What you did today

Tale

A Rain-X'd windshield and a lot of rain = really fun rainy weather driving. The way the drops look at high speed with Rain-X is always awesome, imo. Especially under headlights.

Still raining, which always perks me up a bit, for the sound and sight factor. The messy shoes and home-entryway are another matter.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have about 10 pounds or marinated tri tip sitting on the counter, and I'm getting ready to BBQ it for my wife's 40th Birthday Party.  I'm enjoying a super hoppy IPA while I wait.

This one?

ipadayepiczombie001.jpg

http://www.epicbeer.com/return-of-the-epic-hop-zombie/

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I saw that one in the store just the other day, Hurlshot. Right next to a bottle of The Hobbit stout. I almost bought the latter just for the label factor, but it was just paper so...if it had been some kind of etched/melted-in glass design, insta-buy. I'd have hubby drink it and I'd save the bottle. Although...it was like $12 or $15 a bottle. Seemed rather high, but what do I know about beer. >.>

smaugstout.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Making sure I have everything that I need for the trip to England. I'm reading something worrying about recently printed passport. They made a mistake and forgot an L somewhere, and now the passports are being revoked. I looked through mine and I didn't see any spelling errors. I will probably spend the day playing games, and then get some rest in the evening before we drive to Göteborg.

Making sure I have everything that I need for the trip to England. I'm reading something worrying about recently printed passport. They made a mistake and forgot an L somewhere, and now the passports are being revoked. I looked through mine and I didn't see any spelling errors. I will probably spend the day playing games, and then get some rest in the evening before we drive to Göteborg.

England, eh? Have fun :)

Slept for 13 hours, twice what I usually work with. Feeling unusually keen and awake though, but I'm mostly glad I did'nt miss any of my appointments.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I can never sleep longer than 7 hours, even after the hardest workout possible. Adding just two extra hours nukes my circulatory system- I get headaches and my blood pressure drops. I think if I slept (if I could make myself stay asleep) more than ten hours I'd die

What I'm doing: I'm editing and touching up some pics to send them to the models. Thats the part I don't like about photography, I could spend days on editing a single picture and I'd not be perfectly content with the result. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Digital photography has created a lot of editing obsession. Not that you couldn't do it in the old days with the right equipment, but it was a bit more difficult and a lot more time consuming when it wasn't a matter of pushing pixels around with a mouse, so to speak. I find I have to force myself to stop much of the time. :)

Digital is a lot more convenient but ... well never mind. I'm just an old fart sometimes, is all.

• Like 1

Shot my 22 at 100 meters / 110 yds. Its not as accurate as a center fire rifle but thats what I expected, I'm still happy with the 25-27mm groups. (The white sticker is 25mm / 1 inch in diameter) I can do no better with that heavy trigger and temperatures way below freezing. 

Got some vertical POI shifts due to the low temperatures and I still need to go two more clicks to the left. 

ccisubsonic%201002_zpsx4ick7sf.jpg ccisubsonic%201001_zpsgzm1ah1z.jpg

Digital photography has created a lot of editing obsession. Not that you couldn't do it in the old days with the right equipment, but it was a bit more difficult and a lot more time consuming when it wasn't a matter of pushing pixels around with a mouse, so to speak. I find I have to force myself to stop much of the time. :)

I agree. The way I see it is that technology adding so much possibilities is both solution and a problem. With so many possibilities just a few mouse clicks away its easy to fix problems but its also easy to become an obsessive perfectionist spending even more time on editing than in the old days.

I must set time limits per photo or I'll go crazy.  

Edited by Woldan

That is a decent group at 100m. Scope or iron sights?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Started preparing for the spring garden today. It's going to be a full acre this time (based on me pacing it off). Still not 100% what we're planting but summer squash & zucchini is a must.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Scope at 10x, and I think those groups are not so great. I usually shoot like this with my handloads at 100 meters (5 shots): 

rum2_zpsf14aa165.jpg 

rum1_zps56a83591.jpg

Holes not touching = no-go. The 22lr has definitely less accuracy potential than center fire calibers.  unsure.png

Started preparing for the spring garden today. It's going to be a full acre this time (based on me pacing it off). Still not 100% what we're planting but summer squash & zucchini is a must.

