What you did today

Tale

Had to write a business plan which was incredibly exhausting but I'm really happy with the results. It was mostly about converting my thoughts into an as-fancy-as-possible text. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Went for a walk, tooled about town, had half a deli sandwich, briefly checked out the new hotfix patch for Stranded Deep, ate the other half of a now-cold leftover deli sandwich, currently settling in for some Walking Dead.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I finally finished building the new rabbit house/enclosure. It's lit, heated and even has a fan in the summer and the floor drops out for easy cleaning. The rabbits, as rabbits will do, are having babies. The wife refuses to let me cook them ( not just these two but any rabbit or it's offspring) so were going to sell the kits once they are old enough. She is under the impression the folks who are looking to buy rabbits want them as pets.

I see no reason not to avoid an unpleasant conversation by not disabusing her of that notion. I just said "Sure whatever".

you may need to buy a "pet" boa constrictor.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Still waiting on the VP of transportation for a local company to call me about this job running Avis (grumble grumble)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Tis a grim, grey and drizzling Monday here, and I had a fairly appalling nights sleep. Right at the moment I just can't really focus on what I should be doing, well, run through the lunch time pills and such for my mother, checked her oxygen tank and such like.  But now I'm just having that sort of vacant state, I mean I should probably send some emails to poke some people about some potential work, and re-read some papers to job my mind on work-related matters, but I just can't find the oomph or mental processes to do so at the moment.

I've got a stash of tv shows that I really should catch up on, but I simply can't seem to slide into a tv binge mood, nor can I seem to settle on reading anything. I guess it's an extreme case of the Mondays. :(

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Me and my cousin bought a small steak for a movie night on Valentine's day. We thought we should be a little fancy since we were both female-less for the day.

The tiny steak we chose (600 g. ~ 1.3 lbs) cost 250 SEK ($30). Ok, so it was from some fancy part of the cow and ok, it was from a happy cow (brought up on a farm instead of in a factory), but still! It was tasty but not 250 SEK tasty!

Later we realized that we could have gotten three kebabs for the price of just the steak. Including drinks.

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, my mother's heading in for a hospital appointment this afternoon and now we get to find out potential treatment options.

Although , something she hadn't mentioned last week came out today:

"It's always a good sign when you're leaving the hospital, and the doctor meets you in person to start pushing palliative care and handing you leaflets dealing with financial aid for death in the family."

How old is your mother, Raithe?

She's 66 at the moment.

Heh, that came up when I pointed out to her that cancer is not an automatic death sentence these days.

Woke up late this morning and rushed to work only to find a virtual ghost town. Took me an hour to wake up and realize today was a holiday and I was off

Should have rifled through everyone's desks for good stuff to steal.

Off work today, so I did cleaning. Also having a good snigger at the moderation of this forum today.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Woke up late this morning and rushed to work only to find a virtual ghost town. Took me an hour to wake up and realize today was a holiday and I was off

I've done the opposite, forget it's work and then realize it and arrive 30 minutes late. Like Malcador said, you should have gone through people's stuff. Not steal it, but make things freaky for the next day.

I tormented an OCD coworker by moving his monitor and phone a couple of inches to the left or right before he got in.  Got a good laugh out his ranting at the janitors for touching his stuff for a couple of days.  :lol:

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So I scratched my cornea's some days back. Nothing too serious I'm told but one eye worse than the other. Patch and drops for one eye for a couple days, the other was just "don't rub it". That eye is fine again, but the worse one is still an irritation. Doesn't hurt too much anymore but still light sensitive/a bit blurry at times and feels a bit like there's grit in there. Guess I'll go have them check it again make sure it's on course. I'm lazy about most doctor stuff, but vision I don't mess with.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Had to do a lot of hard, dreary work today so I decided to sit down and do some hardcore relaxing. I fired up the Lego CAD program [Nerd] and simply started building something. I know this sounds funny and childish, but for me this one of the most relaxing things in the world which even beats yoga or meditation.

And it reminds me of good times long gone.  I guess for some its painting, playing music or some other high arts, for me its building with Lego.  :blush:

If anyone is interested, I built an LMP1 endurance race car, 2500 bricks or so.  

Michael_LMP1_3_zpsxidkyp6l.jpg

Michael_LMP1_2_zpsjhposl5f.jpg

Michael_LMP1_zpsbozy0ww5.jpg

Michael_LMP1_5_zpsrlcswbcp.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Not as techie-nerd, but that is likely why I like certain building/crafting/survival games lately. It's not for any "scary combat survival" aspects - if anything too much of that gets in the way. I used to like more dramatic or decision making games but now I just want to search for the perfect base spot, build, and boil water. Apparently, I need to go camping again. :disguise:

...think I'll rent Fury tonight then go to bed early (hopefully). Have a long day tomorrow.

• Like 1

HOA went up again and I'm thinking it's time to get a house and some land somewhere. I like Colorado most of the time(every day it's not snowing) but maybe it's time to move to a new state where I can get a little bit more bang for my buck

ok, now before you reject the idea, have you considered cleveland? according to fed cost o' living index, the average price for a four-bedroom, two bathroom home in cleveland is $64,993. sure, cleveland is frequent a punchline, but you got sports and entertainment options in abundance. 

another seeming odd option (Gromnir actual does a fair amount o' research on just this topic as we is always considering investment in residential real estate and we don't plan on retiring in CA) is idaho falls. median home values dropped considerable over the past seven years and is still relative low.  winters can get a bit chilly, but they is dry, so if you is tired o' driving your car in snow, it is worth considering. yellowstone and jackson hole is not too far away, but absence o' a major university does result in some cultural options being  absent.   is kinda at opposite end o' spectrum from cleveland on our personal picturesque & scenic v. can-Gromnir-find-a-decent-blues-bar spectrum.

'course if you change mind about snow, there is buffalo... or utica. is hard to believe that anyplace in ny state has decent home values, but there is actual a few such places.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)