What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Grey Goo and Star Trek Online

GG is slower than I'm used to but I'm enjoying it so far. I'm only on the 3rd mission but it's pretty hard so or maybe I just suck or both

STO - My Romulan Tactical Officer just hit 55 earlier this week and I'm mostly just grinding reputation before I continue with the story

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Got Grey Goo, so will try that tomorrow most likely. Toss up of whether I feel like playing WoW, Arma 3, Blackguards or Cities in Motion 2.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Grey Goo looked kind of interesting but I'll probably wait for some Xmas sale.

I'm currently mostly playing the "browse Steam/GoG and oh hey maybe I'll try this one, but, nah" game, while waiting for 7DtD update and PoE release. I'm slightly encouraged lately, however, in that I've been seeing more and more games that at least come close to making me want to hit the buy button, vs. almost nothing at all. Maybe 2015 is going to be a good year for me. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finally got 30000 kills Battle Trophy with Edge in Star Ocean Last Hope International. After 570 hours played I am missing only last 54 out of 900 Trophies. Thankfully the hardest and all except one timeconsuming are finished. 5 more trophies with Myuria, and I can finally go for another playthrough of the game on 2nd hardest difficulty to get another PS Trophy. After that one playthrough on easiest to finish 49 trophies for dead Faize, and then only one more playthrough on hardest difficulty, and I should see to pop-up the Platinum for this game O.o

This is my biggest test of my patience. I started game during Xmas 2010 and I was always getting back to the game after bigger or smaller breaks of up to 6 months. But with PoE coming closer and closer to the release, I do not think I will be able to finish this game before summer.

And right after that, I should consult my shrink :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Been running my new laptop through the paces with Elder Scrolls Online.  They are introducing a Justice system soon, so I'm interested to see how quickly the NPC bodies pile up.  You get to steal and murder.  The game does look fantastic on my new system.

@Gorgon - I've been hearing a lot of positive things about Dying Light, outside of some having memory leak/terrible fps issues or something. Fast combat, crafting, chr. leveling, fast night zombies, etc. I've been curious whether it might be something hubby might like but..not sure yet.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm enjoying AC: Black Flag for the most part, but man, these eavesdrop/tailing quests are annoying.  The eavesdropping ones in particular are just stupid when you fail the mission by not staying without range of them talking, even though they're walking away from you in a compound full of enemy soldiers and there's scarce places to actually hide.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm playing Dying Light.  As is, sadly, expected, the game has some bugs and issues at launch, but they can be worked around, most of them, anyway.  There is noticeable stutter, ghosting, and a weird issue where sometimes characters' lips don't move when they speak (other times they do).  The stuttering seems to be across both Windows and Linux, I'm not sure if the other issues are Linux specific.  The stuttering can be gotten rid of by simply turning off Steam Overlay.  I don't know how the two are connected, but turning off Steam Overlay solved the problem, so whatever.  The ghosting I solved by turning on AmbientOcclusion.  It's not in the settings menu on Linux, I turned it on in the config file and the ghosting magically disappeared (or it's a coincidence or placebo effect, small sample size and all).  The lack of lip movement I have not been able to solve, but it;s not a showstopper, it just makes some conversations look weird.  I'm playing the game at 1440p maxed out except antialiasing off (I don't notice jaggies anyway) and motion blur off (because I hate motion blur).  The game runs fine other than the lip movement issue.  I haven't thrown the FPS counter on it (don't think I can without the Steam Overlay or using a 3rd party app), but I'm getting a smooth playable framerate and haven't noticed hiccups.  

It's a very pretty game.  The lighting effects are pretty spectacular and the texture quality and character models are all quality.  The game plays like a better Dead Island with a greater emphasis on mobility and evasion.  During the day most zombies are pretty docile.  They will come after you if you get close and they spot you, but they can be easily distracted and you can get away from them quite easily.  I'll fight zombies if I have an isolated zombie or two, or if a quest demands it, but if there's a pack of them, I just run right past them.  The game has a free running system.  it's not quite as smooth as Mirror's Edge, but it is adequate.  Generally speaking, during the day, if you climb up on a rooftop or on top of a bus or van, you are untouchable as zombies can't climb.  Everything changes at night.  When the sun is about to set, it's a mad scramble to get back to either the tower or a safe house.  If you get caught outside during nighttime you are in a world of trouble.  There are super strong, quick, agile zombies that only come out at night and they will hunt your ass down and they will murder you.  Maybe at higher level I'll have the skills and means to fight them, but right now if I'm out at night and I get spotted I'm all "F this ****, I'm f'n out of here".  Running from the zombies at night is a pretty pulse pounding adrenaline rush.  They are just as fast as you in full sprint, maybe even slightly faster, and they can climb.  There is a risk/reward mechanic where all experience earned (you get experience for not just fighting, but also doing free running) during nighttime is doubled, so it;s a good way to get stronger, also a good way to get killed.