Big thumbs up!  I wish I could start preparing my garden, I have to dig several new acres for my parsnips but my garden is covered by a 50cm layer of ice and snow. Edited by Woldan

there is something wrong with Gromnir and plants. we have a black thumb.  dry Gromnir's corpse and turn us into a fine powder.  make some kinda aerosolized solution from the powder and am certain you end up with a better defoliant than agent orange.  is moderate embarrassing just how bad we is with plants.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm decent to good with plants ... when I actually remember to tend them, that is. Which most of the time I don't - out of sight out of mind - so then they die or overgrow or become enshrouded in killer alien weeds or otherwise become a problem. Which is the reason I don't tend to regularly garden (vs. just "clean up" the yard) and try to buy almost-no-care shrubs and trees or things like blackberry bushes that you can't seem to kill even if you set them on fire.

there is something wrong with Gromnir and plants. we have a black thumb.  dry Gromnir's corpse and turn us into a fine powder.  make some kinda aerosolized solution from the powder and am certain you end up with a better defoliant than agent orange.  is moderate embarrassing just how bad we is with plants.

HA! Good Fun!

I can't take much credit for it. The soil here is just great for growing. The presence of two rivers close by and the fact this land was all wooded before I cleared it five years ago gives it a moist dark color with a fair amount of decomposing bio matter from the trees that were here.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Scope at 10x, and I think those groups are not so great. I usually shoot like this with my handloads at 100 meters (5 shots): 

rum2_zpsf14aa165.jpg 

rum1_zps56a83591.jpg

Holes not touching = no-go. The 22lr has definitely less accuracy potential than center fire calibers.  unsure.png

I've never tried hand loaded 22LR but I do know there is a world of difference between HV & MV as far as accuracy goes. I have a Henry Acu-Bolt and with HV & a bench rest it's effective out to 200m

Thomas Sowell

Those groups are from a center fire rifle, to compare it to my recent .22lr groups. 22lr -as far as I know- is not re-loadable because of the heeled bullet and the way it is crimped, not to mention the rimfire primer. (Though I'm sure someone somewhere tried it)

I found that subsonic are more accurate out of my rifle than the high velocity ammo. My theory is that ammo rated at 1300 fp/s (HV) has slowed down to subsonic velocities (According to my calculations with a BC of 0.130) at about 60yds, the transition from super to subsonic velocities causes turbulences which will decrease accuracy by a fair amount. Thats why a lot of 22's shoot great at 50ysd but pattern like shotguns at 100 which is common for high velocity 22's.

If lob bullets that are sub sonic right from the beginning there is no transition. Though I've heard of very accurate supersonic 22lr's, but match shooters usually use subs.

All that of course is a non-issue if we're talking about center fire calibers which will go from super to sub sonic at about 800-1200yds.

I can't take much credit for it. The soil here is just great for growing. The presence of two rivers close by and the fact this land was all wooded before I cleared it five years ago gives it a moist dark color with a fair amount of decomposing bio matter from the trees that were here.

Good soil is a blessing!

The soil around here sucks, its sucked dry and acidic but I'm hoping my own bio-fertilizer from old compost will improve things. Especially zucchini benefit a lot from good soil, the tough parsnips don't really seem to care though.

Edited by Woldan

It's going to be a full acre this time (based on me pacing it off). Still not 100% what we're planting but summer squash & zucchini is a must.

GD is short for Grizzly Adams, I'm sure of it now. My favorite show, I would go outside and hold my forearm up to the seagulls and expect them to land like the eagles did for Grizzly. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Man I just bent the pin that holds the beck rest of my weight bench in place, thank the gods it did not snap during my bench press. Well, now I know what I'm going to do with this months excess money.....ha ha ha.   ;(

Well my mother was released from hospital today, and they used an ambulance to drop her home. So now it's let her recover a bit, regain her strength before they start looking into what measures to take for the cancer.  On the somewhat oddball thing, as we were sorting out the variety of medicines and drugs sent home, figuring out the new ones, which of her old ones have been dropped, and any change in dosages/times taken, we found in her medical notes that one of the things she'd been diagnosed with during the last 10 weeks was pneumonia. Funny thing being that not one person actually told her that during the hospital stay.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

At least she is out of the hospital Raithe. Those placed are no good for anyone!

Thomas Sowell

Well my mother was released from hospital today, and they used an ambulance to drop her home. So now it's let her recover a bit, regain her strength before they start looking into what measures to take for the cancer.  On the somewhat oddball thing, as we were sorting out the variety of medicines and drugs sent home, figuring out the new ones, which of her old ones have been dropped, and any change in dosages/times taken, we found in her medical notes that one of the things she'd been diagnosed with during the last 10 weeks was pneumonia. Funny thing being that not one person actually told her that during the hospital stay.

Hopefully her health will continue to improve, best of wishes to both of you.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif