Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

Sera has that low class English accent that grates on the ears and can be hard to understand at times. I was going to romance her but that accent was a killer.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Sera has that low class English accent that grates on the ears and can be hard to understand at times. I was going to romance her but that accent was a killer.

I love that accent! The only accent I can't stand in DA:I is Mother Giselle.

To each his own.

I've only got Hissing Wastes and Emprise du Lion to beat still. The only substantial complaint I have is that there's not enough main quest content to justify all the side quest content. Or maybe these major side areas like Hissing Wastes and Exalted Plains needed more dramatic quest arcs. Because you beat it and then you're still not sure what happened.

Some some grey wardens come in and tell everyone to retreat, but then start summoning undead? Is that right? But there's no fanfare when you kill the mage behind it all. And I did that long before I even rescued Celene's troops.

I would have traded it for one more main story sequence with the villain. Then they could have locked more areas behind quest progression and tiered them that way, shifted around levels. Given it more structure.

Still, I'm adoring the game to death. My game of the year. It has optional dungeons! Even Dragon Age: Origins didn't have optional dungeons. They have puzzles!

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"First of all,

."

Heh.

"And second, this game is just what Dragon Age II would have been like if EAware had spent the same amount of time and resources on it, basically it's Dragon Age II 2.0."

No. The goals of the two games were different. Besides, as is, DA2 is already the better game.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The Vinsomer is aggravating me a tad. I'm a level above it and I can only get it mostly down before my party starts running out of potions.

Though I did grab everyone's Focus abilities once I realized Focus isn't a shared resource. This might turn the tide. Eat four level threes!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've only got Hissing Wastes and Emprise du Lion to beat still. The only substantial complaint I have is that there's not enough main quest content to justify all the side quest content. Or maybe these major side areas like Hissing Wastes and Exalted Plains needed more dramatic quest arcs. Because you beat it and then you're still not sure what happened.

I would have traded it for one more main story sequence with the villain. Then they could have locked more areas behind quest progression and tiered them that way, shifted around levels. Given it more structure.

That's one of the things I thought as well.  If they'd cut out one or two of the "side quest" areas and instead focused a bit more attention on the main quest, it could have really come together nicely.

There are a lot of maps you can venture to that don't have a direct relation to the main quest.  I'd have liked to see a bit less of that and a bit more main quest.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Seriously though, Vivienne with the Knight Enchanter skill tree mostly filled out is a great dragon killer. She throws up a barrier, and bam, it's pretty much up constantly as she chips away at any dragons health.

Between the damage you deal getting a percentage thrown back into your barrier, and a percentage of damage done to your barrier being dealt back to the dragon..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I only have one thing to say about Dragon Age Inquisition, actually two. First of all, my experience in a nutshell. And second, this game is just what Dragon Age II would have been like if EAware had spent the same amount of time and resources on it, basically it's Dragon Age II 2.0.

TL;DR:

The game is filth.

YOU SIR, JUST MADE MY DAY.

Not that I agree that the game is filth, but DAMN THIS WAS FUNNY!

• Like 1

The Vinsomer is aggravating me a tad. I'm a level above it and I can only get it mostly down before my party starts running out of potions.

Though I did grab everyone's Focus abilities once I realized Focus isn't a shared resource. This might turn the tide. Eat four level threes!

I hate that dragon. Have yet to beat it. I'm level 21 and still can't kill it. My character even did 5000+ damage to it once and it barely scratch its hit points and it didn't have any defenses up either. Cheating game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I hate that dragon. Have yet to beat it. I'm level 21 and still can't kill it. My character even did 5000+ damage to it once and it barely scratch its hit points and it didn't have any defenses up either. Cheating game.

I beat that on hard with little trouble. What build are you using?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The buffetting attack the dragons do seem like a load of horse*** to me. There's little to no tell as to whether it's going ot do it, and thus your window to react is very, very small. It does tremendous amounts of burst damage. And the only way you can control where your character is going to move to using their dash moves is when in real-time play.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Game is hard. WAAAAAAAAAA! The game must be 'cheating'. Plenty of people have beaten the drgaons find. Learn to play. the game isn't that difficult. And, the dragons DO have tells from what I've seen and heard. :)

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Speaking of dragon attacks, it would be nice if the party AI was smarter -- or at least not completely dumb.

Dragon inhales to release a big gust of fire from his mouth, my party members refuse to move out of the way.  Worse, even *after* he's exhaling and there's a huge wall of flame engulfing them, they do not think to move to the side.  They simply either stand in the flames or run toward him, right in the path of the flames.

If I don't micromanage my party, they're dead within seconds of the dragon shooting flames from his mouth.  Literally all three of them will bunch together and just stand in the path of the fire breath.

That's one area where it would be nice if BioWare made the party members smarter.  You know, some sort of simple code where "burn=bad, so move out of the way".

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If we're still rating this game on a scale of a hundred I give it a 60/100. Continuing their established legacy of one step forward and two steps back, Bioware made a compelling critical path only to strand it in a sea of going in no particular direction.

Designers didn't seem to get the point of an Elder Scrolls-esque open world is to create (and then feed) a relentless hunger for interesting discoveries. "What, a mine full of expensive rare metals outside Balmorra? So I can harvest to sell with no consequences? Cool!" Players steps into the wrong side passage, and then BOOM: Fire Auruch! "WAGGGH!! The Balrog is chasing me and I'm only Level 2!!!!!!!111" <--- my first Morrowind experience

Most of these environments entail you finding the same types of puzzles and fighting the same types of enemies (Fade Rifts + Demons make up 50% of the enemies in every area). Consequently, there's very little excitement to be found just wandering around -- but wandering around is the point of these large environments? 

From the trailers I get the sense that more elaborate side missions were supposed to provide additional context and meaning to exploration, but these must have been scrapped at some point. 

Edited by Morality Games

May Kickstarter be with you and all your stretch goals achieved. 

Barriers, barriers, barriers.

This, put some goddamn barriers, otherwise Bull will die

Get some Silverite and make a heavy armor for your mage, making him or her less squishy,

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Unless I'm doing it wrong, I *do* put barriers up.  I handle the mage usually and let the melee/ranged guys do their own thing.  First thing I do when combat begins is put up a party barrier.

Problem is, the barrier comes down off my party members pretty quickly and the ability is still recharging.  So they'll stand in the way of fire coming out of a dragon's mouth instead of moving (unless I manually take control of them to move them when I realize they're burning alive).

Also, I don't like the weapons drops for my sword-and-shield warrior.  All the good items I've gotten from beating dragons/bosses are either one-handed warrior weapons or duel-wield rogue knives.  I don't think I've ever seen a good weapon drop for a sword/shield warrior in either of my play throughs.

Unless I'm doing it wrong, I *do* put barriers up.  I handle the mage usually and let the melee/ranged guys do their own thing.  First thing I do when combat begins is put up a party barrier.

Problem is, the barrier comes down off my party members pretty quickly and the ability is still recharging.  So they'll stand in the way of fire coming out of a dragon's mouth instead of moving (unless I manually take control of them to move them when I realize they're burning alive).

You have to use Barrier when the big AoE comes, and then hope it's recharged for the next. Don't use it unless needed. You might also want to use the various elemental resistance belts. If you're having trouble with the breath attacks, you might just want to use less melee characters.