Dragon Age: Inquisition

Blarghagh

God, I hope they don't force me into playing it, like they did with ME3.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

God, I hope they don't force me into playing it, like they did with ME3.

Tell me that's sarcasm, given that the multiplayer of ME3 (which I actually kind of enjoyed) was practically inconsequential in deciding events in the main singleplayer campaign.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I seem to recall it only bumping that "Victory" bar by a sliver. If it was significant, then other decisions in the single-player game could more than make up for it (unless the player went out of his or her way to make the most absolutely horrible save for ME3 and continued their prosecution of the Reaper War in the same fashion).

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I liked ME3 multiplayer.  If you played with a good group it was lots of fun setting up combos and warp explosions. This type of gameplay doesn't interest me in the long term and with all the great rpgs coming out, I doubt I'll invest much time in it.

• Like 1

Before they patched it out you needed multiplayer to get the best ending iirc

What he said. I have no idea how much they changed the limits, though, but I definitely needed to play it back in the day.

I'm sure that with a bunch of friends it could have been a fun diversion, but with a random assortment of xbox livers, it was dire.

Edited by Nepenthe

Sure, if Shepard lives that's kind of a big deal

Maybe best ending was a poor choice of wording on my part. I probably should have said ending that requires the highest score so there is nothing to argue about

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Maybe best ending was a poor choice of wording on my part. I probably should have said ending that requires the highest score so there is nothing to argue about

Highest score?

Really?

Considering what being imported in DA2 from DA:o have no significant whatsoever, i think it will be the same with the Keep

Don't destroy the Urn, you get a minor pop up quest of someone selling the fake Ash, and just that. Support Bhelen, you get a minor pop up quest of saving Harrowmont family member at the dock, and just that.

Does it give any impact to the world? None.

You just proved that it impacted the world.

It isn't, all those add ups have no significant. Lord Harrowmont is no significant in the whole game, that fake Ash dealer also have no significant to the whole game. They appear just as pop up in Act 1 if you import some decisions in DA:O. They add nothing significant

I expect saving the Urn of Sacred Ashes and reveal it to the world could make Templars and Chantry followers more zealous (and crazy) than before, somthing like that. Epilogue says it become a "Mecca" for pilgrims. Just imagine a world where run by religious groups the founding of the lost prophet tomb that have proven miracles don't give any impact at all.

All these "import your decision to make it sound like legit" is overrated, they can't maintain large scale of probabilities...

Edited by Qistina

Before they patched it out you needed multiplayer to get the best ending iirc

The best ending meaning two seconds of Shepard breathing.

Come on, I mean Jesus.

Also changes the scene where they are affixing Shepard's name to the memorial wall.. and then don't do it.

But, it's a different and probably for most people the best possible ending in the game... that the changes to it are minute, don't change those facts.

Whether ME3s MP was good or not didn't interest me in the slightest. In my mind it was money they wasted on an unnecessary feature instead of using that money to improve what was basically a single player experience anyway (and there was certainly enough to improve about ME3 when compared to its predecessors. And I don't just mean the ending.)

I'm still not sure what the point of ME3 style MP in DA:I is. Co-op, now that's something I could get behind (though then they'd probably force it upon us the way they did with Dead Space 3, which also was pretty uncool. Basically you can "get lost" if you don't have a fixed co-op partner as far as EA is concerned.)

Whether ME3s MP was good or not didn't interest me in the slightest. In my mind it was money they wasted on an unnecessary feature instead of using that money to improve what was basically a single player experience anyway (and there was certainly enough to improve about ME3 when compared to its predecessors. And I don't just mean the ending.)

I'm still not sure what the point of ME3 style MP in DA:I is. Co-op, now that's something I could get behind (though then they'd probably force it upon us the way they did with Dead Space 3, which also was pretty uncool. Basically you can "get lost" if you don't have a fixed co-op partner as far as EA is concerned.)

To scale back from what I said in the other thread, I'm pretty sure that the MP modes finance themselves via the microtransactions etc. ie. this is not money taken away from sp development but budgeted separately due to the extra money it's going to bring in. If my friends weren't spread over a multitude of platforms, I might even give this a shot. As it is, this is just an unnecessary feature for me.

• Like 1

Considering what being imported in DA2 from DA:o have no significant whatsoever, i think it will be the same with the Keep

Don't destroy the Urn, you get a minor pop up quest of someone selling the fake Ash, and just that. Support Bhelen, you get a minor pop up quest of saving Harrowmont family member at the dock, and just that.

Does it give any impact to the world? None.

You just proved that it impacted the world.

It isn't, all those add ups have no significant. Lord Harrowmont is no significant in the whole game, that fake Ash dealer also have no significant to the whole game. They appear just as pop up in Act 1 if you import some decisions in DA:O. They add nothing significant

I expect saving the Urn of Sacred Ashes and reveal it to the world could make Templars and Chantry followers more zealous (and crazy) than before, somthing like that. Epilogue says it become a "Mecca" for pilgrims. Just imagine a world where run by religious groups the founding of the lost prophet tomb that have proven miracles don't give any impact at all.

All these "import your decision to make it sound like legit" is overrated, they can't maintain large scale of probabilities...

If I didn't import my save for DA1, those things would not affect DA2.

Please stop cherrypicking.

Highest score?

Really?

Well, yes, EMS is the score of the game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

IIRC wasn't it possible to get the highest score range without doing multiplayer?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

To scale back from what I said in the other thread, I'm pretty sure that the MP modes finance themselves via the microtransactions etc. ie. this is not money taken away from sp development but budgeted separately due to the extra money it's going to bring in. If my friends weren't spread over a multitude of platforms, I might even give this a shot. As it is, this is just an unnecessary feature for me.

I don't get why don't they allow for multiplatform multiplayer in non competitive games, it kind of makes for a more appealing player base.

BTW, I'm digging your new avatar and i'm listening to a rap version of La Cucaracha to celebrate it.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I don't get why don't they allow for multiplatform multiplayer in non competitive games, it kind of makes for a more appealing player base.

BTW, I'm digging your new avatar and i'm listening to a rap version of La Cucaracha to celebrate it.

Thank you, Ron Mexico really gets around...