What you did today

Tale

Thank you. I just hope my soon to be dog will have a long and healthy life. My neighbors dogs were denied from such a fate, he had three dogs and all faded away in a matter of three years from strange illnesses. (Blood poisoning and strange bone infections, even the docs were puzzled).

I knew those dogs, played with them and it hurts to know they suffered so much.

But here I am already jinxing everything. In any case, I'll be extra careful and watchful.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Talked with a dog breeder, if all goes to plan I'll get a brown or black female Doberman puppy end of next month. Female because after an extensive conversation I found out I like the character of females of that specific breed a little more.

Can't wait.

Any thoughts on the name?

Yes, when I first tried to think of a name ''Jackie'' immediately popped into my head. I like it a lot. 

Post pics when you can and don't let her see you get excited, she'll have eating out of her paw otherwise.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Going to see American Sniper in a few.

I'm reading the book at the moment, its very compelling. I recommend it 

Today I'm having a Braai ( BBQ) at my house, I'm making my famous  "BruceVC potato bake ". We are going to have a few laughs and a few drinks of course  :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Last night I dreamed of Putin. When he started talking to me I stabbed him in the stomach with a screwdriver and killed him.  0__o

Which is strange, I actually like him. 

Edited by Woldan

Which is strange, I actually like him. 

Hmm? in a cartoon evil kinda way like him?

He is kind of charming in the same way as Goldfinger. Not to mention all the "badass" meme's that surrounds him! He's a prick through and through though.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Nah, the ''charming but misunderstood rebel'' kind of way.

If only, I could see you liking, Chavez or Morales.. maybe even Nasser or Porifio as "charming rebels", hell even Castro.. but Putin is pure unadulterated power hungry.. and worse, at the expense of his people.

- Also did basically nothing but play video games today, still slowly recuperating.

Fortune favors the bald.

Nah, the ''charming but misunderstood rebel'' kind of way.

If only, I could see you liking, Chavez or Morales.. maybe even Nasser or Porifio as "charming rebels", hell even Castro.. but Putin is pure unadulterated power hungry.. and worse, at the expense of his people.

- Also did basically nothing but play video games today, still slowly recuperating.

Nah, Chavez was a known idiot. Putin is a strong leader that stands against the Western SuperPower and for tradition in an age where political correctness and anti whiteness would see it destroyed. Really; the man has a great angle, if Russia wasn't such a ****hole he would be even more popular. I'm currently balancing my desire for a cute Russian waifu with my aversion to going back to the communist Third World. She would have to very impressive.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Photo session with Steampunk models at a really cool location, finally I can put my new camera through tis paces. I'd rather be in the mountains making panorama shots though, I hate taking photos of moving, babbling and arrogant subjects. 

Had the best time at a new place on the Coast Highway. Next time y'all come to Oceanside, this is where we're going. 

Could be the best atmosphere anywhere ... four separate bars with forty+ taps, on-site brewery with seating to drink and watch the brew brewing, two levels with a rooftop and (partial) ocean view, superb kitchen ... all brand new, just opened six months ago. Michael approves.

IMG_0281_zpse1212b48.jpg

IMG_0280_zpsdad62b4c.jpg

IMG_0277_zpsce92c42b.jpg

IMG_0276_zps245e3fcf.jpg

That last one is my BFF and his saison and my cream ale. We opened the place at 11am today, hahahahaha. Dude splurged and bought me a growler of their scotch ale, my favorite. Had the best fish tacos, Matthew ate a cuban sandwich, and even the salsa selection with the chips and salsa was fantastic ... guac, verde, fresca, picante ... delicious. Chris was our bartender, great guy. Seriously come visit, you'll love it.  

• Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

Going to see American Sniper in a few.

I'm reading the book at the moment, its very compelling. I recommend it 

The book is definitely on my to-do list

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Looking into start up costs of a new business venture. This will be selling/installing/maintaining elevated obstruction lighting. Tower lights, FAA compliance, etc.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Looking into start up costs of a new business venture. This will be selling/installing/maintaining elevated obstruction lighting. Tower lights, FAA compliance, etc.

Hehe, that sounds like fun. Tower lights. You've got enough time to write your memoirs and will before you hit the ground. :x

Hope you get it going :)

Photo session with Steampunk models at a really cool location, finally I can put my new camera through tis paces. I'd rather be in the mountains making panorama shots though, I hate taking photos of moving, babbling and arrogant subjects. 

I do hope you will share! :biggrin:

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Poor Woldan having to spend time with wymyn. My most sincere and heartfelt sympathies, man. This world is cruel.

Edited by Labadal

Is it arrogance? The one person I know who walks runways is so strangely fearless that I see why it might be construed as over-wrought confidence. She's not arrogant in her heart, though, she's the most down-to-earth soul I've met, born with an unnatural ability to withstand and even thrive under total scrutiny. Not me, I wilt and cower and trip over potted plants trying to escape anything resembling a camera phone pointed at me.   

All Stop. On Screen.

Poor Woldan having to spend time with wymyn. My most sincere and heartfelt sympathies, man. This world is cruel.

If it were only women I wouldn't whine, unfortunately I'm talking about MODELS.