikes and tolerances/intolerances.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Correct Sir! You can shut the whole messy thing down by just eliminating romances all together. I mean really, do any of them really work or feel organic? I'd say no. Or do what Skyrim did and just minimalize it. If you do either no one feels offended and you can concentrate on making the game story make sense. No THERE is something that could USE a little effort.

GD, stop being a naughty boy  !!! Your  comment may be true but its not really relevant because Bioware games will always have Romance, I would say Romance has become a trademark of Bioware so they will never be removed from Bioware games. Of course that doesn't mean that Romance should be the most important part of an RPG, not at all. They are just a  part of the party interaction. An appealing and appreciated part of party interaction but still just a part of party interaction. There are many other components of a RPG that need to be memorable and entertaining and therefore I would say are more important than Romance, like the narrative?

The goat in the brothel was something indeed tongue.png

Trying to include the whole fanbase is impossible though, as some groups are mutually exclusive in their likes/dislikes and tolerances/intolerances.

Sure I agree, which is why companies like Bioware are clear on what there games contain and if you don't like that or feel uncomfortable with there design decisions then you don't have to play there games?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What the twentieth century taught us is that political groups can successfully promote their agendas by manipulating and controlling the media. Computer gaming is a logical extension of this practice.

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

What the twentieth century taught us is that political groups can successfully promote their agendas by manipulating and controlling the media. Computer gaming is a logical extension of this practice.

That's interesting, I like that perspective

So all the debates we have over SJ  issues, for example, in this virtual world are actually a manifestation of the same issues in RL ?

John Milton 

This whole argument would carry a lot more weight if it wasn't just one company that provided all the evidence.  It is clear that Bioware has an agenda, and they are free to push it.  As a business, all they need to do is continue to be profitable, as long as they do that they can cater to whoever they want.

It's hard to make the argument that the industry is being taken over by feminists and LGBT groups when you have CoD and The Witcher still around.  :p

• Like 3

What's upsetting for feminists or gay people about COD ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Do you think COD is an inclusive game?

To be honest I am not sure how you would  really change it a meaningful way? Would you now throw in token gay or female characters just to pander to a group of people that probably will never play it?I have never played COD and I doubt I ever will, its irrespective of how inclusive they make it. You can compromise on many games like Witcher and expect them to be more understanding of certain SJ pressures and realities  but some games just can't change..COD is probably one of them?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

It appears you stumbled on this thread under the mistaken impression that a serious discussion of what it says in the title is going on here.

When in fact, this is a therapeutic thread where a ...troubled individual with a narrow notion of what a woman's face should look like, can publicly unravel their psyche.

The main benefit of this thread for the rest of us, is that it serves to contains that individual's pet peeve discussion in one place, and will hopefully mean that they'll stop derailing other threads with it.

Also, those not too creeped out by it may be able to derive some entertainment value from this thread... :biggrin:

Edited by Ineth
  • Like 4

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Isn't Call of Duty one of those FPS where you're forced to play a male protag?  I know being able to have a choice in PC gender is a big issue for people wanting better female representation in games.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I have no idea, but it can hardly be accused of kowtowing to the demands of that community.

Oh ok, I thought you were using that as games that would be slighting to those people.

Do you think COD is an inclusive game?

Everyone can relate to a pair of hands holding a gun. COD's characters aren't exactly puffed up all that much and most people play for the MP. I guess the character skin could matter.

Edited by Malcador

It appears you stumbled on this thread under the mistaken impression that a serious discussion of what it says in the title is going on here.

When in fact, this is a therapeutic thread where a ...troubled individual with a narrow notion of what a women's face should look like, can publicly unravel their psyche.

The main benefit of this thread for the rest of us, is that it serves to contains that individual's pet peeve discussion in one place, and will hopefully mean that they'll stop derailing other threads with it.

Also, those not too creeped out by it may be able to derive some entertainment value from this thread... :biggrin:

You funny :lol:

You never told me you were funny ?

John Milton 

- Most straight male gamers complaining about the PC of Dragon Age Inquisition get their posts locked, end up getting multiple warnings or get flat out banned.

So you're bringing that **** here instead.

