What you did today

Tale

I can't handle them putting anything down anywhere. I have done so/will if I utterly have to, of course but ... yeah. You don't handle so much as endure while pretending you're elsewhere. ;) Good luck, Labadal ... hope it's not as bad as the original test implied. Keep us posted.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Aye, good luck Labadal.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Good luck Labadal. :thumbsup:

Aside, for crying out loud, its 2015 and the best way to get a looksee is still sticking a camera up your butt? Where's my instantaneous full body scanner?! Ive been secretly holding out hope that the technology is developed before Im old enough to have to get a prostate exam but it aint looking good. :(

• Like 2

All I know of Milwaukee is Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley. ;)  I've been in WI but farther NW.

...getting ready to head out for my dance class. I haven't worn hard-soled shoes in a long time, feels weird.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

we mentioned that we took a substantial hit to our net worth when the real estate market bottomed-out a few years ago.  from a practical pov,  the losses didn't affect us at all as we were bringing in same net incomes.  however, for tax purposes we were able to be showing considerable operating losses. in fact, we still have a carryover o' losses such that we will be paying significant diminished income tax for the next few years. 

for many years we has used a lender at vitek to handle most o' our residential property needs.  unfortunately, our go-to guy were in a car accident a few months ago and he realized that he liked fishing more than working. so, we no longer got a go-to guy.  our fishermen friend recommended a fellow vitek personage to handle our most recent transaction, but we decided to go with somebody else, somebody who could give us a slight better deal on closing costs n' such... save us $1000 to $1500. not much but we is frugal.  

unfortunately, our unique tax situation is significantly more unique (yes, we know "more unique" is not possible) than the lender we chose were expecting. am thinking she is regretting taking our business. am knowing our accountant is a little annoyed that he is needing to explain things to her, but is understandable that the lender would look at seeming identical yearly operating losses in excess o' $150,000 with a bit o' suspicion. 

regardless, the loan is becoming more o' a headache than we anticipated.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Today I was on the verge of getting sick, probably the flu which is totally raging among my friends and relatives. For about two hours I felt really cold, got a headache, felt sick, my joints ached, I started to shiver and felt so tired I had troubles lifting my arms - simply all of the classic unmistakable signs. And then, BAM, all the symptoms gone and I'm instantly back to normal, just vanished in 2 minutes. I didn't even skip my bench presses and lat pullovers. 

Hm. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Haven't seen a postmark like this, before ...

IMG_0288_zps25188410.jpg

LeVar knows my name! He signed my ************* name! Geordi LaForge in the house! OH MY GOD

IMG_0295_zpsc86433f7.jpg

I'm glad I got my magnet and t-shirt.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I've only been once and for only a day but I remember having really good beer and believe it or not, Serbian food.

This was about Milwaukee btw

Good luck Labadal

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Okay, so check this out. Rate my insanity. 

Went to Target, a department store, primarily for a picture frame for Geordi, secondarily for a cute gift bag, tertiarily for a new nerd shirt, which this store has been excellent in maintaining. Managed to find all three. Naturally was most excited for the powder-blue Star Wars shirt, printed with the Tom Chantrell '77 montage. Went to checkout, realized ahead of time the shirt had no tag. Danger flags and sirens went off, confirmed by the following: Target courtesy clerk proceeds to lay garment flat across entire register counter searching for tag, maximum germ surface contact. Then he (or she, as it was indeterminable) opens shirt collar with both hands, then forearm, practically inserting face and mouth. Still no tag, turns garment upside down, opens hemline, inserting entire arm, finds nothing, inserts fingers and hand into both sleeves. Michael panics, then notices crusty red excematic growth between employee's fingers, and faints completely. Upon regaining consciousness and a receipt, marches directly from checkout back to shelves, exchanging said violated garment in a fit of phobic pique.

All Stop. On Screen.

This ****ing weather.  We got hit for anywhere from a little over a foot of snow to almost 3 feet of snow about a week and a half ago.  We got hit with another foot a few days ago.  It's snowing again right now and we may get another foot Sunday night through Monday.  The snow banks are piled up so high that cars can't see traffic at intersections very well and there's nowhere left to put all the snow, and we're only starting February, there's still over a month before we're out of the woods, we may get hit 3 or 4 more times.  I hate winter.  I hate Connecticut.  I need to get the **** out of this God forsaken hellhole.

:verymad:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've only been once and for only a day but I remember having really good beer and believe it or not, Serbian food.

