Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

I won the game. I found the dragons to be more difficult than the end game bosses. Not complaining. Nothing can get in the way of my god like characters in games.

End game after the credits, what was that about? Caught me off guard so I didn't catch it all.

Solas is actually an elven god. He steals Flemeths power and his eyes glow ominously at the end.

And the bosses found in main story missions were generally weak IMO. I'd say the hardest was the Behemoth you fight in Haven's siege.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

All the characters in DAI are really well made and likeable. Except Sera.

Fixed that for you.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Solas for some reason, reminded me of Vulcans. Not just the pointy ears, his mannerisms and logic.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I won the game. I found the dragons to be more difficult than the end game bosses. Not complaining. Nothing can get in the way of my god like characters in games.

End game after the credits, what was that about? Caught me off guard so I didn't catch it all.

Solas is actually an elven god. He steals Flemeths power and his eyes glow ominously at the end.

And the bosses found in main story missions were generally weak IMO. I'd say the hardest was the Behemoth you fight in Haven's siege.

I was reading some topics at the Bio forum about this. I had him with my final fight with Cory and it appeared to me that Cory was directing a lot of his attacks against him. Was it because he is a mage or was it because of who he really is.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Hardest fight for me was the last boss for the "Here Lies the Abyss" quest, since up till that point I spent all my Inquisition Perks early on to unlock Persuasion options and the lockpicking perk, not on more focus and extra potion slots (and the healing grenade would have been extremely helpful for that). I spent the last third of the fight with my whole party at a point where a single hit would kill them, reviving them as they went down.

And I have to say I genuinely like all the companions so far, and I especially love the Blackwall story arc, not just from a writing standpoint but from a cinematic standpoint.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

All the characters in DAI are really well made and likeable. Except Sera.

Fixed that for you.

Nah, its Solas, he is incredibly aloof and full of himself. I know people like that in real life and dealing with them is a pain in the butt. Its not that he is not well made but he is like if you put ten elves into a blender and make a new one out of the smoothie. At least Sera is fun, isn't trying to force her opinion on others  and doesn't give your a ''Greatly Disapproves'' if you do not share her opinion. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

... I just ran into Lord Trifles Minutiae in the vault of Skyhold.. and he put me under the Quizquisition. With a Timer.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Toughest enemy I've fought was the two ogres in the Emprise du Lion when attacking that fort.  Maybe I tackled that mission sooner than my party was ready for, but those things kept killing my party.

Kind of sad when two ogres are much stronger than the big bad Corypheus.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hm, I will say its interesting how they keep adding layers to Flemeth in each game, and still manage to make it seem coherent and interesting.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I beat Inquisition.

Definitely has a pacing problem there at the end. There's no buildup in the final battle and he's easy as heck. Easiest boss battle of the series without even minor contest.

Probably should have had a big epic dungeon or area leading to him. Like a ruined Haven, bringing it back full circle.

I also got the Shadow of Mordor Platinum trophy, which is a first for me. And the DAI platinum doesn't look too far out of reach if I do a nightmare playthrough. Trophies are looking much easier this gen than last.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Thoughts on the combat?

Overall I thought the systems were worse than they were in DA: O and II due to the paring down of the classes and abilities. That said, the encounter design for actual quests I find to be a lot better than II's (thanks to parachuting enemies and hordes of encounter trash largely being omitted), though still not as good as Origins'.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I beat Inquisition.

Definitely has a pacing problem there at the end. There's no buildup in the final battle and he's easy as heck. Easiest boss battle of the series without even minor contest.

Probably should have had a big epic dungeon or area leading to him. Like a ruined Haven, bringing it back full circle.

I also got the Shadow of Mordor Platinum trophy, which is a first for me. And the DAI platinum doesn't look too far out of reach if I do a nightmare playthrough. Trophies are looking much easier this gen than last.

I found the main story kind of ran out of steam after you finish off the Orlesian court and Grey Warden quests.  The Arbor Wilds and then the final battle with Corypheus are considered two different quests, but they both "feel" like they're basically just the end run in a game that you know is drawing to a close.