May I suggest Obs look into hiring Stanley Woo? Because that's how bad it's getting.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Dirk here with an exclusive for all you Futureheads out there, Bioware have today unveiled their latest consumer survey and you will be among the honoured few to gain access to it. Please complete and e-mail to Bioware HQ:

Do you wish the game to be called:
a, Dragon Age: Let's play dress up.
b, Dragon Age: Magic fantasy kingdom funtime.
c, Dragon Age: Lots of blood and dramatic music, we're trying really hard to be mature.
d, Dragon Age: Dry humping the dating sim.
e, Dragon Age: A pony.
f, Dragon Age: A platform for cheap and profitable DLC.

Do you wish the protagonist to be :
a, Male.
b, Female.
c, A sexless but must be pretty thing with the barest hint of personality, spouting our god awful "humour".
d, Romanceable.
e, A pony.

Do you wish armour and weapons to be:
a, Oversized.
b, Needlessly and hideously ornate.
c, Romanceable.
d, All of the above.
e, A pony.

Do you wish companions to be:
a, Morons.
b, Useless.
c, Romanceable.
d, Pretty.
e, Cutesy and Snarky.
f, All of the above.
g, A pony.

Do you wish the plot to be:
a, Blah, blah, blah - skip, skip, skip.
b, A steady progression of ever more bland loot.
c, Illogical and insultive to the reasoning ability of a foetus.
d, Romanceable.
e, All of the above.
f, A pony.

Do you wish the primary antagonist to be:
a, A cliched big bad.
b, The tool of a McGuffin.
c, Romanceable.
d, A pony.
e, A reaper.

Do you wish the game DLC to be:
a, Content gouged out of the main plot, so that you can never just buy a full game.
b, Never ending.
c, Romanceable.
d, Other-Please purchase the "Discussing DLC bonus questionnaire pack" from the Bioware store to register any other options, yours for only $14.99.

Do you wish the possible failure of the game to be blamed on:
a, You.
b, 4chan.
c, EA.
d, Metacritic.
e, Bitter old trolls, who just don't understand our innovations and artistic integrity.

f, Gamergate.

Edit: In all seriousness Luzarius just get over it and play other, better games, the market has not had so many superior quality alternatives in quite some time. Or go back and play some old games that are packed with far more content, features and innovation than any new ones.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 6

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Dirk here with an exclusive for all you Futureheads out there, Bioware have today unveiled their latest consumer survey and you will be among the honoured few to gain access to it. Please complete and e-mail to Bioware HQ:

b, Dragon Age: Magic fantasy kingdom funtime.

c, Dragon Age: Lots of blood and dramatic music, we're trying really hard to be mature.

d, Dragon Age: Dry humping the dating sim.

e, Dragon Age: A pony.

f, Dragon Age: A platform for cheap and profitable DLC.

a, Male.

b, Female.

c, A sexless but must be pretty thing with the barest hint of personality, spouting our god awful "humour".

d, Romanceable.

e, A pony.

a, Oversized.

c, Romanceable.

d, All of the above.

e, A pony.

a, Morons.

b, Useless.

c, Romanceable.

d, Pretty.

e, Cutesy and Snarky.

f, All of the above.

g, A pony.

a, Blah, blah, blah - skip, skip, skip.

b, A steady progression of ever more bland loot.

d, Romanceable.

e, All of the above.

f, A pony.

a, A cliched big bad.

b, The tool of a McGuffin.

c, Romanceable.

d, A pony.

e, A reaper.

a, Content gouged out of the main plot, so that you can never just buy a full game.

b, Never ending.

c, Romanceable.

d, Other-Please purchase the "Discussing DLC bonus questionnaire pack" from the Bioware store to register any other options, yours for only $14.99.

a, You.

b, 4chan.

c, EA.

d, Metacritic.

e, Bitter old trolls, who just don't understand our innovations and artistic integrity.

f, Gamergate.

Nonek .....that post is completely unacc.......actually its very funny, it made me laugh ..."Romanceable "  :lol:

John Milton 

e, A pony.

f, All of the above.

e, A reaper.

b, Never ending.

Do I win anything for entering?

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man