This was about Milwaukee btw

Thanks! I was in Belgrade couple months ago, could be an interesting reunion. 

Edited by Tigranes

This ****ing weather.  We got hit for anywhere from a little over a foot of snow to almost 3 feet of snow about a week and a half ago.  We got hit with another foot a few days ago.  It's snowing again right now and we may get another foot Sunday night through Monday.  The snow banks are piled up so high that cars can't see traffic at intersections very well and there's nowhere left to put all the snow, and we're only starting February, there's still over a month before we're out of the woods, we may get hit 3 or 4 more times.  I hate winter.  I hate Connecticut.  I need to get the **** out of this God forsaken hellhole.

:verymad:

I don't think this'll help, but... I envy you. ;_;

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

am a freaking moron sometimes.  appraiser sets up an appointment and reminds us that water heater needs be strapped and we is required to have CO detectors. poop.  we got other properties, so we know 'bout such stuff, but we complete ignored our own home.  the necessity o' a water heater strap to prevent tipping o' a 60 gallon water due to earthquakes in the CA central valley is negligible.  its a $20 item.  we can actual buy CO detectors that plug-in to a wall socket if we is feeling particularly lazy, but chances are that we now got a home improvement project for the weekend.  we got smoke detectors already installed, but they is from when home were built, which were before the 2011 (?) law regarding CO detectors were passed.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just ordered a gun stock from overseas for 160 USD with shipping. Its a thumb hole stock for my CZ which is a laminate they call ''Royal Jacaranda''. Its a lovely color combination. Now I'll only have to wait....2 weeks.  :mellow:

Examples:

22-250007_zps65fe5a18.jpg

1773580_03_mosin_nagant_91_30_boyd_s_thu

I have nothing against a solid straight comb walnut stock, but the ergonomics of a thumb hole stock are so much better and the laminate is more weather resistant. And as a bonus it looks better too.  

Edited by Woldan

I really have a hard time with that colour, I think it looks weird and hard on the eyes, but it does look more comfortable to hold it.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. Some of my friends think its the most gorgeous color combination there is while others get raging eye cancer from it.  

There are so many color combinations you can choose from. Thats a different stock but it shows most of the variations available ... 

standardcolors.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

True, true. Tawney and granite are more suited to my tastes, autumn could work aswell. I think it's the three different colours like that that does'nt mesh well in my eyes. :)

• Like 1

I like that particular color combination because it kind of reminds me of the colors of the sub-artic tundra before winter. Reddish and light brown/yellow shrubs, gray earth / weathered branches. One of my favorite landscapes. 

tundra_1.jpg

royal-jacaranda.jpg?sfvrsn=2

But I can totally understand anyone who finds it too busy, most people prefer two-color combinations - As do I most of the time. 

Edited by Woldan

I like that particular color combination because it kind of reminds me of the colors of the sub-artic tundra before winter. Reddish and light brown/yellow shrubs, gray earth / weathered branches. One of my favorite landscapes. 

But I can totally understand anyone who finds it too busy, most people prefer two-color combinations - As do I most of the time. 

Aye, it's a lovely colouring for nature, that image makes me wish for a relocation ;)

I don't know, it might be that I can't really recall seeing a triple colour like that normally so it looks really artificial to me. Or somethin', maybe I'm overanalyzing it?

I really did like the walnut (iirc?) stock that you had though.

Snowy and slipper as **** on the roads. Storm warning coming in for the weekend.

The stock I had invested in, I was losing like 30% of my invested money. Out of rage (and furiously research), I put even more money into it. I am now only -7% and now forecasts are saying that things are looking good and I can end up with 25% profit if I am lucky. I'll find out sometime next week.

I don't recommend that anyone ever do this.

• Like 1

Snowy and slipper as **** on the roads. Storm warning coming in for the weekend.

The stock I had invested in, I was losing like 30% of my invested money. Out of rage (and furiously research), I put even more money into it. I am now only -7% and now forecasts are saying that things are looking good and I can end up with 25% profit if I am lucky. I'll find out sometime next week.

I don't recommend that anyone ever do this.

From the sounds of things, that is a good recommendation, I'd be writhing on the floor from stress...

Spoke to my father today, the ****er still has'nt changed his summer tyres to winter ones and he's driving around in snow and on ice. He says "manages fine, because I know how to drive properly" but I'm at the point of actually calling the cops. I don't give a rats ass if he smashes into a tree and offs himself, but he's risking others.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2