Playing a second time through, you get a better sense of just how short the main quest actually is.  90% of this game is fleshed out with those sidequests to the maps where they're not directly tied to the main quests.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Also, I can't get anyone other than Cassandra to end up as the new Divine.  Even when she was my Inquisitor's love interest, she dropped me like a sack of rice.  I feel so used.

Thoughts on the combat?

It isn't good. The lack of abilities compared to the first two games makes and the continued lack of enemy variety in the series as a whole makes it so I use one set of tactics for every fight.

Also, I can't get anyone other than Cassandra to end up as the new Divine.  Even when she was my Inquisitor's love interest, she dropped me like a sack of rice.  I feel so used.

Apparently she's more likely to end up as the divine if you romance her.

Bioware has always had easy achievements. Usually there's only a couple that take more effort than playing the game normally.

I beat Inquisition.

I found the main story kind of ran out of steam after you finish off the Orlesian court and Grey Warden quests.  The Arbor Wilds and then the final battle with Corypheus are considered two different quests, but they both "feel" like they're basically just the end run in a game that you know is drawing to a close.

Playing a second time through, you get a better sense of just how short the main quest actually is.  90% of this game is fleshed out with those sidequests to the maps where they're not directly tied to the main quests.

Arbor Wilds felt like Ilos from Mass Effect. A journey through ancient ruins for the McGuffin to stop the bad guy and realize something greater is going on.

But Mass Effect had an appropriate setback. The bad guy gets there first and makes use of it. Leaving him on the verge of victory and the heroes to make the final attempt to stop him. And so you fight through the Citadel to stop him.

But without the setback, without the villain working from that position of dominance in the final sequence, with his army and his power, a lot of the drama is drained.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

EU4

So far my Cherokee nation has managed to consolidate most of the new world east of the Mississippi and Ohio but Spain is pushing pretty hard from Texas and the Caribbean. England also has a solid foothold in Canada but so far hasn't tried to push south

Free games updated 3/4/21

Thinking on it, I think that's one of the reasons Corypheus didn't seem very menacing or powerful a foe.  Instead of him being one step ahead of me all the time, it almost seemed like I was constantly thwarting his plans.  First at Haven, his big reveal was ruined by me bringing down the avalanche on his head.  Then at the Arbor Wilds, I came away with the power and not him.

Ran in to my first ever instance of slow down, when I fought the Highland Ravager.  I don't know if it's because of the multiple area effects going at the same time, or what it was.  But the entire fight was in slow motion.  It's the first time I experienced that in any of the combat engagements in Inquisitions.

So I restarted and decided to go Rogue.

Went with daggers...and I respec'ed to use traps rather than stealth because I kept dying with stealth. And I'm liking it a lot. There are still a few creatures that I had trouble with at lower levels (but it seemed fewer than stealth) most notably fire attacks from rage demons if I could get out of the way.

I just beat the Hinterlands dragon at level 11 with the character. The chain toss allowed me to move around the dragon away from the head, the dagger throw inflicted Sunder and a dagger type does well with criticals (plus I have it so that daggers thrown against one enemy up their damage with each hit). Too bad he's immune to poison (but it was helpful taking out dragonlings).

Had more trouble keeping Vivian and Iron Bull around than I did with the main PC.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

There's nothing left for me to do in my warrior play through.  Finished the SP storyline, cleared the non-main quest maps of all their quests, and have even hunted down every single dragon in the game.  I suppose I could try to figure out all the Astrariums, but that's boring.

MP, here I come I guess.

I actually did the Astrarium things and unlocked the achievement.  Got some neat weapons/armor that might have helped earlier in the game, but way under my character's current level to be effective now.

I also unlocked the achievement for upgrading my potions.

The only achievement I haven't unlocked is harvesting 50 herbs from the garden (I only have two planters, so it's taking forever to harvest them).