Anyway, I'm liking the game so far.  The gameplay during the day is mostly laid back since zombies are so easy to escape, but I like the fact that you generally don't have to fight them if you don't want to.  Gameplay during the night will get your heart rate up.  It's freakin' intense.  I'll post some screenshots once they sort the Steam Overlay problem out.  Without Steam Overlay I can't (easily) do screenshots, unless there is a screenshot utility in the game itself I haven't noticed.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

^Is it very story driven?

So far, yes.  The story definitely has me interested, but I'm very early in.  We'll see if it can keep me interested.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I watched someone's 2.5 hour, no-commentary playthrough of the first parts of Dying Light. Well, most of it. Skimmed a bit as usual. The menu's and skill trees look fairly interesting, the climbing seems ok...that pre-order "be a zombie" mp thing looks like fun (not that I pre-ordered). The npc/chr. dialogues seem somewhat numerous at times, but not in a way that would annoy me.

Still...not sure I want to spend $120 for us to try it. I'm hesitant that we'd actually play it more than one playthrough, if that, is what I mean. But yeah, it sure looks pretty. :)

Edit: So if any of you who have it, as you play, I'd love to hear what you think about replayability.

Dying Light. People seem to have technical issues but mine seems to work surprisingly well on a comparatively ancient 6970. Barely touched the story, doing some sidequests and just messing around.

Parkoured up a ramp over a pit and straight into a drop-kick which launched a zombie straight into a burning car. Game has potential for some creative sandbox zombie killing. Although jury is out if they could realize the full potential.

Grim Fandango

I haven't even needed a walkthrough yet!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dang, Dying Light went from easy to insanely difficult right quick.  I gotta go to an area that's ridiculously packed with zombies.  The regular ones I could avoid, but they have virals there, several of them, which are recently turned zombies that are ridiculously fast, can climb, and jump around like monkeys making them hard to hit.  Worse yet, I gotta hit them like 15 times with my crappy weapons to put them down for good.  I desperately need a better weapon but I can't afford one and I haven't been able to find a halfway decent weapon anywhere.  I think I'll need to abandon this quest for now and scavenge around a safer area for a while, because I got no chance in the area I'm trying to get to now.  I can kill one or two virals provided I can fight them one at a time, but half a dozen is way too much for me to handle right now and I can;t just run past them because they're pretty much smack dab in the area I need to get to.

I do like how after the first couple quests, which a very much scripted and will happen at certain times of day regardless how quickly you get there, the time of day runs freely and you can decide on your own whether to try to get something done while sunset is approaching or to play it safe and go back to a safe house to sleep until morning.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Disabled the film grain effect in Dying Light by messing with the files. I like the game better this way. This should really be in the options menu.

Which line in the ini?

I'm really enjoying the game btw, hopefully I won't end up overpowered as most of the fun comes from surviving.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Disabled the film grain effect in Dying Light by messing with the files. I like the game better this way. This should really be in the options menu.

Which line in the ini?

I'm really enjoying the game btw, hopefully I won't end up overpowered as most of the fun comes from surviving.

I think you have to unpack one of the data files then change something in one of the .scr files in the unpacked archive, then pack it back up.  I plan to do this myself when I get home as I'm not too keen on the film grain effect.

Edit:  Here is the Steam Forum post on how to go about disabling film grain.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Just finished Metro 2033 Last Light Redux on ranger hardcore difficulty. One of the most atmospheric and thrilling games I've ever played, the maps were fantastic and so was the gameplay. Too short though. A silenced 5.45 sub gun with a NV scope on top and the knife were the only weapons I used, aside from repelling scripted mutant mass attacks with a 4-barrel shotgun and the weapons I was forced to use near the ending. I love games that allow using stealth. 

I also welcomed some subtle improvements over Metro 2033, like the scarce but helpful little red flags on the surface to hint the direction I was supposed to go. I got lost and ran out of filters more than just once in Metro 2033 which was highly frustrating, this time I could actually enjoy the visuals on the surface. (Loved the bridge level near the end)

- Mild spoiler ahead- 

One thing I did not like was the morale system, and of course I got the ''bad'' ending. Yes, I got it, the whole game was about forgiving and being forgiven in return but some situations called for a less pacifistic solution. Yes, I killed those bandits in the tunnel who executed civilians and were about to rape a woman next to her dead people. According to the morale system that makes me a bad person, more than simply ignoring the whole situation and walking by. And yes, Pavel, after committing so many atrocities deserved no quarter, his fate of becoming a lost soul was fitting. But this decision also made me a bad person.

Some of the moral points made sense, some were a little on the WTF? side. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.